NFL Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When someone says "shoulda taken Haskins over Danny Dimes"

tenor.gif

“Danny Dimes” was probably expected to be starter this year (similar to Blake Bortles in his rookie season) by virtue of who was in front of him.

Washington didn’t seem so... keen... on rushing Haskins. I wouldn’t assume he’s bad based upon today lol

“Danny Dimes” was probably expected to be starter this year (similar to Blake Bortles in his rookie season) by virtue of who was in front of him.

Washington didn’t seem so... keen... on rushing Haskins. I wouldn’t assume he’s bad based upon today lol

Exactly. And unlike Blake Bortles and Danny Dimes, Haskins has an in his prime Johnny Unitas blocking his path to QB1, so they're not gonna rush things.

Exactly. And unlike Blake Bortles and Danny Dimes, Haskins has an in his prime Johnny Unitas blocking his path to QB1, so they're not gonna rush things.

Do not understand your jokes.

Most QBs don’t get the starting job in their rookie year unless they’re a top pick, and even then they have to earn it.

The Giants had a franchise decision after a much-publicized coach-firing over the status of Eli. Behind Eli there was absolutely nothing. Your Dimes boy was drafted at a slot with like, twice the signing bonus and a solid 150% salary. Meanwhile, the redskins (for some reason???) stuck with two contracts on McCoy and Keenum. And regarding the Jags, it was Chad Henne in front of Blake, I believe. Chad fucking Henne.

Anyways, your boys are doing it right, IMO. I’m not justifying the Redskins decision making at all. I’m just justifying why Haskins was probably more unexpectedly flung into playing time when they wanted to take it slow. For New York, it wasn’t if, it was when. I think that makes a huge difference on the mental preparedness of a young QB.

For what it's worth, I have a friend who is an NFL scout (not an NFC team) and he was VERY high on Jones coming out. Repeatedly told me to ignore the jokes and that Jones would be the best quarterback from this class.

Haskins is a gamer with a strong arm that's willing to take a hit and seems to have a natural feel for what's going on around him. And we're going to find a way to make him into a bust.

i'm really enjoying watching the cowboys get utterly embarrassed at home as jerry jones pouts next to george w bush and ellen.

I love this rivalry. Jones just waved into the end zone. This is always my favorite game of the year.

For what it's worth, I have a friend who is an NFL scout (not an NFC team) and he was VERY high on Jones coming out. Repeatedly told me to ignore the jokes and that Jones would be the best quarterback from this class.
Yea the general consensus by non media types is that Jones is the most ready now, and most likely do develop into a franchise level QB - whereas Haskins is a project in need of 2+ years development - who may have a higher ceiling but also has a lower floor.

I have zero issues with what they've done, aside from maybe being able to trade back 2-3 spots and still draft him.

Yea the general consensus by non media types is that Jones is the most ready now, and most likely do develop into a franchise level QB - whereas Haskins is a project in need of 2+ years development - who may have a higher ceiling but also has a lower floor.

I have zero issues with what they've done, aside from maybe being able to trade back 2-3 spots and still draft him.

I think your boys could've had Jones a handful of positions back. That's not to say that they didn't try.

i'll be in attendance for the bills-eagles game in buffalo on the 27th. i've come to accept that i'm not making it back to canada.

I think your boys could've had Jones a handful of positions back. That's not to say that they didn't try.
Well we know Washington wanted him over Haskins at 15.

There's a second team that was rumored but never named. Cincinnati and Jacksonville are the only ones that made sense - and if they really thought Jacksonville was in on him, then it made sense to grab him when they did.

Yeah, they will improve on the offensive side. The release of Ben Watson, regardless of how Belichick couched it, was a move to free up some salary cap space for a trade, likely for a WR. (My money's on Manny Sanders). And it won't likely be that windy when Headache places his bet as it was last night, and hopefully Wynn is back and the OL is healthy and functioning better.

Meanwhile, the D is legit. 28 fantasy points last night.

Schedule ramps up in 2nd half, 5 game stretch of @BAL, @PHI, vs.DAL, @HOU and vs.KC will show how good they are or aren't. (Looked like a possible 6 game gauntlet during the offseason with vs CLE being the game before going to Baltimore, but that looks far less daunting now).

I also have a hard time thinking the patriots defense is as good as it is lucky to start the season. Many of these touchdowns seem pretty avoidable if not self-caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom