No more Delgados.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
"The Delgados, influential figures in Glasgow’s independent music scene for over 10 years, have announced that they are to amicably disband. The reason has been put down to the departure of their bass player Stewart Henderson who informed the band in the New Year that he did not wish to make another album. The Delgados have always been known as uniquely collaborative songwriters and as such, it was decided that the band could not continue without all of its original members.

The Delgados leave behind them 5 critically acclaimed albums including The Great Eastern, Hate and last year’s Universal Audio. Their two principal songwriters Emma Pollock and Alun Woodward will be pursuing individual projects and drummer Paul Savage will continue production duties at the band’s Chem19 Studios in Hamilton.

The four friends will continue to run their record label Chemikal Underground in this, its 10th Anniversary year, with releases scheduled for Malcolm Middleton, Mother & The Addicts and Arab Strap. They are extremely grateful to everyone who has supported The Delgados over the course of their career."
http://www.chemikal.co.uk/news.html?id=63

Yeah, I read about this a day ago or so. Pretty disappointing, isn't it? I didn't consider them to be the saviors of music or anything, but I always found their music interesting and mostly enjoyable. I still remember the first time I heard The Delgados--it was in an independent video rental store in Urbana-Champaign, IL called "That's Rentertainment!"

I loved what I was hearing so much (the first three tracks off of The Great Eastern) that I asked the clerks what they were listening to. A few days later, I had purchased the album and become a fan. Solid music, through and through. It's a shame to see them go, but at least we had them for a while...!

it's a real shame for sure. but at least they put out 5 great albums before calling it quits.. that's a lot more than most bands manage, so congrats to them, and for the beautiful music. they will live on in our stereos.

I am really liking a lot of stuff on M Middleton's

into the woods

i guess I will have to give A Strsp a listen, next

into the woods :up:

I love arab strap. Malcom MIddleton is good too - I saw him live a while back and thought he was good - still like Arab STrap better though....

Back
Top Bottom