NFL 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
12 team league, standard rules for the most part. Comments/critique of my team?

(needless to say, yes, I am putting a lot of faith in the New England Patriots)

QB - Tom Brady
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Danny Amendola
RB - Stevan Ridley
RB - Darren Sproles
TE - Zach Sudfeld
WR/RB - Jordy Nelson

K - Adam Vinatieri
D/ST - San Francisco

BN - Antonio Gates
BN - T.Y. Hilton
BN - Danny Woodhead
BN - Joe Flacco
BN - Brian Hartline
BN - Darrius Heyward-Bey

I think I'd start Gates and put Sudfeld on the bench. I don't think Sudfeld will get the looks in the regular season he's gotten in preseason(believe me the fumble last week in Detroit will be something Belichick takes seriously), and as soon as Gronkowski is back (if he gets back) Sudfeld will be a spot player.

Not huge on Sproles as a #2 RB.

Neither am I. Kinda waited too long on that spot. Hoping for the 2012 Sproles season.

Well, I liked your team regardless, but nice job out of the 6 hole.

Thanks. Definitely wasn't happy about the draft spot but I think I made the best of it. Particularly with snagging Amendola.

I think I'd start Gates and put Sudfeld on the bench. I don't think Sudfeld will get the looks in the regular season he's gotten in preseason(believe me the fumble last week in Detroit will be something Belichick takes seriously), and as soon as Gronkowski is back (if he gets back) Sudfeld will be a spot player.

Gates was initially drafted ahead of Sudfield but given matchups in week 1 and the fact that Sudfield is the uncontested TE in NE right now I figured I might go with him. Not even for week 1?

I'm actually buying the Sudfeld hype and ended up beefing up my WR's and RB's and then grabbed him as my #1 TE in my draft. The TE position is so deep this year that if Sudfeld doesn't work out, I'll probably have a guy I can pick up off of waiver that will be servicable.

I personally believe it's less risky to roll with Sudfeld as your #1 TE than Gronkowski at this point.

Gates was initially drafted ahead of Sudfield but given matchups in week 1 and the fact that Sudfield is the uncontested TE in NE right now I figured I might go with him. Not even for week 1?

Week 1 against Buffalo I could see playing him, but long term I don't think he's gonna live up to the preseason hype.
And he's by no means uncontested, don't be shocked if Ballard sees more playing time.

Hewson, what are you hearing in regards to Gronk? Are you thiking PUP?

If not PUP, I feel bad for anyone that owns him. NE plays a lot of night games meaning that his owners are going to have to play the guessing game a lot.

Hell, I'll post my team too. I had the 9th pick in a 12 team PPR leage. Took some solid players early and then went for pure upside the rest of the draft. Yahoo gave me a D- draft grade, which is a little laughable, but I'm very happy with the players I ended up with even though there is a risk that a couple of them might not pan out:

QB's: C. Newton, C. Palmer
RB's: R. Rice, L. Miller, E. Lacy, G. Bernard, F. Jackson
WR's: D. Bryant, R. White, J. Gordon, D. Hopkins, C. Patterson, K. Stills
TE's: Z. Studfeld, C. Fleener
K: Whoever is kicking in a dome on a good offense
Def: STL Rams

Hewson, what are you hearing in regards to Gronk? Are you thiking PUP?

If not PUP, I feel bad for anyone that owns him. NE plays a lot of night games meaning that his owners are going to have to play the guessing game a lot.

The Patriots (Belichick) are notorious for being tight lipped and this situation is no exception. I think the fact that they are waiting till the 11th hour to make the decision gives an indication that he's close enough to being ready that there is potential to put him on the roster and have a dead spot for a couple weeks and have him available around week 3. Certainly if he was 4-5 weeks away I think Belichick just PUP's him and fills the 53rd roster spot, so I think he's potentially gonna play either week 3 or 4.

kaepernick-sunday-4_3.jpg
Ori-the-Dwarf-The-Hobbit.jpg

The kid who starts ahead of my brother on his high school basketball team looks exactly like Colin Kaepernick. And he runs around on defense like a fucking idiot.

I think it will be less about when Gronk comes back (as Sudfeld fills the Hernandez role) and more about the receivers, as I think they'll go three wide more due to the emergence of Thompkins.

Drafting those three completely unproven RBs is either going to end up looking brilliant or it will completely fuck you.

Well I think we just got a little more of a clue on Gronkowski as both Jake Ballard and Daniel Fells are slated to be cut by the Pats. I'd say thats an indication Gronk will avoid the PUP list and 7 you should be good with Sudfeld for the first couple of weeks at least. Appaerently Ballard just never completely recovered from the knee issue. Looks like Sudfeld as primary receiving TE and Hoomamanmanamanmanamanahoomanmamananamamwanui as the primary blocking TE for the beginiing of the season.

Yeah, should be interesting to see how that all goes down. I'm hoping Studfeld shows up big enough the first couple weeks to where NE still includes him in the offense when Gronk returns.

I wouldn't be surprised if they brought one of them back after Week 1 so their contract would not be guaranteed, if nobody else picks them up.

Of course, a team like Miami could use a TE.

Back
Top Bottom