NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brutal but Sean Payton is an idiot for not running 3 times. He gift wrapped 45 seconds and an extra timeout for the Rams.

I thought it was a no call live, and the Saints receiver involved didn't complain.

Clearly on replay there was a penalty... But you can't review it. Payton made bad decisions down the stretch, and the Saints got.the ball first in OT and Brees threw a duck.

Bad call, yes. Saints still had their chances despite it.

And before anyone says it, yes, obviously if that happened to the Giants I'd be livid. But it didn't. It happened in a game where I didn't give a turkey who won.

Disappointing, and I'm sure that missed call will be all anyone talks about regarding the game, buuuttt... eh, it happens. If a game hinges on one bad call (or lack thereof), then who's to really say which is the better team? Sure, as someone living in bayou country this f'n sucks omg dear jesus how could they miss that call i hate everything, buuuttt... eh, it happens.

Horrible performance by Mahomes in overtime. It’s like he didn’t even do anything at all.

I love the NFL’s overtime rules so much that I think the NBA should adopt them. Whoever wins the tip off can win the game if they score a basket!

I love the NFL’s overtime rules so much that I think the NBA should adopt them. Whoever wins the tip off can win the game if they score a basket!

Yeah playoffs OT needs to be full length 15 minutes no sudden death, switch to college style thereafter.

Yeah playoffs OT needs to be full length 15 minutes no sudden death, switch to college style thereafter.

For the most part, I’m not a fan of college football but they absolutely have the overtime rules correct and the NFL should adopt them immediately. I’ve seen the Packers lose 2 playoff games in overtime in the last 4 years and Rodgers didn’t touch the ball in either overtime.

In the court of public opinion yesterday, the NFL lost. Like an article I read earlier this year (can’t remember who it was by at the moment), the bad officiating is a worse threat to the league than the whole anthem kneeling.

I have no issues with the OT rule as is.

If the Pats had merely kicked a field goal, than the Chiefs have one opportunity to score as well, correct?

I don't think there's anything wrong with this setup. It's not merely about your team being able to score. If your defense can't prevent the other team from scoring an immediate touchdown, that's grounds for a loss IMO. One side of your team shouldn't be more valued than the other.

Any overtime that doesn’t involve both teams having a chance on offense is unacceptable.

Not saying the NFL needs to completely copy College rules, but that seems like the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom