NFL 2013 Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilsFan

Blue Crack Addict
In this edition of the NFL thread ...

GAF goes on a hunger strike until Jay Cutler gets back on the field.

Headache is given a two-week vacation from work after being found locked in his office with "CLOWNEY" scribbled over and over on the walls.

BoMac mentions his vacation to San Francisco and is permanently banned from the thread.

That and more on this episode of the NFL thread!

It's just so comforting knowing that the teams playing this evening represent 3 of the Packers next 5 games.

Blue finally got off the schneid. Bust out the ticker tape. :wink: Now they just have to win every game for the rest of the season. No pressure there.

I've never had a season like this. I'm 1-6, last place but still 3rd in total points. Points against me are by far the most in the league by over 200.

Jordan Reed -- worth a look at TE this week?

I figure he's only going to get better, and the Broncos secondary is garbage.

He's been the main bright spot on a struggling offense that's starting to turn things around. He offers a good matchup if nothing else.

Among all TEs, he's projected the 2nd most points this week so yeah, good pickup!

VJax has been treating me well lately, but he's facing the Carolina defense, which I just picked up. James Jones and Jarrett Boykin are both projected 14 points this week, but it seems backwards to have one team's entire WR corps in there. It's unlikely that both will have an equal (high) number of looks. But those numbers though...:hmm:

The best part of being in the Cleveland front office right now is that you can pretty much spend all of your 2014 draft picks on offensive skill positions. Those are the holes. That's damn good PR. First pick QB, next few on a wide receiver and a running back. Maybe throw a right guard and some defensive depth in there after that.

Cleveland competes for that division next year if they get the right quarterback.

The domain/name "Washington Bravehearts" has been purchased by a friend of Dan Snyder.

Hail to the Bravehearts!
Hail to victory!
BRAVES on the warpath!
Fight for old DC!

......no.

Almost midway through the 2nd quarter, the Patriots have 3 passing yards. Go Dolphins!

14-0 Miami up. Not sure if it stays but certainly didn't expect them to dominate. Maybe throwing the game away against Buffalo woke them up. That and the Pats clearly aren't the Pats of old.

No matter what happens today, it will be bittersweet. Dolphins lost Brandon Gibson today, possibly their top WR right now. Apparently its a season ending knee injury which sucks. :sad:

Mike Wallace really needs to step up now and stop dropping a ton of passes.

Haha, well he's great, though Gibson has more TDs this season than all Miami WR's had combined last season.

Patriots gifted 3 points by one of the worst PI calls ever. Nobody even touched Gronk, apparently a defender isn't allowed to go for the ball... They get it back though to take 17-3 lead.

Eh? Gibson has 29 catches for 322 yds and 2 TDs going into this game. Hartline has 31 receptions for 401 yds and 2 TDs! Wallace is in the exact same company. It's been very evenly distributed.

Actually there was a bump on that play, but he was going for the ball.

I think all the injuries on the defense is starting to catch up with the Patriots. They can't stop the run at all.

I still wouldn't be surprised if the Pats come back though. And yeah Hartline is certainly looking great. Maybe I'm just surprised Gibson was playing as well as he did...outperforming Wallace by a mile.

Have to keep running the ball in the 2nd half. New England is never really down regardless of how poor they look today, they can flip the switch quickly if you let them (ask the Saints).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom