NFL Season 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A three-part Haiku honoring Speed Racer due to a lost interference bet:

It's true that I hate
Every New England sports fan
Except Speedracer

Why is he exempt?
Cos he's so charismatic
and clever to boot

He really loves stats
but hates skating announcers
Go Speedracer. Go.

Vince Wilfork approves of this haiku.

010407-vince-wilfork.JPG

i hope LT goes to the Vikings and Favre comes back. can't wait to see it blow up in their faces when the Packers win the division.

have your laughs. yes, the Vikings won the division last year. but it was worth it the way their season ended. :lol:

i'm actually thinking about starting this poll:

How will the Packers season end this year?

A. Win The Superbowl by 1 TD

B. Win The Superbowl by 2 TD's

C. Win The Superbowl by 3 TD's

if i start a new thread, will you all contribute?

lulz. now i know why some guys in the MLB thread call me a cocky a-hole when i ask if the yankees have won the world series yet...

lulz. now i know why some guys in the MLB thread call me a cocky a-hole when i ask if the yankees have won the world series yet...

:wink: it's tough for me to be modest. there's a lot of excitement in Titletown. the general thought is that this may be the year, now that this young team got some playoff experience. they have some young O-linemen that are ready to step up. and the thought of Rodgers getting any better is scary.

RIP Merlin Olsen.

Merlin Olsen, Pro Football Hall of Fame lineman, dies at 69 - ESPN Los Angeles

Hall of Fame lineman Olsen dies

Merlin Olsen, a Pro Football Hall of Fame defensive lineman who was part of the Los Angeles Rams' famed "Fearsome Foursome" of the 1960s, has died after a lengthy battle with cancer. He was 69.

Olsen, who was diagnosed with mesothelioma last year and had been undergoing chemotherapy, died Wednesday night, Utah State assistant athletic media relations director Zach Fisher said.

A Utah native, Olsen attended Utah State and, in his senior year with the Aggies, won the Outland Trophy as the nation's top interior defensive lineman.

Olsen was selected to 14 Pro Bowls and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1982. A first-round draft pick of the Rams in 1962, he remains the franchise's all-time leader in career tackles with 915.

Following his retirement from the game, Olsen flourished as a television actor, appearing regularly on "Little House on the Prairie" in the 1970s before starring in his own series, "Father Murphy," from 1981-83.

Olsen was part of the Rams' defensive line famously known as the "Fearsome Foursome" along with Roosevelt Grier, Deacon Jones and Lamar Lundy. Jones also is a member of the Hall of Fame. The line set an NFL record for the fewest yards allowed during a 14-game season in 1968.

I still have on VHS a copy of the AFC Championship Game back in 1986 when the Patriots went down to the Orange Bowl and shocked the Dolphins. Enberg/Olsen called that game and were fantastic.

RIP.

so let me get this straight...

the jets refused to give thomas jones, who at this point in their careers is a superior running back than ladanian tomlinson, not to mention a tough SOB and one of the leaders in that locker room, 5 million over 2... but they give it to the fugazi LT, who's been shot for about 3 years now?

baffling.

Back
Top Bottom