NFL Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
at least somewhere indoors that isn't a bathroom would be nice. there is absolutely nowhere you can go to get out of the wind and warm up a bit (edit: there is actually one heated pub area behind one of the end zones but that's it and even that only has 3 walls). i wouldn't ever want to go to a game there in december or january weather.

Last edited:
Wow kudos to Kansas City for fighting till the end on that one. Much closer than I was hoping for.

Really curious how that can be a hell no lol

You're talking to a Packers fan, what do you think? I think we've talked about this in the MLB thread lately, as well. Baseball and football are outdoor sports. I prefer to watch them played outside. And if the Bills played in a dome, we wouldn't have got the incredibly hilarious snow game a couple years ago.

Good retractable roofs still have open air to the outside. Rainouts and snowouts in baseball are really stupid.

at least somewhere indoors that isn't a bathroom would be nice. there is absolutely nowhere you can go to get out of the wind and warm up a bit (edit: there is actually one heated pub area behind one of the end zones but that's it and even that only has 3 walls). i wouldn't ever want to go to a game there in december or january weather.

It looked windy AF there yesterday on TV.

buffalo desperately needs a dome or a retractable roofed stadium.

nah

they do relatively well on attendance, considering that buffalo is the 50th largest market in the US - but there is zero need for domed stadium in western new york unless it's 100% funded by the team, and let's be honest, that shit ain't happening.

buffalo should have been moved to toronto back when bon jovi was bidding against our big fat wet president after ralph wilson died. they still should be moved. somewhere close to toronto makes the most sense since you could still get some crossover from the current fan base.

buffalo should have been moved to toronto back when bon jovi was bidding against our big fat wet president after ralph wilson died. they still should be moved. somewhere close to toronto makes the most sense since you could still get some crossover from the current fan base.

that would be guaranteed to fail. toronto isn't at all a football town for some reason, and every time they try to bring football here attendance sucks. the bills games they played up here weren't well attended (though the ridiculously jacked-up ticket prices share some of the blame for that), same with the NCAA international bowl. hell, we have by far the largest market in the CFL and a team with 100+ years of tradition and even when they're winning and in the playoffs they can't sell out a 20,000 seat stadium. there's no way the NFL draws the kind of sustained attendance up here that it needs to be a long term success.

I am SHOCKED to report that I can't find a ticket to this weekend's Chargers / Packers game for less than $350.

My friend at work told me it was this bad when she tried to get tickets to see the Dolphins, too, though. I know it's a smaller stadium, but surely not THAT small?

My friend at work told me it was this bad when she tried to get tickets to see the Dolphins, too, though. I know it's a smaller stadium, but surely not THAT small?

Oh it is THAT small.
Capacity of 27,000
For NFL football, can you imagine? (I know its only temporary but still)
Average capacity for NFL stadia is around 70,000

That place is like 10,000 seats smaller than the smallest capacity MLB parks.

I was asked to be on call for work today. I'm devestated. The idea of seeing the Packers in such a small stadium was awesome. If I end up not getting called in I'm going to be the saltiest salt to ever salt.

I have to be to the office within half an hour if I get called and the stadium isn't actually in LA... At all.

I was asked to be on call for work today. I'm devestated. The idea of seeing the Packers in such a small stadium was awesome. If I end up not getting called in I'm going to be the saltiest salt to ever salt.

Perhaps being on call was a blessing in disguise.

That was one of those games where the coach has to tell his team, “Do that again and I’ll trade you to Cleveland” and then burn the game film.

That was one of those games where the coach has to tell his team, “Do that again and I’ll trade you to Cleveland” and then burn the game film.

Cleveland should be crossing its fingers this morning cause another week like yesterday and they can have Aaron Wroggers and Tom Brady backing up that clown they have at QB. Cause Belichick should have said the same thing on the plane ride home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom