NFL Thread Part Three, Take Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sat through a montage of the Pats pst seasons since the Raiders tuck rule...I cried like a baby (no Lie!!!) Ahhhh god..it was such a fun ride...bring on next year!!

MrBrau1 said:
They were in Baltimore in the mid 70's?

Shouldn't you be a Ravens fan?

Ya got that killer Ray Lewis to pull for.

Yes I have been a fan since they were in Baltimore. No I never held it against them for moving. I never understood those in Baltimore who did, and then how they became hypocritical by complaining about the Colts moving, then taking someone else's team (the Browns, who became the Ravens, the current Browns are an expansion team that was awarded later.)

Headache in a Suitcase said:

now before i go on... there is no way that a team wins 3 of 4 super bowls based on luck. no matter how many calls went the pats way over their run, anyone who believes that the pats won 3 of 4 super bowls based on luck is an absolute fucking moron and is not worth my breath and/or keystrokes. can you win one super bowl based on luck? yes... 3 of 4? no fucking way.

(snip)

and P.S... i don't want to hear patriot fans talk about how the broncos didn't win, the pats lost. that's a load of bullshit. just like in years past when the pats seemed to get every break... it wasn't fucking luck. then, the pats won because they made the plays and the other teams didn't. tonight? the broncos won because THEY made the plays and the pats didn't. i don't want to hear any "the broncost didn't win the pats lost" bullshit.

let's call a spade a spade here.

I agree. Unless there are a lot of absolutely horrendous calls by the officials, the score is determined by what happens on the field, and the events on the field are determined by the players.

Players don't just make mistakes on their own -- they make mistakes because they're competing against another team that is trying to stop them. It makes no sense to say "team A didn't win the game, team B lost it". The two events are one and the same.

And the Patriots aren't quite finished yet -- Tom Brady is only 28 years old. Most of the key players on the team are also quite young, except for the linebackers (Vrabel, Bruschi, McGinest) and Rodney Harrison (remember him?).

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:

Look at the 49ers.

They were the shit.

Now they're shit.

From shit you came and from shit you shall return. Ah, but the glory years were beautiful and still give me a rush to relive. Greatest dynasty, ever.

The reason for their fall was that owner Eddie D. was in trouble for the riverboat gambling payoff scandal with the crooked La. governer, and signed the team over to his sister until he got out of trouble to avoid losing the team. Sadly, she told him it was HER name on the paper, and would not give it back. So they don't speak, and the organization went to hell in a handbasket. And the La. governer went to jail...and the riverboat was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina...how cruel is fate, sigh.

MrBrau1 said:

Please.

I'm a Giants fan, and it was clear as day, the Pats lost that game.

We all know how much you hate everything New England.

alas, you are sorely mistaken.

i hate all things red sox.

i picked the patriots to win, all be it in a very close game. did i pick the game to be close because i hate the pats? no... i picked the game to be close because i thought denver was very good... just not good enough to beat hte pats.

and if the pats made all the plays that they normaly make, do they win? yes. but they didn't make the plays, and the broncos did.

just like the raiders didn't make hte plays... the rams didn't make the plays... the panthers didn't make th eplays... the COLTS didn't make the plays...

they were out played. they simply did not make the plays they normaly would have, and denver did. new england deserved to lose, denver deserved to win.

i think even hewson will back me up on my constant praise and respect for the patriots.

and after my consitant near ban worthy tirades against u2kitten's consistant ripping of tom brady of the pats, i would think that this would be obvious at this point.

Last edited:
Nope..Headache you were a Pats friend (stats wise that is)...actually you may be one of the most unbiased right one football fane I know.

U2Kitten said:
While I am very, very glad to be rid of the Patriots any way they can go, they really did outgain and outplay the Broncos tonight, and the Broncos were very, dare I say it, 'lucky' to win. It was almost like someone up there had decided the Pats must go, and the Broncos were supposed to win but couldn't, so destiny just kept laying gifts on the ground for them..here, take it!

the rams out gained the patriots 427 - 267 in the superbowl, so were the patiots "lucky" to win that game?

yeah they were

i have the utmost respect for the patriots... but to simply say that denver didn't win the game, the pats lost it, is just as insulting as if someone were to say that the pats didn't win the game, the raiders lost it 'cause of a bullshit call... or the pats didn't win the game, the rams just ran out of time... or the pats didn't win it, the refs blew the game for the colts... or the pats didn't win it, the colts just don't play well in the snow... or any of th eother bullshit excuses thrown the way of the patriots over the past 4 seasons.

Chizip said:

the rams out gained the patriots 427 - 267 in the superbowl, so were the patiots "lucky" to win that game?

yeah they were

Yards of total offense is a terrible statistic, as it doesn't take into consideration yards gained in the kicking game or off turnovers.

and it doesn't take into effect the very simple fact of who made the plays and who didn't

the broncos could not stop the pats.. the pats marched down the field at will. but the pats could not close the deal. they could not make hte plays to win the game, and the broncos did.

so to say the broncos didn't win the game is a bullshit cop out excuse.

the pats lost, the broncos won. game over, end of discussion.

and the NFL season is over... peyton manning can now be put up with the greatest QBs of all time... because the only way they don't win the super bowl now is if he turns out to be one of the biggest pussies in NFL history. no team can beat the colts without an absolute self combustion of indianapolis.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
and it doesn't take into effect the very simple fact of who made the plays and who didn't

Exactly. You can go up and down the field all day but if you can't score then it doesn't matter how many yards you've gained.

Not that I know anything about getting 400 + yard of offense. :wink: I think I'd pass out if that ever happened here.

I think I feel so terrible is b/c it is usually the Pats that make the plays...whatever they may be (questionable or not)...tonight there were no calls to be made...refs sucked but the Pats sucked harder

what is happeneing with me know is the fact I need to move on...don't quite know how to do that...it is hard to root for anyone else...:huh:

speedracer said:

Yards of total offense is a terrible statistic, as it doesn't take into consideration yards gained in the kicking game or off turnovers.

thats why i was refuting u2kitten who said the broncos were "lucky" to win since the pats outgained them

i threw that last line is as a joke

WildHoneyAlways said:

Exactly. You can go up and down the field all day but if you can't score then it doesn't matter how many yards you've gained.

Not that I know anything about getting 400 + yard of offense. :wink: I think I'd pass out if that ever happened here.

The Bears should just try to get as many return TDs as possible, and let the Panthers score otherwise. Chicago wants to keep its offense off the field as much as possible.

Chizip said:

thats why i was refuting u2kitten who said the broncos were "lucky" to win since the pats outgained them

i threw that last line is as a joke

Just admit it, you were only half-joking.

ljclary said:
and...what the hell am I going to do on Sunday?

root for the Bear?

tjones_panthers.jpg

I actually like the Bears...no one gives them the respect they deserve...I will say the Superbowl may be Pitt and Caro...but that is my gut and that changes hourly....who knows?

All I know now is that in no way can i go to sleep...sucks

WildHoneyAlways said:

I'm pretty sure Grossman can manage to hand the ball off. And the O-line has done a good job all season.

Hard to win handing the ball off to the same guy on every play, though. Maybe the Bears can run a wishbone or something.

But sometimes the best offense is a good defense.

Last edited:
I am going to wash my Vinateri jersey for the first time in 3 years (actally thank God) it is sad though...night y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom