NKOTB Reunion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
New Kids on the Block to reunite

Band will perform first live concert since 1994 on the TODAY Show plaza

By Mike Celizic
TODAY
updated 9:20 a.m. ET, Fri., April. 4, 2008

They’re no longer kids, and the block they’ll be on is actually Rockefeller Plaza. But for the first time in 14 years, the New Kids on the Block will be reunited Friday on TODAY.

The band will return to TODAY on May 16 to perform their first live concert since 1994 as part of TODAY’s summer concert series on the Plaza.

The reunion comes 22 years after the band was formed in Boston and 20 years after the debut of their breakthrough album, “Hanging Tough,” rocketed Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg, Danny Wood and Jordan and Jonathan Knight to stardom. Over the next six years, they sold more than 70 million albums and made hundreds of millions of dollars.

Wahlberg said he was persuaded to get back together with his former bandmates — Joey McIntyre, brothers Jordan and Jonathan Knight and Danny Wood — when they decided to record new music. Wahlberg said he wrote 80 percent of the new material with McIntyre and Jordan Knight.

“I had no interest going out on a nostalgia tour and singing the same material,” said Wahlberg, 38.

But, he added: “We absolutely will do the old songs for sure.”

Producer Maurice Starr formed the group in Boston in the 1980s, hoping to re-create the success he had with another teen group from Boston, New Edition.

At the height of their popularity, New Kids sold out world tours, marketed millions of dollars in merchandise and spawned a Saturday morning cartoon.

No longer boys and with their music fallen out of favor, the group disbanded in 1994 and its members scattered off to separate careers. Jonathan Knight went into real estate; his brother Jordan continued a solo singing career and had a platinum single, “Give It to You.”

McIntyre also went solo and got into acting, landing a regular role on “Boston Public” and taking a turn on “Dancing with the Stars.”

Wood went back to Boston, started a record label, and continued to sing. Wahlberg became an actor, a career path that had been blazed by his brother Mark “Marky Mark” Wahlberg.

capt.1ec3384bb2f946f89b9d02687577942a.music_new_kids_on_the_block_nyjc101.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say that I kind of prefer all of them being together in 1 place anyway

makes it easier to avoid the lot of em

I was having lunch in a local pub today, when I happened upon their TV showing 80s videos. Lemme say seeing The Right Stuff almost put me off my calamari..... :huh:

:D

Back
Top Bottom