NFL 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Note to the Buffalo Bills:
Probably not a good idea to start a QB wearing the Urban Sombrero.

j-peterman-seinfeld8.png

So my 1-2 picks this year were OBJ and Ezekiel Elliott.

I'm without either of them, but I took late picks for Hopkins and Ingram and picked up Kamara week 1.

I can't imagine how awesome my team would be if OBJ stayed healthy and Elliott got past his suspension.

Oh and I legit don't have a quarterback (Carr) and no TE (Brate been subbing in for an injured Olsen).

Excited for the playoffs.

Note to the Buffalo Bills:
Probably not a good idea to start a QB wearing the Urban Sombrero.

Seriously, the only explanation that even remotely makes sense to me is that the owners ordered that Peterman start because they're trying to weasel out of some incentive in Tyrod Taylor's contract or something.

Seriously, the only explanation that even remotely makes sense to me is that the owners ordered that Peterman start because they're trying to weasel out of some incentive in Tyrod Taylor's contract or something.

The only bad thing s they did it this week instead of 2 weeks from now.

Did you see how bad he looked the week prior? He was awful. Abysmal.

Have you been following the votes of confidence put in his name this season?

He got benched for awful play. No foul play about it. Can't keep talking about benching him for poor play and then not doing it.

I certainly hope that Taylor's been a dick or something and they just kept that part under wraps... or maybe J.Peterman is a practice all star who shits the bed when it counts, 'cause that was brutal.

Did you see how bad he looked the week prior? He was awful. Abysmal.

Have you been following the votes of confidence put in his name this season?

He got benched for awful play. No foul play about it. Can't keep talking about benching him for poor play and then not doing it.

Been hearing the rumblings about him for 3 years now (division 'rival', you know). A team like Denver would kill to have him right now.

Eli should be benched so that the Giants can see what they have in Davis Webb. It's time.

For Eli to be benched in order to start Geno Smith is an embarrassment, and McAdoo should be fired on the spot for even suggesting it.

Agreed. Webb is possibly the future. Unless they draft a QB. Haven't been paying attention to college football these days. Not sure what's out there.

Eli should be benched so that the Giants can see what they have in Davis Webb. It's time.

For Eli to be benched in order to start Geno Smith is an embarrassment, and McAdoo should be fired on the spot for even suggesting it.

McAdoo should nave been fired a long time ago. He's gone at season's end anyway. Clearly lost the team weeks ago.
But you are right, starting Geno is a pathetic move. I can only assume ownership dictated the move to ensure a top 3 draft pick.

Whatever your opinion of Eli the player is, this move is embarrassing and pathetic from a franchise that tries to portray themselves as some kind of gold standard. Guy won 2 super bowls, has been there every day for 14 years without missing a game, causes zero off the field issues and has been a pillar of the community. And ya do him dirty like this? To start Geno Smith?

Reese and McAdoo both need to get the fuck out. If Mara had balls he'd do it today.

There's a way to do this. You start having Webb take snaps with the first team, and slowly work him in while Eli stays the starter for another week or two. Ya don't bench Eli to play Geno Smith. You really don't bench Eli to play Geno Smith in a town that knows full well just how bad Geno Smith is.

Utterly pathetic.

I hope they the Mara's and Tisch's enjoy watching this Ray Handley repeat while Tom Coughlin inches towards the playoffs.

Dicks.

So Gronk gets continuously held by a Bills DB 15 yards downfield, ball comes in, DB pushes off one final time and secures the interception while falling to the floor. Gronk then decides to land on the back of the DB's head with his forearm.

Off the ball, Danny Amendola and another Bills DB are engaged in various handbags, and another Bills defender argues with the officials.

Somehow the two Patriots and one Bills personal foul penalties wash out, but the penalty for arguing with the official is enforced, giving the Bills 1st-and-25. Gronk remains in the game (very well could be rewarded with a mandatory vacation tomorrow).

NFL refs are fantastic.

Fuck the giants for doing this to Eli. "Geno Smith gives us the best chance to win." macadueche, tisch and maras should be ridden outta town - classless move for one of the classiest players in the game.

my feelings about eli as a quarterback have been made clear before, but this decision is a baffling insult to a guy that won two super bowls for the team.

i woke up this morning to a notification from a sports news app that said "giants head coach likely to be fired after sunday's game", so that's probably a thing that should happen.

I just wish they didn't say "geno gives us the best chance to win." That's not at all true... Man up and say Eli was never their guy (tish and macadoo) and truly they're ranking the rest of this season. My hope is Eli ends up say in Jax, Arizona or Denver and he has some great success there.

I was not expecting a win. The Eagles are legit and only lost because of two unfortunate breaks.

So Gronk gets continuously held by a Bills DB 15 yards downfield, ball comes in, DB pushes off one final time and secures the interception while falling to the floor. Gronk then decides to land on the back of the DB's head with his forearm.

Off the ball, Danny Amendola and another Bills DB are engaged in various handbags, and another Bills defender argues with the officials.

Somehow the two Patriots and one Bills personal foul penalties wash out, but the penalty for arguing with the official is enforced, giving the Bills 1st-and-25. Gronk remains in the game (very well could be rewarded with a mandatory vacation tomorrow).

NFL refs are fantastic.
Gronk Smash, Lose Cash

I was not expecting a win. The Eagles are legit and only lost because of two unfortunate breaks.

they had some bad luck, but there were also a few really questionable coaching choices made in that game too. you *have* to challenge that lateral/forward pass - it was so obviously forward. it was a weird game plan too, i know you have blount and ajayi in the backfield but against the seahawks injured secondary it would have made so much more sense to play a pass-heavy offense rather than focusing on the run.

but whatever. it's one dud game and i hope they've gotten it out of their system and learned from it.

Really curious what they thought would happen from that decision.

Also really curious as to why they felt it necessary to put forward their "best chance to win."

Back
Top Bottom