NFL Draft Thread, pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveC said:

Suspending someone from work when they're likely to be in jail doesn't seem to have much point...?

Keeping someone on who's a creep like this doesn't seem to have much of a point either? I mean, how can anyone on his team respect him anymore? Forget chemistry. Forget focus. He's finished.

My point was that if he's in jail, he's not playing regardless. What's an official suspension from Doc Goodell (and I'm talking when/if he's found guilty, not now) going to do that incarceration isn't?

ETA: I'm secretly a little giddy inside that an NFC East rival is losing their #1 quarterback. Am I a Bad Person?

phillyfan26 said:
I was saying they should suspend him now. NFL or Blank.
Suspension while he's not yet proven guilty could cause serious ramifications with Gene Upshaw and co. later. I have a better solution:
Put Vick on the PUP list.

I have 3 favorite quarterbacks. Mcnabb, Warner (well when he was with the rams) and Vick.

What I found from watching sportscenter for the last week made me very disgusted about Vick and how the NFL is handling this. After also watching on sportscenter on how he killed the losing dogs was absolutely horrible.

HE FUCKING THROUGH A DOG DOWN ON THE CEMENT UNTIL THE DOG CRACK ITS HEAD AND DIED. And arthur blank is only thinking of a 4 game suspension and that doesnt include practices??? WTF?! He killed not one, but over 9 dogs!!!!!

And what pisses me off even more is how the NFL is going through with this. People are saying he's innocent to proven guilty?? THEY FOUND DOG FIGHTING ITEMS AND 9 DEAD DOGS!

suspending him i don't think is enough, and if it is suspension id give it over a year.

tpsreports2424 said:
I have 3 favorite quarterbacks. Mcnabb, Warner (well when he was with the rams) and Vick.

What I found from watching sportscenter for the last week made me very disgusted about Vick and how the NFL is handling this. After also watching on sportscenter on how he killed the losing dogs was absolutely horrible.

HE FUCKING THROUGH A DOG DOWN ON THE CEMENT UNTIL THE DOG CRACK ITS HEAD AND DIED. And arthur blank is only thinking of a 4 game suspension and that doesnt include practices??? WTF?! He killed not one, but over 9 dogs!!!!!

And what pisses me off even more is how the NFL is going through with this. People are saying he's innocent to proven guilty?? THEY FOUND DOG FIGHTING ITEMS AND 9 DEAD DOGS!

suspending him i don't think is enough, and if it is suspension id give it over a year.

Well, he IS innocent until proven guilty, his story I believe is that his cousin that was living there was the one involved in the dog fighting. It doesn't matter what his story is actually. If he pleads "not guilty," then there's a trial. It may be obvious what the truth is, but it's not on the books till the verdict.

They could just release him if they wanted to avoid that. That's what I'd do. He can't come back from this.

Hewson said:
Suspension while he's not yet proven guilty could cause serious ramifications with Gene Upshaw and co. later. I have a better solution:
Put Vick on the PUP list.

Yeah, I've thought better of this. That was my gut reaction, but realistically it wouldn't work without the conviction.

At this point, just release him. There's no way there can be an ounce of chemistry between him and his teammates. They know he's a creep.

phillyfan26 said:

Yeah, I've thought better of this. That was my gut reaction, but realistically it wouldn't work without the conviction.

Methinks you missed the joke young padouin, the PUP list! Get it? PUP list!

Roger Goodell has taken it out of Arthur Blank's hands. When he said to hold any action until his investigation was completed, it wasn't a request.

No 4 game suspensions, no releases.

The NFL doesn't have to wait for due process to suspend Vick. All they have to have is have enough concrete evidence to show to Upshaw & the Player's Union that Vick's behavior was detrimental to the league.

A suspension is coming; anywhere from a year to indefinitely.

Goodell is just getting the woodshed ready.

or should I say, doghouse...

WildHoneyAlways said:

I don't believe Pac Man Jones has any convictions (as of today at least) and he was suspended for the entire season.
Damn you people, that sentence was just the set up line for my PUP list joke.:wink:

I wish U2kitten was around, because she'd defend Vick and tell a story about how her husband ran a dog fighting ring for 3 years until one of the dogs bit his privates off.

Pacman Jones signed with pro wrestling organization, TNA. So, now he'll have something do during his suspension. And yes, the Titans have no problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom