NFL, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Cowboys realize that if they lose, they're out of the playoffs, right?

The Cowboys realize that if they lose, they're out of the playoffs, right?

I was wondering the same thing.

Watching them crap the bed today pleases me, I can't pretend otherwise.

Meanwhile, since I hate the Pats, Jets and Dolphins, I'm not at all sure of what to be rooting for here. I hate the Pats most, I guess, so go Fish?

I can't believe I'm rooting for Favre, but Jacksonville doesn't look like they're going to beat Baltimore to help the Pats.

And up yours, NSW.

It's funnier to me to think they know that and they're getting shitcanned anyway.

It's quite possible that they're throwing the game in order to get Wade Phillips fired, now that I think about it.

It's quite possible that they're throwing the game in order to get Wade Phillips fired, now that I think about it.

i actually thought this too, somewhere in the middle of the second quarter.

I still think Jerry Jones should fire the entire coaching staff, with the exception of maybe Jason Garrett. Then he should fire himself, sell the team to someone who will keep their nose out of football operations and let a real GM manage the team and hire good quality coaches like Bill Cowher, Brian Billick etc.

Its quite possible that injuries were the Cowboys undoing, and that they never quite recovered. Also look at some of the recent acquisitions, Pac Man, WR Roy Williams, both busts. For a team with this much talent there is no excuse for such back to back awful performances.

If there is any justice in the world the NFC Championship will be between Atlanta and Carolina. And the winner will lose to the Colts in the SB :)

And congrats to Detroit for a perfect season. :reject:

The one game the Redskins' offense isn't total shit, our top 5 defense lays an egg. Unbelievable.

On the plus side, the Lions made history, and the Eagles knocking the Cowboys out of playoff contention was a thing of beauty, so today wasn't all bad.

I'm more pleased that Dallas lost than I am that Philly won.

I just cannot get all that excited about this team. It feels like a vast underachievement to have snuck in the playoffs like this. I don't think they can hold it together for more than maybe one win.

I still think Jerry Jones should fire the entire coaching staff, with the exception of maybe Jason Garrett. Then he should fire himself, sell the team to someone who will keep their nose out of football operations and let a real GM manage the team and hire good quality coaches like Bill Cowher, Brian Billick etc.

Agreed.

It's either feast or famine with the Eagles. Considering Andy Reid is on the payroll, you can safely bet that it'll be famine for everyone on the team but him.

I'm more pleased that Dallas lost than I am that Philly won.

I just cannot get all that excited about this team. It feels like a vast underachievement to have snuck in the playoffs like this. I don't think they can hold it together for more than maybe one win.

i hope minnesota kills them, however Philly is extremely hot right now so i predict they beat the Vikings.

If Norv Turner gets shut out of the playoffs tonight, I will officially proclaim this a great day for the NFL.

I'm obviously biased here, but the Pats still seem more talented than half the teams that did make the playoffs.

And while I'm excited that the Eagles eliminated the Cowboys, that team is going nowhere, especially with that coach. The grim reaper has them on his list, and whether it's in week one or week two doesn't really matter.

Dunno about that. As currently constituted, I'd take the Patriots on a neutral field over Arizona, Minnesota, the AFC West winner, and Miami. That's about it.

Dammit.

Oh well, the Norvitis Sufferers of America can just find a way to fail in the wildcard instead.

Back
Top Bottom