NIN review + Setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
NINE INCH NAILS WITH TEETH By Isabelle Guns

Let's go back to my first NIN show back in 1999 before touching on tonight's show. 174 become my lucky number the day NIN tickets went on sale for "The Fragile" tour. My best friend Kevan and I grabbed the very last pair of GA floor tickets. I believe that it was fate that I was supposed to be on the floor at NIN.

I was right in front of the mosh pit with no obstruction other than my favorite rock hero performing my favorite tracks. At one point during the show Trent went into the audience and of course the crowd become naturally pushy. Before I knew it a large number of 200 - 300 lb guys were literally squishing me to death.

I had been in numerous mosh pits prior the NIN gig so I knew that my time was coming up. I felt my organs literally squishing up against each other. I felt the shifting of vital organs inside me, however, for some strange reason, it didn't hurt and I didn't care. Seconds later, I felt my heart slowing down beat with beat...weaker by weaker. I allowed the feeling of suffocation consume me. I knew at the time that it was the end. I gave in and closed my eyes, slipping away. I was happy that I was going to die at a NIN concert instead of in a car accident or in my sleep. Dying happy made everything alright. And then....booom...everything went dark and the world stop. CRASH!!!!!

I eventually became semi conscious as I was pulled out by 3 security guards. My body was limp like a wilted flower stepped on by unaware children. I felt the desperation of everyone trying to revive me to a full state. I don't remember how I was found.

I was saved! Lucky me...I cheated death. Ever since the NIN concert, I've been careful about mosh pits. I sometimes get anxiety attacks if the crowd becomes too rough.

That brings us to 2005...the next NIN tour titled "With Teeth". I was back at the scene of the crime so to speak. This time I was smart and took a seat in the Plaza section front row. I was offered free floor wrist bands numerous times but I politely declined.

I rocked out in my seat, jumping up and down, dancing harder than most on the floor. Watching Trent hunched over the mic trying to convince himself with each lyric that the sentiment was still the same, reminded me of why I fell in love with NIN in the first place.

The most surreal part of the show was during the song "Right Here Where It Belongs" in which a large screen depicted images of beauty and horror. Images of what you'd see on either the documentary or Discovery channel. Trent appeared behind the cotton thin screen with only a single light illuminating him like an angel of reason as he sang "And if you look at your reflection is it all you want it to be?"

SETLIST:
01. Love Is Not Enough
02. Wish
03. Terrible Lie
04. Line Begins To Blur
05. March of The Pigs
06. The Frail
07. The Wretched
08. Closer
09. Burn
10. Gave Up
11. Eraser
12. Right Here Where It Belongs
13. Beside You In Time
14. You Know What You Are
15. SIN
16. Only
17. Deep
18. Down In It
19. Hurt
20. Hand That Feeds
21. Starfuckers Inc.
22. Head Like A Hole

I might see them two weeks from Sunday. Show's in San Antonio and I really want to see it. Shouldn't be too hard to score tickets

isabelle_guns said:
Let's go back to my first NIN show back in 1999 before touching on tonight's show. 174 become my lucky number the day NIN tickets went on sale for "The Fragile" tour. My best friend Kevan and I grabbed the very last pair of GA floor tickets. I believe that it was fate that I was supposed to be on the floor at NIN.
the fragility tour hit vancouver in 2000, i think.

i was at that show, about 15 rows up from the left side of the stage.

AWESOME. probably one of the best shows i've been to.

and yeah, the floor looked fucking CRAZY. glad you made it out of there. :up:

I was hoping for "Reptile" or "Happiness in Slavery" myself. Hell, even "Get Down Make Love" would have been hot. That's a satisfying set list, just wish it had some more old school-ish tracks on it.

Back
Top Bottom