NHL 2005-2006, the year Canadians and all hockey fans try to make up for a lost year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
angelordevil said:
Crosby roofed it...nice goal. But I was hoping Ryder would've gotten it...:sad:

Great goal!!! Here's hoping that Thibault can play like this for the rest of the season. I'd be nice to see the Pens win three in a row or at least not get 10 goals scored against them every night. GO PENS GO!!!

Tonight's game is so much better! Canucks are currently up 4-1 against Detriot, thanks to a Bertuzzi hat trick! This rocks!! :dance:

Man, I wish I could have been there tonight... It's a great game so far!

ThoraSEB said:
Tonight's game is so much better! Canucks are currently up 4-1 against Detriot, thanks to a Bertuzzi hat trick! This rocks!! :dance:

Man, I wish I could have been there tonight... It's a great game so far!

It's good that he's getting his confidence back. These past few years must have been very draining for him.

Achtung Joshua! said:

Great goal!!! Here's hoping that Thibault can play like this for the rest of the season. I'd be nice to see the Pens win three in a row or at least not get 10 goals scored against them every night. GO PENS GO!!!

Then you'll love tonight's game!

I was able to watch it thanks to RDS now showing only Habs AND Pens games :drool:

The Flyers played better but it went to overtime and Crosby got a bit of a breakaway. He got 2 goals and 1 assist tonight for a 3-2 win over Philadelphia. Pretty good considering Super Mario wasn't playing!

WinnieThePoo said:
bruins need to pick it up , 2 great periods and then what ????
against eric lindros
jeez

:mad:
boo

I freakin hate the Leafs (probably cause I live near Toronto and have to put up with their stupid fans every freakin year). Funny how everyone here hated Lindros but now that he's a Leaf he's the next coming. Whatever :madspit: Have to move to Ottawa or something :wink:
PS Lindros is a fart in the face away from another concussion :wink:

Achtung Joshua! said:

PS Lindros is a fart in the face away from another concussion :wink:

Lindros is my least favourite player and he's playing on my least favourite team! Oh, the joy this fills me with. :D I love how whenever the Leafs play the Habs in Montreal, the entire crowd boos when he touches the puck. The Quebecers still gotten over it...nor should they.

Lindros is an idiot, I still resent him from when he refused to play for Quebec. He and his dad thought he was hot shit. The best player from that draft was and still is Peter Forsberg. :bow:

On the other hand, look at class acts like Ovechkin and Crosby playing for crappy teams and accepting the fact that they have to be part of their rebuilding process. No bitchin and no whining. Just happy to be in the NHL.:up:

trevster2k said:
Lindros is an idiot, I still resent him from when he refused to play for Quebec. He and his dad thought he was hot shit. The best player from that draft was and still is Peter Forsberg. :bow:

On the other hand, look at class acts like Ovechkin and Crosby playing for crappy teams and accepting the fact that they have to be part of their rebuilding process. No bitchin and no whining. Just happy to be in the NHL.:up:

Right on. Lindros thought he'd be the next Gretzky, or at least his dad did. Sad how Quebec left town a few years later after the big snub...I agree with your take on the new players too...NHL is better than ever these days. I still don't have a favourite team though...I'm a free angent fan..sad:

WinnieThePoo said:
new NHL should be tougher on diving , to me NHL always was great

It was, but the neutral zone trap was sucking the life out of the play for the games in the regular season. Some of the goals are incredible this year...it's a little more wide open, imo.

I never much cared for calling penalties on dives. If a guy wants to spoil a scoring chance or take himself out of a play by diving, let him do so.

What really bothers me is that forwards are allowed to waltz into the offensive zone practically uncontested. Defensemen are so afraid that they'll be called for a penalty if they hit a guy after the puck is dumped in. As a result, they're backing up 10-20 feet from the rush and allowing guys to get good scoring chances. At some point, defensemen have to be allowed to hold their position.

WinnieThePoo said:
tell that to goalies , they have no protection at all

I love the robotic nature of this gif! Damn, his palm must hurt like hell..:happy:

animated_hockey_puck_moving.gif

The daughter of the person who I sit next to at work is the girlfriend of Oilers rookie goalie Mike Morrison. They've been together for like 8 years. So naturally, we all root for him and have become Oiler fans (the fact that the Bruins suck right now makes this easier to do).

To Oiler fans - you've got a good one on your hands, as witnessed by his first two starts. Don't let him go so easily.

Great game last night for the Canucks! 3-1 win against Chicago.

Looks like we're bouncing back from our losses, and starting to do good again.

Loved the game at Anaheim, especially when Cloutier started beating the shit out of the guy who kept running into him. Good for Cloutier! I would be pissed too if I was a goalie and players kept running into me all the time.

phanan said:
The daughter of the person who I sit next to at work is the girlfriend of Oilers rookie goalie Mike Morrison. They've been together for like 8 years. So naturally, we all root for him and have become Oiler fans (the fact that the Bruins suck right now makes this easier to do).

To Oiler fans - you've got a good one on your hands, as witnessed by his first two starts. Don't let him go so easily.

I'm glad that the Oilers are putting some confidence in Morrison. He did amazing in the pre-season and still got sent down. I hope the coaching staff continue to start him. He's 4-0.

ThoraSEB said:
I got last minute tickets to the Canucks - Avalanche game tonight. Should be interesting! Go Canucks! :)

:hyper:

Have fun at the game :)

Did you see the quote in the paper about Marc Crawford and how the team owners are 'confidant'. Mr fah and I just started laughing when we read that. We suspect the end may be near for Crawford if the team doesn't start winning.

fah said:

:hyper:

Have fun at the game :)

Did you see the quote in the paper about Marc Crawford and how the team owners are 'confidant'. Mr fah and I just started laughing when we read that. We suspect the end may be near for Crawford if the team doesn't start winning.

Thanks, I will! I'm excited! :hyper: I just hope that we win tonight. Every game that I attend, we always win, so hopefully my presence there will bring us the much needed win.

I haven't had time to read a paper in ages, but that sounds funny. The 'Nucks definitely need to start doing better, or I'm sure there will be hell to pay, both from the fans and management.

What the hell is wrong with the Habs? :tsk: In the last ten games, 3 wins and seven losses. It's all Crosby's fault. :mad:

Sharks Just got Joe Thornton!!!!!!!!

well its rumored that he got traded for primeau, sturm, and stuart....and all three are out of the lineup tonight and they are three regulars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom