NFL Season 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And speaking of the refs, let's give credit where credit is due. They called a sound game last night.

We were remarking at the end of the 3rd quarter how brisk and clean a game it had been, to that point no turnovers, no challenges, only 3 or 4 penalties.
Refs didn's make themselves a part of the game or its outcome unlike say SB 40.

yep. personally, i was ok with the block in the back not being called. it's not like Manning was even trying to make a tackle. but rules are rules, i guess.

Will the Indianapolis Colts' Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne receive the same ridicule that LeBron James received http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/01/AR2009060102949.html after he failed to shake hands with the Orlando Magic after losing in the Eastern Conference finals?

Manning and Wayne, writes Mike Chappell on IndyStar.com, went straight to the locker room instead of sticking around on the field afterward to offer post-game handshakes to the Saints. Manning and Wayne, just like James, were too disappointed to shake hands at the time. But James was hammered by the media for walking off.

It looks like Manning and Wayne will get a free pass.

Will the Indianapolis Colts' Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne receive the same ridicule that LeBron James received after he failed to shake hands with the Orlando Magic after losing in the Eastern Conference finals?

Manning and Wayne, writes Mike Chappell on IndyStar.com, went straight to the locker room instead of sticking around on the field afterward to offer post-game handshakes to the Saints. Manning and Wayne, just like James, were too disappointed to shake hands at the time. But James was hammered by the media for walking off.

It looks like Manning and Wayne will get a free pass.

i guess i don't think it's that big of a deal. if it was a tennis match, then yeah, i'd say it's poor sportsmanship, but a lot of players go straight to the locker room after NFL games, whether it's Preseason or the Super Bowl.

And speaking of the refs, let's give credit where credit is due. They called a sound game last night.

Fortunately there weren't any incidents where there would have been a kerfluffle about about a QB hit (both Manning and Brees tend to be pretty good about not holding onto the ball too long).

More striking was the fact that very few (any?) fouls were called on DBs trying to play defense on the receivers -- these fouls have had a much bigger impact on the game than the rules about hitting QBs, I believe.

But James was hammered by the media for walking off.

Lebron was hammered by the media for like 3 days and then everyone completely forgot about it. That wasn't a big deal, and this won't be either. In the grand scheme.

I've always felt like you should just let someone celebrate their moment then. I actually prefer people walking off after a championship victory. Just let them go. I'm sure Manning congratulated them and complimented them in his postgame press conference.

Difference between LeBron and Manning though is that Lebron said he didn't want to shake hands with a 'loser' as he's a 'competitor'

Having said that, hopefully we can now put an end to the ridiculous "Manning will be the best ever if he wins a second title" BS.

Ummm, hello, Joe Montana anyone ? Tom Brady with 3 ? Bradshaw with 3 ? Elway ? Manning is a .500 Playoff QB.

i remember having an argument here a few years back about how stupid the giants trade for eli manning was turning out because eli sucked and the chargers got philip rivers AND shawne merriman.

hmm... eli manning? super bowl champion & mvp... drew brees? super bowl champion & mvp

philip rivers? he's got jack shit.

secondly...

the pats spent their attempt at a perfect season running up the score on teams by needlessly running up the score in many games.

the colts throw their perfect season away in order to rest for the playoffs, and end up with guys hurt anyways.

don't upset the football gods... that karma, she's a bitch.

Some cliches are as true today as the day they were coined

PumpkinDEMOTIVATIONAL.jpg

nice pics. nah, rice doesn't look pissed. he just knows he's bad ass

how did you get the tickets? and how much did the stadium explode on that pick-6?

makes me more determined to go to dallas next year.

Ummm, hello, Joe Montana anyone ? Tom Brady with 3 ? Bradshaw with 3 ? Elway ? Manning is a .500 Playoff QB.

Brady has 2
Elway has 2

Manning, while probably not the greatest of all time, is still pretty good. Though i admit the other night he had nervous feet more than i had ever seen from him before.

The Saints....i could give a fuck about them really....Congrads i suppose but its hard to root for a team with Reggie Bush, Jeremy Shockey, and Chase Daniels.

I still don't see how winning the super bowl suddenly fixes all of the problems in New Orleans and brings all of the Katrina victims back to life, etc. But still...i suppose they deserve the win after all they had been through. Though i don't think i can tolerate another season of hearing dumbass redneck hicks yelling "WHO DAT" repeatedly between their two or three teeth. I hope the Saints go 8-8 next year and miss the playoffs entirely. :sexywink:

I can't believe Garrison forgot Brady's third ring. They beat Philly, you probably loved it! Maybe he blacked out in all the excitement.

Having said that, hopefully we can now put an end to the ridiculous "Manning will be the best ever if he wins a second title" BS.

Yes, because Super Bowls are won by quarterbacks alone. Joe Montana had no help from Bill Walsh, Lott, Rice and other Hall of Famers those teams. Tom Brady had no defensive or special teams help. Bradshaw didn't have any defensive help either and no offensive weapons. Same could be said of Elway, Staubach or any multiple Super Bowl winners.

Do you know what Peyton Manning averages in playoff games? Almost 287 yards and 1.5 touchdowns a game. His QB rating is 87.6.

What about Brady? 228 yards per game and 1.5 touchdowns a game. His QB rating is 85.5

Montana? 251 yards per game and almost 2 touchdowns per game. His QB rating is 95.6.

Elway? Almost 227 yards per game and 1.2 touchdowns per game. His QB rating is 79.7.

Peyton isn't in their class at all...

*All numbers from ProFootballReference

the entire colts franchise is a bunch of sissy mary pansy fannies who still wouldn't have a super bowl ring if Reche Caldwell and his gigantic eyeballs could catch a pass.

as for peyton? all the stats in the world don't mean shit. one of the greatest statistical QBs of all time? sure... he is, there's no doubt. but just like brett fav-ruh, his performances when the games matter most simply do not measure up to the likes of montana, brady, and staubach.

to be considered amongst the greatest of the great, when you're a QB, it's not about yards, it's not about TD's... it's about championships. the stats get you to the level of great... but the best of all time? it's all about winning. nothing else matters.

that's why marino? peyton? favre? great QBs... but they're not at the top of the pyramid.

when it's all said and done dan marino, peyton manning and brett favre have fewer rings than ben rothelisberger and the same number of rings as eli manning and drew brees.

and in this sport, that's the only stat the counts.

i will repeat what was said earlier... peyton manning is a .500 playoff quarterback. you can have your QB ratings. i'll take the W's.

I can't believe Garrison forgot Brady's third ring. They beat Philly, you probably loved it! Maybe he blacked out in all the excitement.

oh shit, no actually i forgot Carolina :doh:

Rams
Panthers
Iggles
Giants

Thing is, all were pretty good games if memory serves me right.

now lets see if i can remember who performed at halftime:

u2
janet jackson (.)@
no clue
Prince?

Back
Top Bottom