no cursing the refs....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Football Association? that's cool! I'll wait to see you on tv :lol:

How long does it take form level 7 to level 1? At which level would you start refereeing(is that a word? :p)? I wanna know more!!:drool:

Well, congrats! My advice to you would be to watch your back and stay low. LOL! I've heard football fans sometimes get a little out of hand.

i start at level 7, general small football, then if i referee 10 matches, i move to level 6 (i think), which is like 11-a-side local leagues, leavel 2 is premiership football and level 1 is international. i am going to work hard to get to that level, and funny enough im not planning on doing it full time, just a second hobby :wink:

start in 5 days woo im really excited, not trying to blow ones whistle though....badump cha! lol

prideofzootv said:
i start at level 7, general small football, then if i referee 10 matches, i move to level 6 (i think), which is like 11-a-side local leagues, leavel 2 is premiership football and level 1 is international. i am going to work hard to get to that level, and funny enough im not planning on doing it full time, just a second hobby :wink:

start in 5 days woo im really excited, not trying to blow ones whistle though....badump cha! lol

I can already tell that you are too smart to qualify to be a premiership ref. Sorry pride.

lol will do, but i tell you now i have reffed a couple matches without qulifications and its hard to make the right decisions all the time, you always make at least 1 cock up, and when you have no linesman, well its impossible to know if someone was offside or not, you can only see so much so, apoligies for any cock ups i may make in the future

Well thats refreshing at least a ref admitting to a mistake, unlike that horrible toad stiles in mid week, that tackle by Fitz Hall wasn't even a yellow, but to give it a straight red was F*&^ing laughable, then those decrepit old tossers at the fa reject Wigans appeal, if stiles had any kind of backbone whatsoever he'd have publicly stated he'd made a mistake, & it shouldn't have been a red card, but then again we're talking about a particularly nasty person, even more so than most of his counterparts, what say you, Prideof.
& while we're at it, did you see the Fulham/United game today, if so could you please explain to me how Boupa Diop was carded for a foul on Ronaldo, rightly so IMO, but minutes later made a far worse tackle on Giggs, & not carded.The only reason I can see is the ref didn't have the spine to send him off, there's absolutely no other reason why he didn't produce a card for that tackle, compare that challenge to Hall's for Wigan, and the indifference between ref's is at best laughable, at worst downright disgraceful!

lol thanks for the "no brain activity" explaination

my best guess for the man unt incidents is, iv seen this before but the referee is a supporter Fulham, not sure if he is or not but it wouldnt surprise me, he made a booking for a tackle ok might of been right might not of been (i didnt see the match sorry), but when a worse one came in the last thing going through his mind is "shit if i red card him i will be kicked out the house by my missus and hated by all my fulham friends, shit shit shit, erm, free kick will do yeh"

and if a player was sent off for a non bookable tackle something went badly wrong with the refs eyesight, in this case the referee should of consulted the linesman and fourth official for a clear determination on what occured, instead of lashing out a straight red for an uncertainty.

the referee THEN after lashing out the card should of reviewed the footage after the match, realised it was wrong, made an apology and gone to the FA and asked them to revoke the 3/4 match ban he placed on him.

then again thats coming from someone who has yet to get his level 7 yet, (4 more days yey!), but like i said if it was me thats what i would do, Man Unt wise, thats my best guess unusual booking malarky

prideofzootv said:

and if a player was sent off for a non bookable tackle something went badly wrong with the refs eyesight, in this case the referee should of consulted the linesman and fourth official for a clear determination on what occured, instead of lashing out a straight red for an uncertainty.

the referee THEN after lashing out the card should of reviewed the footage after the match, realised it was wrong, made an apology and gone to the FA and asked them to revoke the 3/4 match ban he placed on him.

then again thats coming from someone who has yet to get his level 7 yet, (4 more days yey!), but like i said if it was me thats what i would do, Man Unt wise, thats my best guess unusual booking malarky

Again with the brain power, man. Watch out for that. :wink:

I used to referee minor-league hockey. You are going to make mistakes, and you're going to make some bloody big ones. In every single game. It happens, though - it always will when one person is asked to make every judgment call on the fly for an hour, or 90 minutes, and keep up with the athletes while you're at it. My best advice is just to remember this, and when you do make a mistake, there is usually something to improve (your positioning, knowledge of the rules, etc) so you should find the thing you need to work on. That's how you become a better referee.

I wish you the best of luck. Maybe you can score me some World Cup tickets when you ref the finals? :hyper:

lol, yeh, its even a bigger bastard when the rules keep changing, every 3 years the FA decide to alter the offside rule so no-one ever knows the offside rule properly, and same with every other rule, stupid but what the hell.

I referee basketball. People hate me.

I take it out on Pat Burrell come baseball season.

you mean the big brawl?

well a ref can only do soo much without hitting someone,

if i got called in the middle of a brawl, i would blow my whistle very hard get my linesman and 4th official across to help seperate the teams, go speak to the managers, tell them to get there teams under control or i begin booking everyone, the main person(s) i would book after things are calm again are those who started the brawl, i would then warn the managers if it happened again i would call the game off because i am there to referee a football match, not a wrestling/ boxing match.

i think we already did, its called either:-

Man unt vs Arsenal
Man Unt vs Chelsea
Arsenal vs Chelsea
Anyone vs Millwall

and a nice local one for me

Newcastle vs Sunderland
geordies vs Mackems

thats your boxing football genres

Back
Top Bottom