NFL Superbowl thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah...you can catch the ball in practice but under pressure....forget it!

ImgDyn.cfm

Got Philk? said:
But really though guys, Tom Brady couldn't have used a guy like Deon Branch right?

They could have, but the Patriots offense really did okay overall against Indy.

Of course, since the Pats have two first-round picks in the upcoming draft, they could trade up and snag Calvin Johnson. (It's more likely and probably better in the long term if they just take a LB and a DB though.)

Got Philk? said:
But really though guys, Tom Brady couldn't have used a guy like Deon Branch right?

well it's not like deon branch lit it up for seattle this year... but i do think new england's constant cutting of guys to stay below the salary cap finally caught up to them this season. a little more depth and i believe they're off to miami.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

well it's not like deon branch lit it up for seattle this year... but i do think new england's constant cutting of guys to stay below the salary cap finally caught up to them this season. a little more depth and i believe they're off to miami.

Now there is word that Bruschi may retire.

He has been an amazing story!!!

Seattle's season to me was a lost cause. There was no way that team would ever be able to come together. If Hasslebeck wasn't injured, Jackson or Alexander was. And didn't Branch join them after the start of the season?

This team is the team I'm worried about for next year already. Give them time to develop together, their cornerbacks all get back on the field. They could be very good.

Nice super bowl talk by me. You know what, if the Colts win, I'll still be happy for Dungy and Marvin Harrison. I do love Harrison. And I saw Dallas Clark play college football at Iowa.

Got Philk? said:

I felt the same way with the Bears vs. the Saints. You could really tell who they wanted in the Superbowl.

I couldn't stand how many times they were said, "This is a little different than last week, when the Saints just played great against the Eagles." or "Deuce McAllister is having trouble, but he did great last week against the Eagles!" Just kill me.

zoney! said:

Now there is word that Bruschi may retire.

He has been an amazing story!!!

I have so much respect for Tedy both as a player and as a person, but I think that he should hang it up or accept a more limited role - as in the role Roman Phifer played on the 2001 team where he's helping the younger guys a lot. He wasn't the rock of the defense this season. He'd always seem to come up with a huge stop, fumble, or int, but not much of that went on this season. He certainly didn't make himself known in yesterday's game. I'd love for me to be wrong and have him come back to a stellar level next season, but he'll be 34 and age appears to be catching up with him.

U2 football connection, my brother said they played "Beautiful Day" in the dome while the stand was being set up for the presentation of the AFC trophy.

speedracer said:

They could have, but the Patriots offense really did okay overall against Indy.

Of course, since the Pats have two first-round picks in the upcoming draft, they could trade up and snag Calvin Johnson. (It's more likely and probably better in the long term if they just take a LB and a DB though.)

No matter how good Calvin Johnson is I'd be weary of taking a receiver that high. It seems like a lot of them don't live up to potential or are just nutjobs. Like you said, get some LBs and some DBs and consider paying Asante Samuel something close to what he wants - I don't want Ray Mickens to be the number one DB next season.

U2Kitten said:
U2 football connection, my brother said they played "Beautiful Day" in the dome while the stand was being set up for the presentation of the AFC trophy.

Heh.

Of course, the Patriots have been playing U2 music at Foxboro for years -- I recall them playing a live version of "Walk On" after a big playoff win a while back. I remember there was a thread a while back where somebody said the U2 PA person was a huge fan.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

Would they really have been any better this year with Branch, Givens, McGinest, and Vinatieri, who were the four major people they lost this past year? I don't believe so. They went 12-4 and were this close to getting to the Super Bowl - I really don't think it would have made any difference.

One could argue that Branch makes that catch that Caldwell dropped, but I don't believe that one play defines the entire season, and at this point, I'll take that extra first round pick over Branch.

U2Kitten said:

They've been playing it after every home game this year! :up:

zoney! said:

They've been playing it after every home game this year! :up:

I didn't know that, cool! How do you know? Do you live there and go to the games? If you do why didn't you tell us about it?

U2Kitten said:

I didn't know that, cool! How do you know? Do you live there and go to the games? If you do why didn't you tell us about it?

I got to two games this year (the Bills game and the Eagles slaughter...in the Colts suite). I did mention that i was at the games.

And, I could not possibly mention every U2 song I hear walking through my life. :shrug:

Oh I must have missed when you said you were at the games. I didn't know you went. That's cool.

My brother and his buddies go to at least one a year, I have gone a couple of times, in '94. '95 and '98. We went to training camp in '93.. This is a feat since we live in VA. This time the buddies and I were too poor to go but he got scalped tickets and went without us. He had fun with a lot of Colts fans he'd never met before. It was good he got to go, they won, and it's a game that's going to go down as one for the ages so it's awesome he can say he was there.

I can't wait to see what NFL films does with it and how it is remembered in history.

I thought before this weekend that the AFC Championship would be the game of the playoffs, and so far all signs point to me being right. :sigh:

Why is it never the Superbowl (hi Headache) that's the best one?

Because they get 2 weeks off and they gameplan the shit out of things and at least one team seems to get rusty. That's my feeling, at least, I'm sure there are other reasons I'm leaving out. At least the Rams/Titans SB was a good one.....something tells me this one will at least be close.

Chizip said:
Would Rex Grossman be the worst QB to ever win a Superbowl?

Dilfer and Hostetler are the 2 worst, IMO...Hostetler went on to become a decent QB, but at the time, his job was not to toss INTs. I'll always remember him getting his hand slapped but not fumbling the ball, though.

Dilfer was more consistent though. You knew what you'd get with him, a decent game in which he'd give his team a chance to win.

Grossman can be better than Dilfer, but he also has games that are much worse. I think I'd rather have the guy with the consistency.

Chizip said:
Dilfer was more consistent though. You knew what you'd get with him, a decent game in which he'd give his team a chance to win.

Grossman can be better than Dilfer, but he also has games that are much worse. I think I'd rather have the guy with the consistency.

Agreed...but, Grossman has not won a SB yet....so, for now, it's Dilfer as the worst QB to win one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom