NFL Draft Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the Smellcos will probably sign Jeff Garcia who was not resigned by the Smellgles.

In other news Fred Taylor signed an extension with the Smellguars, Fred Smoot and Jermaine Wiggins were cut by the Smellkings (I really like that one), and Bryant Young is coming back to the Smellyniners.

The Smellts (thats short for Smelltriots ;) ) likely will look to add linebacker help...making a likely unsuccessful run at Adaleus Thomas (he'll get more money from the Smellyniners) and maybe drafting a LB. They will need a running back if they do release Smelly Dillon or if he chooses to retire. Some added Smell Receiver help should be a priority as well.

What about the Smellants? What are they looking to do to help Smell-Li Manning and coach Smellghlin?

Hewson said:
The Smellts (thats short for Smelltriots ;) ) likely will look to add linebacker help...making a likely unsuccessful run at Adaleus Thomas (he'll get more money from the Smellyniners) and maybe drafting a LB. They will need a running back if they do release Smelly Dillon or if he chooses to retire. Some added Smell Receiver help should be a priority as well.

What about the Smellants? What are they looking to do to help Smell-Li Manning and coach Smellghlin?

one would hope they get some smellfensive backsmield help, as well as an answer at smelling back, be it jacobs or someone from the outside.

but when it comes down to it, they need smeli to take the next step.

phanan said:
I'm thinking if Thomas is too much for the Patriots (oops, sorry - Smelltriots),

No, it's Smatriots! (my little brother and I made that up when we were kids too, back in the Steve Grogan days)

Other stupid names we used

Broncos= Smellways (for Elway)
Raiders= Smaiders

and these were not even meant to be offensive

Rams= Scams or Scabies
Seahawks = Skyhawks (intentional joke on other people getting it wrong)
Browns= Clowns
Redskins= Deadskins (I like them, he didn't)
Packers= Smackers
Jets= Pets
Eagles= Beagles
Chiefs- Chefs

With the help of friends, we acted out on cassette tape a complete drama, "Return of the New York Jets" which was a parody of "Return of the Jedi" in which Richard Todd found out Tom Landry was his father, and the Jets had to defeat the Smellboys to win the Super Bowl. It was funny, really.

And there was also an entire imaginary league of 28 other teams besides the NFL teams. Some of these we even made up whole rosters for, fake names, real colleges, height, weight and ages. One of these teams evolved into the team from my novel that the rock stars bought and went to the Super Bowl, where they beat- you guessed it- the Smellboys.

So were we nuts or wasted on not being reality show writers? And no, our parents never made us do any chores so we had lots of time on our hands.

Well, thanks for sharing.

C'mon, doesn't anyone care that NFL great, Jake Plummer, has retired? We've lost a legend today.
Of course, I'm being sarcastic. Jake should've just been glad to have a job in the NFL. There's no shame in holding a clipboard. Especially, when they're paying you to do so.

MrPryck2U said:
Well, thanks for sharing.

C'mon, doesn't anyone care that NFL great, Jake Plummer, has retired? We've lost a legend today.
Of course, I'm being sarcastic. Jake should've just been glad to have a job in the NFL. There's no shame in holding a clipboard. Especially, when they're paying you to do so.

I really liked him. He was a cool guy and he had Basset hounds. I think he would have liked Florida. What a shame things ended this way for him. The Broncos treated him badly.:down:

I also feel sorry for Bledsoe. Is this the end of the road for him or do you think he'll find a spot somewhere?

U2Kitten said:

I also feel sorry for Bledsoe. Is this the end of the road for him or do you think he'll find a spot somewhere?

I feel like somewone will take him..he then has eight amazing games and then gets benched to see what they new drafy pick can do....oakland are you listening?

I will rightly admit I did not like Bledsoe when he was a Pat but you just gotta feel for the guy. I just think this is not how he envisioned his NFL career.

U2Kitten said:
Other stupid names we used

Broncos= Smellways (for Elway)
Raiders= Smaiders

and these were not even meant to be offensive

Rams= Scams or Scabies
Seahawks = Skyhawks (intentional joke on other people getting it wrong)
Browns= Clowns
Redskins= Deadskins (I like them, he didn't)
Packers= Smackers
Jets= Pets
Eagles= Beagles
Chiefs- Chefs

With the help of friends, we acted out on cassette tape a complete drama, "Return of the New York Jets" which was a parody of "Return of the Jedi" in which Richard Todd found out Tom Landry was his father, and the Jets had to defeat the Smellboys to win the Super Bowl. It was funny, really.

And there was also an entire imaginary league of 28 other teams besides the NFL teams. Some of these we even made up whole rosters for, fake names, real colleges, height, weight and ages. One of these teams evolved into the team from my novel that the rock stars bought and went to the Super Bowl, where they beat- you guessed it- the Smellboys.

:crack:

you should sell it to disney. i heard ben affleck's looking for work.

The craziest NFL free agency period in quite a while has started.

Nate Clements got 8 years for $80 million from the 49ers, and $22 million is guaranteed.

Even more crazy is the money the top guards are getting. Derrick Dockery got a $50 million deal with the Bills with $18.5 million of it guaranteed.

It ain't MLB, but by NFL standards, that's quite insane.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i can't take nfl contracts seriously 'cause they never get paid what the contract states

True enough, but two offensive lineman so far have received more guaranteed money than Steve Huchinson did last year, and I don't consider them anywhere near as good as him.

The major rise of the salary cap, combined with teams having more room under it to begin with, just created an MLB-like free agency race, even if the numbers aren't the same thing.

Hewson said:
Then the Smellcos will probably sign Jeff Garcia who was not resigned by the Smellgles.

In other news Fred Taylor signed an extension with the Smellguars, Fred Smoot and Jermaine Wiggins were cut by the Smellkings (I really like that one), and Bryant Young is coming back to the Smellyniners.

You've made too many people 'smell.' See the list I posted for the correct terms. ;)The Broncos are the "Smellways" (for Elway). And the Vikings and 49ers never 'smell' as they are among my favorites.

But isn't Bryant Young a bit long in the tooth to be of any use to anyone now?

phanan on February 17 said:
One interesting player to watch is Thomas from Baltimore. Unfortunately for the Ravens, they are one team that doesn't have much room under the cap. In fact, I don't believe they have enough to even franchise him right now.

I would love the Patriots to go after him with all the money they have this year. I know he'll command big bucks, and the Pats aren't exactly the team that does that sort of thing, but something tells me they may try to do it with Thomas. I'm sure Belichick liked what he saw during the week in Hawaii.

Ahem.

:whistle:

i guess that depends on wether or not you think taytum bell is good or is simply a product of the denver bronco system... i tend to believe it's the system. and does anyone believe that millen won't take another over-rated widereciever with the pick they got?

it seems that all the lions did was replace an injured running back with an injury prone running back, giving up their best defensive back in the process.

time will tell i suppose

The Lions are rumored to be shopping their pick around a bit. They thought of using their #2 overall pick on a rb or a tackle. They just traded for a running back they like and also got that tackle in the process.

They also signed a defensive end, which was sorely needed after they cut James Hall. Wait...it was needed before they cut James Hall.

All these moves cannot make a winning team. The attitude of this team is, and has been for the past 5 years...horrible.

If Millen drafts another wr with the pick, he should be fired immediatly. But you're right. He will and he'll be praised for it here in Michigan...

So happy I'm a Bear's fan right now.

You'd think the Lions would draft Brady Quinn. It's not like Jon Kitna is their quarterback of the future.

I'm personally not sold on Quinn, but in that position, you almost have to do it.

Unless they think that Orslovsky might end up taking over - he certainly was excellent at UConn, but that's probably a reach.

Maybe the Lions should trade their #2 pick to the Pats for both of their first rounders and a third rounder. Certainly would help the Lions get more players, which they need, and hmm, there's this Calvin Johnson guy that the Pats could use...

:hmm:

:lol: Yeah, right...

Yeah...rumor has it now that the Bucs are trying to trade Plummer for a 4th round pick.

I don't think it would have worked keeping Garcia in Philly. Just my opinion. One of the two had to go. And I think McNabb was the better choice.

Poor guy :( he deserved better than this. May he have fun riding off into the sunset with his basset hounds and find a life of peace and happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom