NFL 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In all honesty this is for the best... not obj getting hurt, which is awful... but being awful. If one possession in each of the last three games had gone differently the Giants would be 3-2 and ignoring their obvious structural issues. This all will at least force them to shit can Reese and hire someone with a clue. His draft record is abysmal.

Crazy that the early, and I mean very early MVP race is Aaron Rodgers vs Alex Smith. 12 years after the 05 Draft.

Another awful Sunday for the Giants. Especially for wide receivers. :sad: The Chargers are awful too. Their victory over NY might be their only one of the season.

As for OBJ, Karma can fuck you in the ass deep without the common courtesy of a reach around.

It means the guy is a shitwagon and his "All about me" attitude is for shit too. Simulating urination after a TD and then saying he'd do it again. Forget the NFL, this dude has no respect for himself.
Oh yea... He's a real selfish prick, coming back early with a high ankle sprain and all because his team needed him. What a dick.

Oh yea... He's a real selfish prick, coming back early with a high ankle sprain and all because his team needed him. What a dick.

His team? Good one! The only way he gets real paid is if he's on the field. Timing sucks for him. He wants to be among the highly paid players next season. I don't wish for anyone to get injured, but the dude is a douchebag First Class.

His team? Good one! The only way he gets real paid is if he's on the field. Timing sucks for him. He wants to be among the highly paid players next season. I don't wish for anyone to get injured, but the dude is a douchebag First Class.

What on Earth are you talking about? He gets paid whether he's on the field or not, he's under contract. The smart thing for him to have done for his contract extension would have been to wait till he's 100% before returning, not rush back in week 2.

You don't like his on field antics. K. Great. God forbid anyone show any emotion on the field. Is he getting in trouble off the field? No. Is he, by all accounts, amazing with fans, especially young ones? Regularly giving his jersey, gloves, cleats and whatever else he can to kids in attendance? Yea. Does he spend hours signing autographs for kids? Yea. Fucking guy babysits for his teammates.

But right. He's a real grade a douchebag.

Immature guy who can let his emotions get the best of him? Sure. Douchebag? In this league? He's one of the good guys.

Last edited:
I mean his antics are no worse than T.O., Ochocinco or any number of other guys. Most of the stuff is amusing. The dog lifting his leg thing probably not a good choice.The bigger issue is the penalty stuff like he had with Norman a couple years ago, if that's under control, then no big deal.
Won't matter when they have to amputate his leg cause of that horrible Eli throw anyway. :wink:

You're talking about two of the absolute worst most egotistical bad characters in recent history.

TO was a guy who would shit talk his teammates, shit talk his coaches, abandon his team, spit on opposing players, fight his teammates... you don't think running the ball to the 50 yard line for a celebration is more than OBJ? Oh, remember that time TO had an interview with Playboy?

As for Chad Johnson... tbh I don't remember a whole lot about his antics (aside from the obvious name change). But, I do remember he was released from the Dolphins for headbutting his wife.

Johnson's on field antics were harmless fun.
The incident with his wife was off the field, I am strictly comparing on field stuff since there was a discussion of OBJ and the dog pee thing.

As for T.O., most of his on field celebrations were quite hilarious. My favorites being;

giphy.gif

and
to-popcorn.gif

T.O. definitely had his share of negative stuff going on as well, but his TD celebrations were good, the lone exception being the Dallas Star incident, which of course was inciteful

Well, you originally just said antics. To which... OBJ doesn't deserve to be near those two.

But yes, those on field things are fun and games.

Last edited:
I think we all sometimes fail to separate on field actions from the off the field person.

There are plenty of "bad guys" who are tremendous individuals off the field, and just as many "good guys" who are straight pieces of shit.

Yeah, I'd say that probably applies to me. I think OBJ is a tremendous talent. Just not a big fan of any of his "celebrations" or most of the dopey things he says. Perhaps my karma comment was a tad extreme. My comment about "getting real paid" was in regard to him being on the field, healthy and able to perform at a high level so that he can achieve receiving a higher paying contract for next season. That's difficult to do when you're out for 11 games of the season. Or when you are playing, but your team is sucking and your dropping passes at crucial times.

The Giants will still pay him large sums of money, as they should. Might be laid out a little differently coming off the injury, maybe less guaranteed than if he had stayed healthy this year, but he'll still get one of the biggest contracts in NFL history, and provided he's able to stay healthy, the Giants and the NFL will still earn back more off of him than they'll pay him.

The league is losing serious star power lately.
Last week OBJ and JJ Watt gone to season ending injuries, now Aaron Wroggers this week.

Losing Rodgers really sucks. I don't really have an NFL team, but he's my favorite QB to watch.

Down 12 right now with 3 minutes to go...

1 for 4 on the 2 point conversion, and skipped a kick from close at the end of the half to miss a TD.

They could be down 7 right now.

Really impressed with Evan Engram, a TE who can catch with his hands (as opposed to his arms or shoulder pads like most TEs).

Well, the Giants certainly had a job posting for "someone who can catch with their hands."

Looks like the Giants have stopped the bleeding, largely thanks to their defense, but also thanks to getting out in front early.

Back
Top Bottom