NFL Draft Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Interesting how all the guys immediately think it's some elaborate plan on the part of the woman.

Nice.

My first thought was "Tom come on you didn't wrap that shit up?!!"

I am placing bets Gisele and Tom may not be couple too much longer:eyebrow:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
brady just didn't want to be outdone by matt leinart.

i mean come on... leinart's just a rookie. brady's got 3 rings. leinart knocked up a freshman basketball player at usc, brady knocked up an actress.

brady does not like being outdone.

but back to leinart... he left this for that tramp-o-rama paris hilton?

115365.jpeg
tx_cameron.jpg

that boy's crazy

:lol:

Yeah, Leinart's a tool.

phanan said:
Based on crap I've read, she wanted to get married and have a family. Supposedly he wasn't ready yet, and that was the main reason they broke up. I don't know this for a fact, just what I've heard. So when I hear this, it gets you thinking.

I've heard many of the same things.
I'm not saying that Bridget tried to "trap" Tom per se (Headache note the proper spelling of this phrase :wink:) by intentionally getting pregnant, but maybe when he found out she was preggers he bailed cause he had made it clear he didn't want marriage and kids yets. And she has publicly stated that marriage and kids were part of her "5 year plan"...and I think that was a couple years ago, so her plan may be in year 2 or 3 with no bling so she might be getting antsy.

Hewson said:
I've heard many of the same things.
I'm not saying that Bridget tried to "trap" Tom per se (Headache note the proper spelling of this phrase :wink:) by intentionally getting pregnant, but maybe when he found out she was preggers he bailed cause he had made it clear he didn't want marriage and kids yets. And she has publicly stated that marriage and kids were part of her "5 year plan"...and I think that was a couple years ago, so her plan may be in year 2 or 3 with no bling so she might be getting antsy.

Agreed. I probably didn't word it very well. Sometimes typing too fast does you in...

I tried to keep it on topic

Hewson said:
were part of her "5 year plan"

Why can't people just let life happen?

Shit like this is the reason for the increasing number of "starter" marriages out there.

:down:

Um, Skol Vikings!

:uhoh:

Dallas Clark is a goofball!

U2Kitten said:

Don't leave Dallas Clark out of the limelight :wink:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070220/SPORTS03/70220042

With Freeney franchised...I am not sure if they will be able to sign ANYBODY else...at least anybody with a little name recognition!

Re: Dallas Clark is a goofball!

zoney! said:

Don't leave Dallas Clark out of the limelight :wink:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070220/SPORTS03/70220042

With Freeney franchised...I am not sure if they will be able to sign ANYBODY else...at least anybody with a little name recognition!

I missed that. I wonder if any of this would have made headlines if they weren't more famous now since they won?

Maybe the DUI will hurt Rhodes' value on the free agency market?

I do hope Peyton restructures. After all that's happened, Brock and Raegor don't seem all that valuable as some others but they are costing a lot due to their long term contracts.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Interesting how all the guys immediately think it's some elaborate plan on the part of the woman.

Nice.
Just so you don't think any less of phanan and I (if that were possible), here's where the inspiration for our comments eminates from:

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=183873

Is Bridget going for goal as clock ticks?
By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa
Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - Updated: 06:17 AM EST

Did Tom Brady’s ex-galpal Bridget Moynahan see the clock running down on her three-year romance with the New England Patriots QB/QT last fall and run a quarterback sneak of her own? That’s the prevailing opinion among friends of No. 12 who say Moynahan’s pregnancy was a relationship Hail Mary.

“She totally knew it was coming,” said one F.O.T. “They were spending more time apart. She knew. She had to.”

Said another: “She gives new meaning to ‘The Tuck Rule,’ in that she clearly ‘tucked away’ the birth control when she saw the writing on the wall. Now she’s set for life.”

Oooooh, ouch.

Bridget, as you are so aware by now, had her PR peeps announceSunday that she’s “healthy” and “excited” to be more than three months pregnant with the QB’s baby.

It’s no secret that Bridget, 36, wanted to marry and start a family. Tick, tock. But that wasn’t Tom’s game plan.

“He’s 29 years old and at the top of his game,” said a bud. “Why would he?”

Tom knew about the baby a couple of months ago, pals told the Track. And while he will do the right thing by the child who will arrive this summer, he has no plans to marry Bridget.

In fact, Bridgie’s baby announcement was dispatched as the dashing daddy-to-be was off tripping the light fantastic in the City of Light with his new squeeze, supermodel Gisele Bundchen, 26. Brady and the Victoria’s Secret sexpot started dating just weeks after he put B. on waivers.

Well the way I see it is, if the "FOT's" can say things like that about the mother of their friend's child and partner for three years, at least have the balls to put your name on it and don't hide behind that. It's like the supposed friends of Gisele saying that they might be married anytime now. He wasn't ready to marry Bridget after three years but he's ready to marry Gisele after a few months? Come on. And unless Bridget somehow stole his sperm and inseminated herself, Tom always knew that a pregnancy was possible. Birth control isn't foolproof- so there's always no sex, right?

The only two people who know what happened for sure are Bridget and Tom, and even then they both have certain perceptions that are based upon and colored by emotions, etc. Humans aren't robots. It's just crass, and it's not right, for people to cast aspersions on Bridget when they have no idea what the truth is. And to act as if Tom is some sort of automatic "victim" when they have no idea what the real truth is. I'm sure it was very hurtful to her to see her boyfriend of three years jump right into a relationship with another woman, no matter who that woman is (and the comments about Bridget vs Gisele in the looks/age dept or whatever are disgusting). And to be pregnant with his baby on top of that, well that's a tough road to hoe if you ask me regardless of what the truth is or isn't.

Tom Brady was a willing participant in their relationship and has to take responsibility for the results regardless, and no matter what the deal truly was with the pregnancy-it is strictly about that child now. He was with her for three years, so I assume there was much love involved there. But like I said, it is about that child now-and the child is innocent and has nothing to do with the whole "backstory". So I think it's best for both to try to avoid all this anonymous and non-anonymous back and forth in the media and just deal with the upcoming birth as best they can under the circumstances. Tom allegedly has at least two sisters who had babies out of wedlock- did they "trap" or try to trap their men too, and would he like people saying that about his sisters? I think not.

Last edited:
:yikes:

I am sorry...has anyone seen/heard Tom Brady say that he WASN'T responsible for this pregnancy - and - NOT wanting any part of this child's birth?

Didn't think so.

Re: Re: Dallas Clark is a goofball!

U2Kitten said:

I missed that. I wonder if any of this would have made headlines if they weren't more famous now since they won?

Maybe the DUI will hurt Rhodes' value on the free agency market?

The DUI would have been a headline - and you it would hard to classify Clark's incident as a "headline." It may have appeared in Indy and West Bumble, IA - but that's about it. I guess he insulted a girl's basketball referee with "you (referees) stink." God Bless Iowa.

Rhodes value has dropped. He has shot himeself in the foot there.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Dallas Clark is a goofball!

zoney! said:

Rhodes value has dropped. He has shot himeself in the foot there.

Oh, good, does that mean he can now stay on the Colts for a reduced price? :hyper:

Really, he did. I guess he was like my hubby and a lot of other guys who thought "I can hold it, I can drive straight, I can be cool and trick the cops." No way when they're sitting there looking for signs of it in everyone. I was pulled for being drunk once when I wasn't so they're really picky. Here he was a big star and millions saw his great performance in the SB and he went to Disney World and rode in the parade and waved at the kids and now because of one night of indiscretion he's blown it. What a shame (for him but I still hope he stays and is affordable now)

Re: Re: Re: Dallas Clark is a goofball!

zoney! said:

The DUI would have been a headline - and you it would hard to classify Clark's incident as a "headline." It may have appeared in Indy and West Bumble, IA - but that's about it. I guess he insulted a girl's basketball referee with "you (referees) stink." God Bless Iowa.

there.

Yeah, it was a little story here in Iowa. From what I've heard, he always goes back to support his HS teams. Story has it he walked up to a ref, and told him that his crew was horrible. He was probably thrown out because he's DC. Who knows, maybe he was saying horrible things, but it's not like HS students don't do the same thing.

Hewson said:
Unless Peyton does some serious restructuring

INDIANAPOLIS -- Peyton Manning has agreed to restructure his contract with the Indianapolis Colts to save the team $8.2 million in salary cap space.

The deal was first reported by ESPN.com's John Clayton.

The Super Bowl MVP was to receive a $10 million roster bonus during the offseason but by converting the money into a regular signing bonus, the Colts can prorate that amount over the remaining four years of his deal. That saves Indianapolis space under the cap, which is $109 million.

[Pacman] Jones tossed hundreds of $1 bills on the stripper stage, Susnar said, adding that when a dancer started grabbing the money without Jones' permission, he got angry, grabbed her hair and slammed her head against the stage.

Security guard Aaron Cudworth, a mixed-martial artist with professional fighting experience, intervened and scuffled with Jones and members of his entourage, he said.

Jones then threatened to kill the guard, Susnar said.

Order was eventually restored and everyone moved outside before the gunman opened fire toward the front door of the club, hitting Cudworth, security guard Tom Urbanski and a female customer, he said.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

INDIANAPOLIS -- Peyton Manning has agreed to restructure his contract with the Indianapolis Colts to save the team $8.2 million in salary cap space.

The deal was first reported by ESPN.com's John Clayton.

The Super Bowl MVP was to receive a $10 million roster bonus during the offseason but by converting the money into a regular signing bonus, the Colts can prorate that amount over the remaining four years of his deal. That saves Indianapolis space under the cap, which is $109 million.

:up:

I don't know the whole story on him, but I see Pacman Jones was born in 1983, which was the height of the Pac Man craze. Any chance he's named after the video game character?

"Pac man fever, driving me crazy!" :rockon:

Anybody else get that lame record?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom