NFL, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Textbook display of pussy tackling on those 2 runs by Baltimore last night. Screw Dallas, I hope the Eagles beat them by about 50 next week, seriously.

For some reason, Arizona is not good at playing in poor weather on the East Coast.

Hoo boy. Am I glad I didn't stay up to watch that crap.

i did the only responsible thing i could after watching that debacle....i went out and got trashed. :beer:

Yes i turned down invitations to two different Christmas parties last night so i could stay home and watch that crap. And yes i pay extra for the worthless NFL Network just so i can watch this game (last year it was Green Bay in Dallas, good game). I feel like cancelling this stupid package, probably will tomorrow. Color me bitter. I realize there is still one game left and Dallas could potentially get in as a 6th seed...but i dont give a shit right now. Wade Phillips pack your bags....Jerry Jones better be calling up Bill Cowher and making an offer.

:|

Steelers made a lot of mental errors today, and were plain old outplayed.....now next week's game against Cleveland is 100% irrelevant. Steeler O-line continues to be their biggest weakness. Ben has to better protect the ball, but still. We need Smith and Simmons back for 09.

My picks are fucking terrible this week, and the Redskins were officially eliminated with that Falcons win, but I've got to say, that win over the Eagles felt AWESOME. I know Pfan will automatically jump to McNabb bashing, but their receivers were an absolute joke today. Beyond the breaks we received from that, I felt the defense played very, very well, with some of the best tackling I've seen from us in ages. The offense is shit, obviously, but I'm too excited that we may just cap this season off the right way to provide objective criticism at the moment.

I know Pfan will automatically jump to McNabb bashing, but their receivers were an absolute joke today.

Pass attempts: 46
Run plays: 16

That is three pass plays for every one run play when you've got BRIAN FUCKING WESTBROOK in your backfield.

This game is (mostly) on Andy Reid. If I exhibited decision-making skills like that at my job on such a consistent basis, I would have been shown the door before the first year was up.

Oh, and fuck you too, Desean Jackson.

That is all.

Oh, and fuck you too, Desean Jackson.

That is all.

You should throw an FU to Assante Samuel too.
Dropped an easy uncontested int...very reminiscent of the last time I saw him play in person...at least it only cost the Iggles a playoff spot, last year he cost the Pats a 19-0 championship season with almost the exact same play.

My picks are fucking terrible this week, and the Redskins were officially eliminated with that Falcons win, but I've got to say, that win over the Eagles felt AWESOME. I know Pfan will automatically jump to McNabb bashing, but their receivers were an absolute joke today. Beyond the breaks we received from that, I felt the defense played very, very well, with some of the best tackling I've seen from us in ages. The offense is shit, obviously, but I'm too excited that we may just cap this season off the right way to provide objective criticism at the moment.

No, I'm entirely blaming every bad thing that happens on Andy Reid, not McNabb.

Color me indifferent, though. I really stopped caring around week ten or eleven.

You should throw an FU to Assante Samuel too.
Dropped an easy uncontested int...very reminiscent of the last time I saw him play in person...at least it only cost the Iggles a playoff spot, last year he cost the Pats a 19-0 championship season with almost the exact same play.

Samuel has dropped multiple important interceptions this season. I was not surprised at all.

Quintin Mikell dropped a pick twice on the same play, as well.

The Eagles are unable to catch the ball, on either side of the ball.

capt.2d12dad3ec2f4e3ea095d867fda00bd9.panthers_giants_football_eru110.jpg

I had a feeling as soon as the Pats had the game in hand that this was coming.

Oh well.

Oof.

My Jets division championship bet got boned pretty hard, so I will probably have to hedge on the Patriots now. At least now I won't have conflicting fan and financial motives.

At least you still picked the Dolphins way back when...

The Jets are awful. I know they are home next week, but it's gonna be tough for them to beat Miami. Hopefully Favre can pull out one more good game.

Welp, the NFL in its infinite wisdom decided to flip MIA-NYJ and JAX-BAL over to 4 pm. After the Patriots win their 1pm game and the Baltimore goes up 37-0 over Jacksonville at half, the Jets will surely roll over and die in an effort to get Mangenius canned.

Sigh.

Thats such BS, either leave all 3 games at 1PM or flip alll 3 to 4.

Of course if the Pats lose the silver lining is at least we don't have to root for Mangenius and Brett.

Colossal boner by Denver yesterday, now the Supechargers have a chance to avenge the Hochuli call. No way Denver wins next week in SD.

Wow, we did not deserve to win that game. And we probably don't deserve to be in the playoff hunt at this point but, fuck it, we got the breaks and the bounces and we're still alive. Things get interesting now. Headache, I need your Giants to beat the Vikings this Sunday. And we have to squeak another ugly win over the Texans and everything will be right in the football universe.

Wow, we did not deserve to win that game. And we probably don't deserve to be in the playoff hunt at this point but, fuck it, we got the breaks and the bounces and we're still alive. Things get interesting now. Headache, I need your Giants to beat the Vikings this Sunday. And we have to squeak another ugly win over the Texans and everything will be right in the football universe.

There's something to be said, though, about winning ugly and persevering. Congrats on the win, good luck next week.

Cowboys or Bucs, who gets the second wildcard spot?

Scenarios:

Bucs win, Cowboys lose - Bucs get the wildcard
Cowboys win, Bucs lose - Cowboys get the wildcard
Bucs win, Cowboys win, but Bucs win by 6 or more points than the Cowboys - Bucs get the wildcard
Bucs win, Cowboys win, but Bucs win by 5 or less points than the Cowboys - Cowboys get the wildcard
Bucs lose, Cowboys lose - Eagles get the wildcard

I think the Bucs have the better chance right now, considering they're playing the Raiders.

Cowboys or Bucs, who gets the second wildcard spot?

Scenarios:

Bucs win, Cowboys lose - Bucs get the wildcard
Cowboys win, Bucs lose - Cowboys get the wildcard
Bucs win, Cowboys win, but Bucs win by 6 or more points than the Cowboys - Bucs get the wildcard
Bucs win, Cowboys win, but Bucs win by 5 or less points than the Cowboys - Cowboys get the wildcard
Bucs lose, Cowboys lose - Eagles get the wildcard

I think the Bucs have the better chance right now, considering they're playing the Raiders.

Ummmm

Bucs lose, Cowboys lose, Vikings win, Bears win = Bears wild card

Back
Top Bottom