NFL Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet, they’re in if they win. If Smith is back, I wouldn’t be surprised.

But they’ll probably lose...
We're actually in a fortunate situation for once, much better than most win and in teams in league history. Win and we've got an unexpected playoff spot, lose and we still manage a draft pick ranging from 9-11 despite getting that close to the playoffs.

I had 7-9 as our ceiling for this season, so I think we did OK considering.

NFL should institute a double wildcard rule where if the division winner finishes under .500 they must play the first team out of the wildcard to claim their divisional playoff berth.

I kinda like it, though there should be a similar bop on the head for teams that win a cakewalk division.

NFL should institute a double wildcard rule where if the division winner finishes under .500 they must play the first team out of the wildcard to claim their divisional playoff berth.

I kinda like it, though there should be a similar bop on the head for teams that win a cakewalk division.

You'd either have to schedule a totally empty week between the end of the regular season and the wild card round to accommodate the small possibility of one of these games happening (potentially giving every team a bye), or else force the teams that have to play in these to play 3 games in 2 weeks at the start of the playoffs.

Last edited:
You'd either have to schedule a totally empty week between the end of the regular season and the wild card round to accommodate the small possibility of one of these games happening (potentially giving every team a bye), or else force the teams that have to play in these to play 3 games in 2 weeks at the start of the playoffs.

I never understood why there wasn’t an automatic break between the regular season and the postseason.

Here’s a pragmatic solution... tell the pro bowl to go fuck itself and give every playoff team that first week off. Go put the pro bowl after the super bowl because nobody gives a fuck as is.

Well that was fun. I don’t think the Pats will even beat the Jets next week.

At least they will have paid their dues financially this year and have a ton of cap space to makes moves for next season.

I think there’s this old school mentality that you have one QB and playing another is a sign of weakness or a power struggle.

Saints are proving that stupid and I think the Dolphins less so but still, not afraid to rotate.

Yeah, it's I guess the 3rd famous time Miami has done it - Griese getting hurt and Morrall coming in and taking them to the Super Bowl, which Griese then played. Then "WoodStrock."

I'd like to see Tua with a full offseason not impacted (as much) by COVID and actual starting WRs and further removed from injury.

Fitzmagic has the Rona.
Hopefully Tua doesn't get Covid listed as a close contact or the Dolphins could be like the Broncos a few weeks back with LN7 at QB and PennyLanePHINS as backup.

The humor is that Blake Bortles was the free agency prize going into week 17.

I hope the Dolphins and other teams were wise enough to isolate quarterbacks off the field after the Broncos debacle.

Haha. I was thinking the same thing.

The Browns are still shut down as well. I have no idea who to pick for these games. Steelers are resting players, Browns missing players. I wonder if Landry will still be out?

I've been thinking the Bills might play some starters, but not for the whole game. They're pretty much locked in. Now we don't know if other Dolphins will be positive, though Gaskin already had it so he'll be in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom