NFL 2014, Part 2: Boom Shakalaka

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit surreal to come across That's My Boy and see Rex on FX tonight.

I certainly won't miss the Patriots having to face his defense twice a year, but he sure was entertaining.

That movie is dumb, but I laughed my ass off during it.

Not to be outdone by Woody Johnson, the Giants are, naturally, having a press conference to announce that Coach Coughlin will return as HC of the NYG.

A bit surreal to come across That's My Boy and see Rex on FX tonight.

I certainly won't miss the Patriots having to face his defense twice a year, but he sure was entertaining.

He was entertaining if you had to deal with him two to three weeks out of the year.

Not so much if you had to listen to his dumb ass every day.

Good riddance, and thanks for the Super Bowl.

Donkey Kong Suh is back on for the wildcard. Fined 70k instead. What a joke.

Last edited:
EDIT to the EDIT:
NEW YORK (AP) - Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh can play in Detroit's playoff game after his one-game NFL suspension was reduced to a $70,000 fine.
Hearing officer Ted Cottrell heard Suh's expedited appeal Tuesday and ruled that Suh can play Sunday at Dallas but must pay the fine.
Suh originally was suspended for stepping on Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers' left leg twice last Sunday in a loss to Green Bay for the NFC North title. He stepped on Rodgers once with each foot, which violated unnecessary roughness rules, according to the league.
But Cottrell reduced the punishment.
Cottrell is jointly appointed by the NFL and the players' union.

What I will say is this: In the comments of an SB Nation Cubs' article I was reading, a debate started up about this, and a very, very biased Lions fan made this argument: After the first step, Rodgers pulls his leg further back to get away from his feet. The idea being that Suh thought where Rodgers' leg now is, would've been empty grass if Rodgers hadn't moved his leg.

suh.gif

While I can see that as a possibility, I still have a hard time believing it wasn't intentional, simply for the fact that Suh steps down instead of forward, with the second step. It seems to me like I would lean forward if I was trying to get balance.

Suh's reputation clearly precedes him in this case. I don't think this was a case of "I want to hurt this person" and more a case of "too bad your leg is there and I'm not getting out of my own way for your sake".

Suh is dirty, but I think you would have seen some sort of force if he was trying to actually injure Rodgers in any way. Guys get stepped on as bad or worse all the time in piles or in the lines, it's only a big deal because of who the two players are.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Suh's reputation clearly precedes him in this case. I don't think this was a case of "I want to hurt this person" and more a case of "too bad your leg is there and I'm not getting out of my own way for your sake".

Suh is dirty, but I think you would have seen some sort of force if he was trying to actually injure Rodgers in any way. Guys get stepped on as bad or worse all the time in piles or in the lines, it's only a big deal because of who the two players are.

I think Rodgers said it best when he explained that normally players at least acknowledge if they've stepped on another player. It's definitely not on the same level as the 1st stomp a few years back but I don't buy Suh's explanation one bit.

But yeah, in the end, the NFL continues to look sloppy and inconsistent.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

One thing I found interesting is that this may have gotten overblown due to Buck and Aikman commenting on it. If they had called it an accident during the broadcast, would it have been given the same attention by the public and league?

One thing I found interesting is that this may have gotten overblown due to Buck and Aikman commenting on it. If they had called it an accident during the broadcast, would it have been given the same attention by the public and league?

If there is one thing for certain it is that Joe Buck hates anything and everything Detroit. Buck is also a piece of sh*t, arrogant, smirky, a-hole douchebag.
He is absolutely the most overrated commentator ever to grace the earth. He is a scumbag and deserves to rot in hell; I really hate Joe Buckyourself.

If there is one thing for certain it is that Joe Buck hates anything and everything Detroit. Buck is also a piece of sh*t, arrogant, smirky, a-hole douchebag.
He is absolutely the most overrated commentator ever to grace the earth. He is a scumbag and deserves to rot in hell; I really hate Joe Buckyourself.

I hope Joe Buck haunts you in your dreams, screams "the Buck stops here!" and steals your soul.

Joe Buck is the best professional football broadcaster working today by a decent margin. He used to be too understated, in what must have been an effort to seem cool, but got over that after the heavy criticism he received for his call of the David Tyree catch. Add in the fact that he nearly lost his voice due to an illness at one point, and he seems to have a new appreciation for the job. I used to not be able to stand him, but he's really upped his game in the last five years.

Every single fan base on Earth seems to think he has some vendetta against them, which I've always found odd.

Joe Buck is OK, but I find him a little grating, from time to time. I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it is about him I don't like. But, I certainly don't hate him by a long stretch. He's probably in my top five, for football commentators.

Carolina does play the right kind of football to best Seattle. They'll have to protect the ball better than they did today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom