NFL 2014/2015 - Super Bowl Postmortem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mariota is a better passer than Foles too. He's just a better player. And while he'll run more than Foles (obviously), he also knows how to, you know, slide.

That's not an old school, out dated NFL thinking thing, either; even though many try to make it out as such. It's just the reality that you just simply can't subject your quarterback to that many hits.

I agree, it's simply reality and not a new-school vs old-school kind of thing at all. It's different kinds of hits that a runner takes as opposed to a QB standing in the pocket. The runner is much more likely to take hits to the nees/ankles and other joints, rather than the wrap-up shoulder/chest hits that traditional QB sacks tend to be. This is exactly why RG3 now runs on knees made of duct tape and prayers.

I don't think Foles is completely useless - he's serviceable, but I don't want the outcome of an important game resting on his shoulders. While of course I will always hope for a better QB (who doesn't, other than NE/GB fans really), I don't think this season should be written off entirely if Foles is the starter Week 1.

I need the Eagles to be at least entertaining to watch this year, because following the Phillies is going to be brutal.

Outside The Lines ran a story that a Patriots' locker room attendant, Jim McNally, "tried to introduce" an "unapproved" kicking ball into the AFC championship game. It immediately became front page news on Espn.com and all the normal ESPN shows ran with it. (They also sent a reporter to McNally'shome in NH to confront him about the story)

ESPN's own Adam Schefter later in the day yesterday came on with a report that said football was handed to McNally by an NFL official, one of 3 who work the sidelines during games tending to these matters, and that official has since been fired for stealing game balls that were meant to be sold after the game for charity and selling them himslef on the side for profit.

Essentially the official stole one of the kicking balls to sell it and handed McNally a different ball from the Patriot's sideline to give to the official working the game.

So rather than posting a retraction/correction/update and admitting they wrongly insinuated that McNally had something to do with switching balls around for some nefarious reason, ESPN basically does nothing for more than 4 hours, not even putting Schefter's report on their website for that period of time. They finally put the Schefter story on the site around 8PM, it was broadcast on ESPN TV mid afternoon.

If anyone had any doubt regarding ESPN's agenda in the whole deflategate controversy and regarding the Patriots in general, there can no longer be any.
Tremendous journalistic integrity at the world wide leader (Schefter aside).

Ah, thank you. I was trying to search Google news, and I found something vaguely referencing deflate gate, but I want sure that was the reference.

This is the updated article from Espn.com:

NFL employee handed New England Patriots locker room attendant kicking-game ball, source says - ESPN

I love how they carefully dance around the fact that the original Outside The Lines story was at best incomplete and wrongly implicated a weekend Pats' employee as part of a cheating conspiracy.

ETA: Found the original article:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...e-gave-unapproved-ball-official-lines-reports

The podcast of the original "Outside The Lines Exclusive":

Outside The Lines - ESPN

The Chargers should so go with these:

nfl_charger_cr_576x455.jpg

Someone on FB posted a picture of the Packers' version, and I couldn't tell what it was supposed to be. Cheese? It looked really stupid.

I'm sure at least 8 or 9 other guys on the offense were expecting Lynch to get the ball, too, and had probably mentally prepared themselves for exactly that play.

I really wish Boston fans would stop complaining about any sports loss they've had to deal with in the past 14 years (other than the 03 ALCS, that one was legit).

It's like Rob Ford complaining to an Ethiopian refugee that he's hungry. That shit's just unbecoming, man.

Also, Jameis Winston is visiting with the Bucs today. This is incredibly early for him to be visiting, and the reason is because the Eagles want the Bucs to decide on their offer before the start of free agency.

Who goes for the 49ers? You just signed Jarrad Hayne, one of our best rugby league players.

I was going to ask what you thought of him. He's 27 and never played American football before, so the jury is out on whether he'll actually make the team. The more likely scenario is he'll be on the practice roster for a year and then they'll reevaluate.

Wtf are the Eagles doing? I know they have some fans on here. Was that trade unexpected? Because honestly, I'm shocked; it appears to make zero sense on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That is a fantastic trade for the Eagles. They were actively trying to trade McCoy, and he has almost zero value with a $12 million cap hit at age 27. His peak season was 2013. He's on the way downhill. They get a tremendous young inside linebacker (a position of need) for a guy they were basically throwing into Mariota offers just to get rid of his salary? In a year with tremendous running back talent in the draft? Count me in.

That is a fantastic trade for the Eagles. They were actively trying to trade McCoy, and he has almost zero value with a $12 million cap hit at age 27. His peak season was 2013. He's on the way downhill. They get a tremendous young inside linebacker (a position of need) for a guy they were basically throwing into Mariota offers just to get rid of his salary? In a year with tremendous running back talent in the draft? Count me in.

Does Shady throw a good spiral or something ??? That's what the Bills need.

Philly did good here.

Back
Top Bottom