NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, I watched most of the second half and I was thoroughly entertained by that game.

That last play of the game was a huge disappointment, though.

Couldn't gain anything on the unstoppable (unless remotely competent teams are involved) Skins juggernaut though.

I am finally on board the fire McCarthy train. I have been for a few weeks now. It took me longer than most to get to this point, but I'm happy to be here.

I am finally on board the fire McCarthy train. I have been for a few weeks now. It took me longer than most to get to this point, but I'm happy to be here.

If Aaron Wroggers retires with only the one title(and it looks vey likely that will be the case), it will be a complete failure of the Packers organization including McCarthy, though he certainly doesn't take all of the blame.

I recall having an argument with Packers fans in here after the 2014 NFC Championship game because I called for McCarthy to be fired. He's been wasting the talent on that team with his garbage play calling and bad situational decision making for years now.

It was both places, honestly, iirc. I was adament it wasn't McCarthy's fault, and I believe Mikal was as well. Part of me is still stubbornly sticking to my guns on it. Another part of me sees that as a clear turning point where his decline began and I just wasn't ready to see it.

Yeah, I was one of them that believed that the 2014 Seattle game wasn't McCarthy's fault, but more a line of just crazy plays (and in hindsight, yes some of McCarthy's decisions) that all fell perfectly into Seattle's hands. The game was played well and we should have won.

With that said, the unimaginative offense, stubbornness to hold onto shitty coordinators, and complete lack of ability to manage time outs and in game situations has become glaring enough for me to call for his head. I think he's a good coach but has definitely declined over the last few years. Could be that he's not putting as much time in as he used to. And he's a good guy. My nephew and his daughter are in the same 4th grade class and I have many stories about how great of a father he is, but that ultimately doesn't matter. His football team is undisciplined and there's no excuse to have a losing record with the talent he has on both sides of the ball..,.including one of the best QB's to ever play the game.

Redhill was one of the greats at flaming hot takes:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f304/morrissey-a-live-nod-to-u2-at-glastonbury-211098.html

There are like 15 embedded in this thread alone, including the internet being located in America.

wow i just went back to read that entire thread. somewhere amidst the screams of thousands of my brain cells dying in agony every time i read one of his posts, i was reminded how much i definitely do not miss redhill whining clown.

yeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom