Nick Drake/Cat Stevens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
So tonight I'm driving and I hear this song, I thought to myself....
"This sounds like Cat Stevens" So I'm listening and I didn't recognize the song(although I'm not the know-all of Cat Stevens songs) The DJ says it was Nick Drake.........
Who is Nick Drake??
I like what I heard!!! It was really beautiful.......very much like Cat Stevens....

Nick Drake is amazing - I highly recommend him :) Here is one website that has some info on him: http://www.nickdrake.net/ There are other ones I'm sure you can find as well, but I know this has a bio, etc. He was an English singer/songwriter, mainly in the late 60's, early 70's. He died of an overdose sometime in the early-mid 70's, can't remember exactly when. "Way to Blue: An Introduction to Nick Drake" is a good album to get to check him out. His music is really mellow, amazing voice... If you've ever heard Neil Halstead, I think he sounds similar to how Nick Drake sounded. You should definitely check it out :)

ummmmmm....you're not likely to find anything there. Believe me, I've tried.

But I did find his song "Pink Moon" on a compilation cd at Wal-Mart some time ago. The CD was called As Seen On TV.

Off to Best Buy...........
Yay! I think you'll really like him - well, them both, actually. :) Yeah, they used the Nick Drake song "Pink Moon" in a VW commercial a while back...it's a great song, but not nearly his best, in my opinion. I think I ordered my cds off Amazon, but I have seen both Nick Drake and Neil Halstead at some stores - I think my best buy here has it, but I guess it's hit or miss. :slant: Good luck! :D

Last edited:
I would highly recommend Five Leaves Left..very strong debut with beautiful string and acoustic arrangments..the songs "River Man" and "Fruit Tree" I would highly recommend for those who want downloading previews..he really was one of the most innovative musicians of that period and had such an elegant and striking voice..he had a real knack for experimenting in varied tunings and finger-picking harmonies which make him a tricky guitarist to emulate and cover..sadly as a naturally shy and distant character he would rarely perform his material live meant his reputation and material only really grew outside of his small cult following after he died..a very underappreciated singer/songwriter of his time

Back
Top Bottom