NFL 2014, Part 2: Boom Shakalaka

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so funny, my dislike of the Cowboys had all but disappeared in the last six years, but it just all came flying back.

Goodell-as-McMahon.gif

I'd have to see the replay a few more times, but I'm pretty sure faceguarding isn't an automatic foul according to the official NFL rules (which are of course not published anywhere because they're some sort of state secret).

Oh ffs. This guy is just the worst. Before the game ever started, I was saying to Travis I couldn't believe he was calling a playoff game. He's fine in the regular season, but as I recall, notorious in the playoffs.

" When a referee's poor calls and inconclusive calls have lead to a rule change and blatantly being called out for helping the Colts win the 2006 AFC conference title, there is question as to whether Pete Morelli deserves to referee games of that magnitude."

On the plus side, I'm much less worried about the Cowboys now than I was before the game. And yeah I know about their road record

To offset their road record, of course, the Packers are also undefeated at home.

I'm not even happy to get my pick. What a piece of shit game.

I've never seen so many Lions fans rooting for GB.

I know I'll be the world's biggest Packers fan for a week.

The Lions still need to score more than 3 in the 2nd half, but yeah they still got screwed.

I've never actually watched the Ice Bowl. Think I'll do that sometime this week. Just flipped through the NFL network lineup for the week and I don't see it listed to be shown yet, but I assume it'll be on there or espn at some point this week. First time Dallas has played a playoff in GB since then.

B6i-Xw3IMAAW41J.jpg

That was on one of the defensive holding calls against Detroit.

A lot of calls go a lot of different ways. I suppose you can make the case that Dallas O Line is overrated because of the picture you posted, or maybe they have just been lucky with calls all season. Either way, have a nice day :up::beer:

They've certainly improved, but I think they get away with a ton of shit, especially in pass protection. You can't argue with there being talent there with the way that team's run the ball, but that doesn't mean there isn't a legitimate gripe about the way they've been treated. Tyron Smith is usually the biggest offender in my book, that guy holds all the time and gets away with it.

100 bucks says that DPI would have been called if it was the Eagles playing in this game and not the Cowboys.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I mean hate to blame refs because s--t happens, but its a bad call late in a close game that made a difference and helped Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom