Nicknames

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
What are yours? I had several growing up... since my name is Kathleen, I wanted to be called anything but that. Now, I prefer Kathleen, and many people assume it's Kathy, Katie, Kate etc....

Most of my relatives call me Kay - which is fine because I'm used to it. But for some reason lately my friend's boyfriend started calling me Kitty... mainly I think to annoy me (all in fun, he's a great guy) and unfortunately it's starting to stick. :banghead: I cant imagine a worse nickname personally... I hate it! and the more I complain abuot it... the more they make sure to call me that.

:reject:

I'm Katherine, and I get called just about every shortened version. My family and my friends back home call me Katie or Kate...people in my current town and my fiance call me Katherine or Kat (some people call me Kitty Kat).

Of course...there are some people who call me Bonochick or BC on occasion too! :silent: :D

I hate nicknames

My name is Christina... call me Christina.

A very select few can call me Chris... and my brother calls me Stina. As for the rest, my name is Christina, thank-you.

<-------obviously, without the u2

My real name is Lucia. Casually I go by Lucy. Some family and friends call me Lulu or just Lu.

And of course, Loopy. :shrug:

My real name is Ariadne, but no one ever calls me that. When I was born, my mom had no name for me, so they just didn't name me for a few months. lol. My aunt decided to call me Boo, and it has stuck. Absolutely everyone calls me Boo, and never Ariadne, unless I ask. I'm known as Ari around my online friends, and sometimes Cosmos as well, not to mention a dozen other nicknames, including Chunk. (Also bestowed upon me by my aunt :rolleyes: )

my real name is icelle, but everyone in my family calls me nells, or nellie. even my boss calls me nellie.

Cakey
Pookie
Woobie
Bub
CeCe
Noodle
CareBear
Angel
Car

-> I've never liked my real first name, so nicknames have never bothered me. :)

I know... I hate Chris, Chrissy, or Christina (no offense but that's just not my name)

Just call me Christine. :mad:

_____
:wave: mr. fish can call me whatever he wants

No offense taken!! :wink: I hate it when people call me Christine!! It's a whole different name.

My names:

Afro Puff
Afro Queen
Afro
Kell-Dawg*
Kel
Kellyannie*
Kellyanniebobannie*
Kellyanne*
Kellico
Kelloggs
Curly Q
and last but not least:

Afro Ho! (pleba girls nic for me)

*are ones that just family call me

and all the others my friends call me

Just call me Kelly tho!

like this smilie!

My real name is James...

nicknames....

Jim
Jimmy
Jimmy Bill....:rant:
In third grade I was called the Pineapple man because of my last name....Dole...:laugh:
My roomates nicknames for me are....
dawg
el pescado

_______
:wave: I calling Sicy Cutie right now

bono-vox said:
:eyebrow: Really? Never realized that...

Stoopid.

Silly.

Kyle. (Which is cause I love to play a Star Wars Pc game all the time *hehe* )

S-weeeeet.

Devy.

And some people call me 'Str?mpfi' which means something like 'socky'. I hate being called like a small sock. :grumpy: Don't ever want to know why they call me like that! :mad:

My name is J O A N N A - NOT Joanne!!

I like to be called Joanna or Jo. I do not like being called Joanne... *shivers* I just hate that (nothing wrong with the name Joanne - it's just NOT my name!! :lol: ).

Other names I've gathered over the years:

Jo Jo
Joey
Jonana
Josephine
Queen of Sarcasim
Man Beast (don't ask)
Freak Girl
Chuck
Chuckypigs

:lol:

Jo

Most everyone just calls me Rachel.

My parents occasionally call me Rach, Ray, Ray-Ray, or Big Stuff (long story).

A few of my friends call me Raquel or Raquel Rodriguez.

One woman I worked with this summer called me Chickie.

Everyone calls me Schabow because it's my last name. I guess it must be a catchy name or something.

My school friends father, was a rather sad alcoholic, but from that weekend armchair stupour of his , he would come out with the most succinct poetry. My sister and I walked into his house one day and he said
.."ahhh Wendy Brighteyes and Pamela Peach Blossom"
The names stuck and I didn't mind.....could have been a whole lot worse I think.
I was thinking about nick names yesterday. I have a couple that are only used by an individual...and I like that. It creates some kind of link.
something my paternal grandmother wrote to me years AND years ago...."in my golden chain of friendship , you are an important link"
I call hub"Chief Blackcloud" sometimes...when he's out of earshot.
Our band once played at an outdoor combined 21st birthday party. We asked the names of the guests of honour. Very hard to keep a straight face with some Australian nick-names. The birthday boys, brothers, even their mother called them that, were.......cabbage" and "misery" I have never forgotten that.:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom