NFL 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the read. Another interesting thing is that I read a tweet the other day (for the life of me, I can't remember the reporter) that said that over 80% of the players polled said they'd prefer a concussion over an ACL injury. Not surprised.

Grossman. He's thrown a couple TDs for us this preseason. Surprisingly, he's not a lock for third string, which I say is a sign of a great crop of quarterbacks.

Reminder that this happened. Could be the peak of the 2013 season for Philly:

800462654.gif

Hell, I'm not sure we scored a touchdown against the Panthers when we played them. Good job.

I'm leaning towards taking Trent Richardson with the 9 if he's still there. I think he's a monster, poised for a big sophomore season.

And I like Steven Jackson with the 12. I've always admired his running style and his attitude. He's been stuck on a shit team for so long, and now he's running with a legit contender. Could be huge VALUE there in the second round.

My boy Forte will also be very tempting. He'll be a much bigger focus of the offense now that we aren't having plays called by Mike f'ng Tice.

Cleveland has a solid offensive line, but there's only so much you can do when teams know you're going to run. The Browns have an atrocious passing attack.

12 team league, standard rules for the most part. Comments/critique of my team?

(needless to say, yes, I am putting a lot of faith in the New England Patriots)

QB - Tom Brady
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Danny Amendola
RB - Stevan Ridley
RB - Darren Sproles
TE - Zach Sudfeld
WR/RB - Jordy Nelson

K - Adam Vinatieri
D/ST - San Francisco

BN - Antonio Gates
BN - T.Y. Hilton
BN - Danny Woodhead
BN - Joe Flacco
BN - Brian Hartline
BN - Darrius Heyward-Bey

I've been very high on the Pats for years now, so you'll get no complaints from me on that front.

They're such a fun team to watch on offense. And they're on TV all the time. And when you've got fantasy players to root for, it makes it even more fun. I don't mind watching them put up 40 points on a bunch of shitty AFC teams that I don't care about.

And Megatron is a can't miss pick. He'll be great for you, no doubt. Not huge on Sproles as a #2 RB. The bench is weak, but that's the case with almost all fantasy football teams.

12 team league, standard rules for the most part. Comments/critique of my team?

(needless to say, yes, I am putting a lot of faith in the New England Patriots)

QB - Tom Brady
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Danny Amendola
RB - Stevan Ridley
RB - Darren Sproles
TE - Zach Sudfeld
WR/RB - Jordy Nelson

K - Adam Vinatieri
D/ST - San Francisco

BN - Antonio Gates
BN - T.Y. Hilton
BN - Danny Woodhead
BN - Joe Flacco
BN - Brian Hartline
BN - Darrius Heyward-Bey

What pick did you have?

Shit, I gotta get going on fantasy. I'm finally going to be playing with another person I know this year. How exciting.

Heres my team. 11th out of 12 picks

QB RGIII
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Lamar miller
WR Dez Bryant
WR Randall Cobb
TE Gronkowski
Flex DeAngelo Williams
Def Denver
K Josh Brown

Bench
WR Sidney rice
WR Mike Williams
RB Jaquizz Rodgers
QB Phillip Rivers
TE Martellus Bennett
RB Jonathan Dwyer

Not the greatest team. Took a chance that Miller will perform in Miami, Gronk will get healthy, and RGIIi will stay healthy.

Winner gets $240 so at least theres some incentive for everyone to take it seriously.

Solid team. I think it's stronger than 7's team. No offense, 7.

Miller could have a big, breakout season, but I'm not sold yet. Probably won't touch him in my draft.

I like the Gronk gamble. With how low he is projected to go in most drafts, this could turn out to be a HUGE move for so many fantasy owners if he ends up back near 100%. Huge for the Patriots, too, obviously.

I like the RGIII pick. I'm liking all of the running QBs in fantasy this year. Definitely thinking about grabbing either RGIII, Kaepernick, or Newton in that 4th to 6th round range.

And D'angelo Williams looks like a better pick than he has been in recent years because of the status of J. Stewart.

Back
Top Bottom