NHL 2005-2006, the year Canadians and all hockey fans try to make up for a lost year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
boosterjuice said:
I came to the conclusion that Vertigo is a perfect NHL song.

YEah...something all about the spanish in it! :D

Habs and Bruins tied at the moment 1-1.

Rangers just scored on the Flyers... :(

I am finding it hard getting my ass off the couch to go for a run with Hockey on.

You know you've been deprived of hockey when you willingly listen a crappy live stream of the game over the Internet. :happy: I can't wait until I go home this weekend so that I can watch RDS! I'm very interested to see how the new rules will affect the game. Saturday will be a great game too - Habs versus the Maple Laughs. Can't wait! :hyper:

Damn it, Kovalev, start firing. :mad: He had ONE shot that entire first period.

My poor Penguins are getting slaughtered...WHY???
So much for the dream team :sad:

Oh well, at least the Habs won! Must be the vibes left from U2 playing at the Fleet Centre last night! :hyper:

HA! I love you, Michael Ryder. Always have, always will! (As long as the Leafs never decide to pick you up).

Must be the vibes left from U2 playing at the Fleet Centre last night!

Must be! Even the commentator on the radio channel I was listening in on mentioned it. I think they played Elevation twice over the arena speakers. Better than Vertigo twice, I suppose.

GibsonGirl said:
You know you've been deprived of hockey when you willingly listen a crappy live stream of the game over the Internet. :happy: I can't wait until I go home this weekend so that I can watch RDS! I'm very interested to see how the new rules will affect the game. Saturday will be a great game too - Habs versus the Maple Laughs. Can't wait! :hyper:

Damn it, Kovalev, start firing. :mad: He had ONE shot that entire first period.

You must have willed him to shoot more...Ryder got the rebound off his shot with 11 seconds left! Ryder's THE MAN...he's a great player, plus he's from here, not that I'm biased or anything:wink:

Btw, which do you prefer, hockey or cricket? I've always thought of cricket as baseball for the other side of the world, but I realize I could be completely wrong...I know nothing about it, except for the fact that the players get super elated whenever they win, score a point, etc.

angelordevil said:

You must have willed him to shoot more...Ryder got the rebound off his shot with 11 seconds left! Ryder's THE MAN...he's a great player, plus he's from here, not that I'm biased or anything:wink:

Btw, which do you prefer, hockey or cricket? I've always thought of cricket as baseball for the other side of the world, but I realize I could be completely wrong...I know nothing about it, except for the fact that the players get super elated whenever they win, score a point, etc.

I know! I nearly got a fine from the RA, I yelled that loud! It's actually kind of exciting listening to it on the radio, because you're on the edge of your seat when the commentator starts using his "excited" voice.

Ryder IS the man! I even drove all the way to Hicktown last summer to snap a shot of his sign! (I also think I saw the back of his head at the petrol station there, but I might be wroooong).

rydersign.jpg

Being a native of South Africa, I prefer rugby. Cricket is a close second. I've come to appreciate hockey a lot though, since moving to Canada in 2001. It's such an exciting game. :up: And pbbbbhhbt, never mention cricket and baseball in the same sentence ever again! :tsk: :wink:

GibsonGirl said:
HA! I love you, Michael Ryder. Always have, always will! (As long as the Leafs never decide to pick you up).

Must be! Even the commentator on the radio channel I was listening in on mentioned it. I think they played Elevation twice over the arena speakers. Better than Vertigo twice, I suppose.

And the announcer on the French channel I was watching it on too - he was complaining about the ice and blaming it on U2! :lol:

GibsonGirl said:

I know! I nearly got a fine from the RA, I yelled that loud! It's actually kind of exciting listening to it on the radio, because you're on the edge of your seat when the commentator starts using his "excited" voice.

That's hilarious!...:lol: I know too well what that "excited" voice is like! I used to be a huge Gretzky/Ranger fan a few years ago. I was so dedicated, I would listen to AM Radio broadcasts late at night, when I could actually pick up faint New York station signals if I tuned the dial ever so gently...:nerd::wink:

The fact that you're from South Africa is a great story...I'm guessing hockey is not even on the radar there? You've become a great appreciator in such a short time.

I'll have to take a nod from you and expand my sporting mind. Hockey has been the only game I've watched/played with laser-like focus.

One thing I know for sure, however, those Rugby players are the toughest bastards on the planet, from what I've seen...:mad: = rugby face. Plus, they have great-looking socks...:wink:

ladywithspinninghead said:

And the announcer on the French channel I was watching it on too - he was complaining about the ice and blaming it on U2! :lol:

Speaking of U2, anyone else notice how Streets is like the official song now for numerous NHL teams while they're taking to the ice?

angelordevil said:

Speaking of U2, anyone else notice how Streets is like the official song now for numerous NHL teams while they're taking to the ice?

Vancouver used to have this for every game in the playoffs of 2003-2004 I think.

I also noticed streets for the Toronto game.

Who liked the Toronto-Ottawa shoutout???

I loved it! It really is an exciting part of the game now.

How about my Oilers??? Great to see them in fine form (with the exception of Conklin). MAn, Horcoff really has improved his game. He was dominant out there.

boosterjuice said:

Vancouver used to have this for every game in the playoffs of 2003-2004 I think.

I also noticed streets for the Toronto game.

Yes, and when Canada was playing at the last Olympics, they ALWAYS had Streets playing when the Canadian team came out onto the ice!!

Okay, for anyone who watched the Pens game last night because they only showed clips here and I was watching the Habs - did the Pens really stink or was Brodeur really THAT good??

ladywithspinninghead said:
My poor Penguins are getting slaughtered...WHY???
So much for the dream team :sad:

Oh well, at least the Habs won! Must be the vibes left from U2 playing at the Fleet Centre last night! :hyper:

It's only the first game. The Pens shall rise again soon enough. Regardless, they actually have a team I'm proud of for the first time in around 8 years :wink: GO PENS GO !!!

The Penguins game picked up in the second and third periods. I was really hoping Crosby would get a goal... but he did really well!

That Cam Ward of the Hurricanes is freaking incredible. He'll be one to watch for sure.

ron & don are back tonight :drool: i dont really like it when the leafs play montreal. i much prefer ottawa or philly buffalo etc. its always a bit anti climatic

Yep, I have to admit I cranked the tv volume up when the theme came on! :dance:

I have a question about the Penguins. How did Lemieux make his way back onto the ice? Doesn't he own the team? I also thought he was the GM... it just seems kind of odd to me. Maybe someone could clarify things ;)

RavenBlue said:
Yep, I have to admit I cranked the tv volume up when the theme came on! :dance:

I have a question about the Penguins. How did Lemieux make his way back onto the ice? Doesn't he own the team? I also thought he was the GM... it just seems kind of odd to me. Maybe someone could clarify things ;)

Lemieux is technically known as an owner/player, a designation that's a first in pro sports, from what I've read.

After he retired in 1997, the team went into bankruptcy. He returned to the game, and helped bring the Penguins out of bankruptcy by investing his own money, even though he was still owed money from previous management.

It's also interesting to note that Wayne Gretzky, arguably the best player to lace up skates, and a good friend of Lemieux, is a coach/co-owner this season in Phoenix..

Last edited:
The Pens need some defense and the league could use less penaltys called. Almost every game I've seen so far has featured more power-plays than 5 on 5's. It's actually really frustrating to watch so far :madspit:

I'm a bit sick of the penalties too. But it has improved the offensive quality of the game a little bit. GO HABS! :rockon:

I love the Pens, and the Rangers....and the Maple Leafs..Red Wings...and erm..

I just love hockey, doesn't matter who's playing really...but I've been a Pens and Leafs fan forever :D

I've noticed a lot of Pens fans coming out of the woodwork now that they have decent team.

Last season, you'd be hard pressed to find a Pens fan anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom