NFL 2014 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had that same type of reaction today when I saw the Pick'em go up. It just occurred to me that on Saturday, I was watching TCU Football, tomorrow and Wednesday I have two fantasy drafts and then on THURSDAY I'm going to be watching the Packers. September is truly the best month of the year. Well...except, of course, for October.

I am excited for Thursday.

Zoney will be in town for the game, apparently, so fingers crossed our schedules work out so I can see him briefly.

Brings up a good point. Who has the best chance to be that team? Lions? Redsk*ns? Jets? Chargers?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I would say that while I don't view them as Super Bowl contenders, I am high on Teddy Bridgewater and would like to see what Minnesota can do with him at the helm. And if Josh Gordon wasn't suspended I'd have pimped Cleveland.

I would say that while I don't view them as Super Bowl contenders, I am high on Teddy Bridgewater and would like to see what Minnesota can do with him at the helm. And if Josh Gordon wasn't suspended I'd have pimped Cleveland.

Agreed on Cleveland. I really wanted to see the Manziel/Gordon connection this year.

IMO they should tank the year and use what may be a couple real high first round picks to load up on offensive weapons.

Tanking in football is pretty silly. And that Buffalo pick is going to be terrific no matter what they do.

Cleveland should have a bright future if they nail a couple picks next year. I know Cleveland is Cleveland, but they're not as far away from contending as you would think.

Brings up a good point. Who has the best chance to be that team? Lions? Redsk*ns? Jets? Chargers?

Certainly not the Jets, and I think people will be begging for Cousins by week 5.

Maybe the Chargers. It would be fitting that after a decade of them being the sexy super bowl pick that they'll finally do it when nobody's paying attention.

The Cardinals had the best tram in football not in the playoffs last year... maybe it's them.

Every team is just so flawed that it shouldn't surprise anyone when a team comes from nowhere.

Denver seems again the most obvious choice, but Peyton leaves too many questions with his health and his keen ability to shit the bed when he gets pressured.

Seattle lost a lot of their depth, and has to face new rules aimed at stopping them. Wilson has a tremendous preseason, though... So if he takes the next step they may be able to get right back there.

The Eagles defense is still very much a question mark, and you'd have to think the league will catch up to the offense a little.

San Fran is falling apart by the day.

New England is always there, but I don't think they're good enough.

I think we'll get a team who nobody is expecting anything from who wins the super bowl this year.

I think the opposite. I believe three out of the four teams from last year's championship games will be back this time (Seattle, Denver, NE - with GB joining). Can they be toppled? Sure, but I just don't see many other teams able to knock them off. Perhaps the Colts or Chargers in the AFC. Perhaps Philly or the Saints in the NFC. That's pretty much it.

I think the opposite. I believe three out of the four teams from last year's championship games will be back this time (Seattle, Denver, NE - with GB joining). Can they be toppled? Sure, but I just don't see many other teams able to knock them off. Perhaps the Colts or Chargers in the AFC. Perhaps Philly or the Saints in the NFC. That's pretty much it.

I'm pretty much on the same page as you here. I actually do think highly of the Saints this year. My NFC prediction is that the NFC Championship Game will be the Saints and Packers with whoever has home field advantage winning. I also fear the Bears in the NFC as well. Much like the Packers, if their defense even improves to an average defense, they're dangerous. I still give the Packers the edge because of the talent in their secondary, and their biggest weakness has been the pass rush (enter Julius Peppers).

I don't think Philly's defense is particularly good, but it's reputation as being like a bottom-five unit isn't really based in reality. It lacks a good pass rush, but other than that it's alright.

There's nothing really to "solve" with the Eagles' offense. If it takes a step back this season, it will probably because of the young receiving corps and Nick Foles coming back to reality, not because Kelly's offense got "solved."

I wonder if the Dolphins will manage some consistency. They beat 3 division winners they played - Patriots, Colts (road) & Bengals (road), plus picked up wins over the Chargers & Steelers (road in snow), yet still missed the playoffs when 9-7 was good enough. A bunch of losses to last place/3rd place teams and that scandal didn't help.

Should have a better offensive line with rookie Ja'wuan James looking great and Branden Albert added. Jarvis Landry looked great at WR also, may have been a steal. Knowshon Moreno should provide a boost to run game, better than Daniel Thomas. Charles Clay was a big surprise and if he has an even better year at TE that would be a boost.

Linebackers still can't tackle tight ends though. Still questions about the Head Coach. Still might have holes in OLine even if its a bit better. And that headcase Pouncey is out a few games. Not sure whether to be hopeful at the improvements or just expect them to blow yet another season that should have ended in playoffs, which they've done often since 2002.

Bwnzcd7CEAMobLP.jpg

It's going to be serious crazy town around here tomorrow, working a half mile from the stadium. They're already setting up the stage for the big concert. It'll be a ghost town at the office.

Part of me wants to hang around just to check it all out, but the wiser part of me will leave work very early and get the hell out of Dodge.

It's going to be serious crazy town around here tomorrow, working a half mile from the stadium. They're already setting up the stage for the big concert. It'll be a ghost town at the office.

Part of me wants to hang around just to check it all out, but the wiser part of me will leave work very early and get the hell out of Dodge.

If possible, could you take pictures of crying Seahawks fans after the game? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom