NHL Play-Offs - ALL First Round Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edgeman said:
True, but I hate how the wild play....give me a hard played game any day. I really like how the leafs play...with the body.

I hate the trap, and I hate no body contact in games.

Try winning a championship without defense. Lemaire is an awesome coach. I love how the trap stiffles teams.

Sloppy, huh. Think about how young the majority of the Wild players are. We have one guy who is 18 and one who is 20. Our star is 21 - they are not the old stodgies (o.k., my age) found on the Avs or Wings. They'll clean up over the years - and as they do........

Another thing to look at - how low our salaries are.....and how many wins each team had during the season.....

Ya but Minny does play boring hockey...though it does win and that all that matters...its still boring.

I fell some hesitation on your side Velvet...what you dont want to kiss me!!

And Chizip...you stay away from Velvet!!! or i'll kick your blues ass!

Re: Wild 4 Avatars 2

zonelistener said:

SWEETREALITY

I have to continue reading this thread to see you devestated!

IN THE STATE OF HOCKEY!

I need a wild avatar NOW!

I'm not devestated.

If Roloson's throwing his helmet in panic in Game 1, when the Wild have a *lead*, what's he going to do when things really get intense? Melt down completely?

One game does not a series make.

Throwing helmet - I must have missed that.......

No coverage of that here (I swear I saw most of the game). At least he doesn't kick-pass the puck to opposing players to shoot it in......

"one game does not a series make" is a true statement of a losing team.

:lol:

They are a three-year old team unlike the "established" Nordiques/Avatars completely SHUTDOWN!

zonelistener said:

Try winning a championship without defense. Lemaire is an awesome coach. I love how the trap stiffles teams.

Sloppy, huh. Think about how young the majority of the Wild players are. We have one guy who is 18 and one who is 20. Our star is 21 - they are not the old stodgies (o.k., my age) found on the Avs or Wings.

Old stodgies? Please. Few of our players are even thirty.

I guess their youth is why the Wild hold all the scoring titles this season...oh wait, they don't! The "old" Avs do! :rolleyes:

Chizip said:
a wild vs new jersey finals would be the most boring thing ever

I don't want the Wild in the finals yet!

A first round victory would be nice...but BABYSTEPS are needed (I don't want to become the Florida Panthers).

Devils would bring high ratings (NYC is the largest TV market). And yes, Devils are boring because of their former coach....Lemaire.

zonelistener said:
Throwing helmet - I must have missed that.......

No coverage of that here (I swear I saw most of the game). At least he doesn't kick-pass the puck to opposing players to shoot it in......

"one game does not a series make" is a true statement of a losing team.

They are a three-year old team unlike the "established" Nordiques/Avatars completely SHUTDOWN!

Yeah, just keep building yourselves up. The fall will just hurt worse the higher you go. I'm picking up a real edge of panic to your excitement.

Honestly. :rolleyes: The Avs WILL win this series.

It's missing the little things like Roloson's panic attack that will end this series. The puck bounced off his head and he shook his helmet off. Took two or three shakes for the supposed "broken strap" to let loose--amazingly as the Avs were pounding the net. It was sad. Roloson won't be able to handle the playoffs.

bonoman said:
One game Zone...even i'm not as confident and we are the OILERS

Far from confident......just trying to get some respect for a well-coached, young team. No one expects much from the Wild - but they will be serious contender in the years to come!!!

Oilers kicked the Wild butts ALLL YEAR LONG!!!!

Wouldn't Oilers be a better name for Dallas rather than the North Stars

bonoman said:
No. Edmonton is the Oil captial of NA...its just not the corprate caapital...we actually do hard work and produce all our oil!

And it's an actual product, not just a concept. What the heck is a Wild anyway?

AvsGirl41 said:
:rolleyes:
It's missing the little things like Roloson's panic attack that will end this series. The puck bounced off his head and he shook his helmet off. Took two or three shakes for the supposed "broken strap" to let loose--amazingly as the Avs were pounding the net. It was sad. Roloson won't be able to handle the playoffs.

He didn't throw it off....now I know what you are talking about.... :lol:

Hell - if I got knocked in the head with a NHL shot - I would shake my helmet off too! Nice overinterpretation though. True over-reaction from a team that lsot....trying to find excuses for collapsing - or not taking a team seriously enough.

Can't wait for your next :rolleyes: comment. :rolleyes: isn't a very strong argument.

I gotta agree with Avsgirl...the WILD is a bad name...it seems to me like alot of new american teams have shitty names...

Leafs (canadian reference)
Flames (hmmm i dont know...maybe the oil thats being burnt)
Canadiens (another candian reference)
Canucks (which mean Canadian)
Senators (because its the capital of canada)
Oilers (because we are the oil cap.)

L' Etoillle Du Nord is what it reads on the Minnesota State Crest. If you look at the Bear/wildcat logo of the Wild, you will see a river (mississippi starts in Minnesota), Pine trees, and a star (the eye of the creature). yes, it is a lame name - but I LOVE the logo.

zonelistener said:
I also remember the old logo of the Colorado Rockies (now the Devils). I love the Colorado State Flag!

I admit, the Wild jerseys are way better looking than ours. I don't know who designed them, but they went too far. the logo is terrible and the foot patch has confused everyone since day one.

I think I like our third jerseys better.

bonoman said:
Flames (hmmm i dont know...maybe the oil thats being burnt)

The Flames name originated with the Atlanta Flames, they kept it when they moved the team the Calgary. So it's probably a reference to how hot it gets down there.

zonelistener said:

He didn't throw it off....now I know what you are talking about.... :lol:

Hell - if I got knocked in the head with a NHL shot - I would shake my helmet off too! Nice overinterpretation though. True over-reaction from a team that lsot....trying to find excuses for collapsing - or not taking a team seriously enough.

Can't wait for your next :rolleyes: comment. :rolleyes: isn't a very strong argument.

You know, I was trying to be nice. I don't pick on your smiley of choice.

You want to talk about strong arguments...calling the Avs "losers" or "old stodgies" isn't one. You talk about no one respecting the Wild--the Avs deserve a hell of alot more respect than your giving them. Constantly *downplaying* the Avs skill does nothing to show off your team's ability.

I can't wait to see *your* excuses for the Wild loss today. I echo Edgeman--sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. They played well and I give them credit for that last goal, but they might want to cut down on the stickwork. All that hooking, slashing, tripping...

No excuses....I will never make excuses for a team in their third season who is building from the ground up - and has seen so much success.

Avs outplayed the Wild - and they played very sloppy today. The penalty count showed that. Although I am a HUGE fan of the "Swedes" - Forseberg is CHEAP! Cheap, cheap, cheap. I am suprised the striped haven't caught onto his little crap.

Anyway.....no excuses - they were outplayed by a better team today. Humility is an important.

Now...it is time to give Roloson some respect! no? He hasn't impressed you yet? And if he hasn't, we have an equally impressive goalie siiting on the bench!

That third Avs goal was AWESOME!!!! I love when a good play is set up like that. Awesome!

zonelistener said:
No excuses....I will never make excuses for a team in their third season who is building from the ground up - and has seen so much success.

Avs outplayed the Wild - and they played very sloppy today. The penalty count showed that. Although I am a HUGE fan of the "Swedes" - Forseberg is CHEAP! Cheap, cheap, cheap. I am suprised the striped haven't caught onto his little crap.

Anyway.....no excuses - they were outplayed by a better team today. Humility is an important.

Now...it is time to give Roloson some respect! no? He hasn't impressed you yet? And if he hasn't, we have an equally impressive goalie siiting on the bench!

That third Avs goal was AWESOME!!!! I love when a good play is set up like that. Awesome!

Forsberg is cheap?? So, all the blows landing on him when he fell in the net were inflicted by...who? He gives just as good as he gets. I won't defend a dirty player (*cough Marchment cough*) but Forsberg isn't cheap. If he hits someone, they deserve it. :yes:

Yes, that third goal was amazing. Jack Skellington (aka Brian Willisie) finally steps up. :p Hinote probably deserves most of the credit though.

Hejduk is so good though. The Wild is really shutting down the AMP line, but he managed to sneak 2 through so far. I just wish the Sakic line would wake up. I'm so tired of Reinprecht's general ineffectiveness.

Last edited:
I missed watching the game today. Too nice outside. Sounds like it was a pretty good game though.

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom