NFL 2012: The Super Bowl and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
In which we discuss Tebow's MVP chances.

LuckyNumber7 said:
They were not up to par at all today. Come on now...

They were given a gimme when it mattered most in OT. Why would it matter if Pittsburgh is the league's best passing defense during the season if they're going to let stuff like that happen? It's irrelevant. In this game, they certainly played like the league's best nothing.

Were you were watching that handful of passes Tebow managed to connect on? On the first TD, the coverage was perfect. In addition, you aren't giving enough credit to the Broncos' receivers for getting separation when called upon. I saw every one of those completions, and there weren't a lot of gimmes throughout...I was extremely impressed by Tebow's throws and reads in spots. And, of course, there were numerous passes that were covered properly. The secondary was alright, not their best game, but the Broncos' offense stepped up.

If the Cowboys, God forbid, went 16-0, I couldn't blame the opponents for having an off game each time. I guess I could, but I'd be an asshole.

He faced nothing but one on one man coverage all day. Vick doesn't even get that many people stacked in the box. Pittsburgh gave Tebow zero respect as a passer, and got burned for doing so. Good in Tebow and fox for executing a good game plan, bad on the Steelers and Tomlin for getting vastly out coached, short handed or not.

Twitter has gone into meltdown. Still can't figure out if this guy is loved or hated, great or bad/lucky... he is a phenomenon though.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
He faced nothing but one on one man coverage all day. Vick doesn't even get that many people stacked in the box. Pittsburgh gave Tebow zero respect as a passer, and got burned for doing so. Good in Tebow and fox for executing a good game plan, bad on the Steelers and Tomlin for getting vastly out coached, short handed or not.

What gameplan would you have chosen then, to let the #1 rushing offense face a soft scheme and allow an inaccurate young passer gimme midrange throws all day long? The score would have been lower, but the result would have been the same.

The defensive line of the Broncos won them the game anyway. They shot holes through the Steelers all game long.

LemonMelon said:
What gameplan would you have chosen then, to let the #1 rushing offense face a soft scheme and allow an inaccurate young passer gimme midrange throws all day long? The score would have been lower, but the result would have been the same.

The defensive line of the Broncos won them the game anyway. They shot holes through the Steelers all game long.

They had zero protection over the top. Mark Sanchez could have gone deep on them. Stopping the run is one thing. Begging them to throw is another. He's a bad thrower by NFL standards, but it doesn't take an NFL qb to beat man coverage with no help.

To be fair? For most of the game it worked. They got burned on a few throws in the 2nd and the one in OT. Tebus was trash in quarters one three and four.

I agree... Denver's defense, as they have the entire Tebow run, won them the game.

Holy fuck, Tebow. The guy's just phenomenal, as previously said. And especially when the Broncos are just claiming victory against the Steelers, no offense to anyone in favor of Pittsburgh.

I'm just amazed. :drool:

Broncos QB took advantage of what was out there, so kudos to him. Reminds me a bit of the Saints/Seahawks game last year.....not necessarily the wild card connection, but because Saints DC Gregg Williams spent about the entire game inexplicably sitting in the same loose zone defense that Matt Hasselbeck just feasts on. There were a few weird curveballs tonight that helped amplify Broncos QB.

The secondary should have backed off. It must be impossible to see anything with all that glowing brilliance under center.

Should've flown to LV for your 21st then. Happy belated, by the way.

My friends back home got really into betting this year without consulting me. I could have really aided them.

Thanks, by the way. Wish I had the money for a Vegas trip.

I could go on for hours and hours about the idiocy of certain states' gambling laws. Four billion dollars is spent by Texans gambling in Louisiana a year. And that's obviously without betting on sports.

Holy fuck, Tebow. The guy's just phenomenal, as previously said. And especially when the Broncos are just claiming victory against the Steelers, no offense to anyone in favor of Pittsburgh.

I'm just amazed. :drool:

He'll be phenomenal when he wins the Super Bowl. Right now, he's a work in progress. The Tebowl ends in New England.

Headache. How do you feel about your boy JPP guaranteeing a victory at GB?

The Packers now have bulletin martial, not like they really need it.

Can't wait to see Woody Page on "Around the horn" tonight and sticking in the face at the rest of the panel.

:up:

Headache. How do you feel about your boy JPP guaranteeing a victory at GB?

The Packers now have bulletin martial, not like they really need it.

he said "we'll win"

:shrug: he didn't go out and yell to the heavens that he guarantees victory. he was asked if they'll win, and he said yes, they'l win.

"We know what's at stake, and we know it's one and done," Pierre-Paul said. "We aren't going to let that happen. We are going to go out there and give all our effort and we are going to walk away with a win.

he also said that they're "sure" they're gonna win.

fine... whatever. justin tuck also called the falcons offensive line a bunch of dirt bags. that didn't really propel their offense to new heights. the team that plays the best on sunday will win. it's a non story.

he said "we'll win"

:shrug: he didn't go out and yell to the heavens that he guarantees victory. he was asked if they'll win, and he said yes, they'l win.

he also said that they're "sure" they're gonna win.

fine... whatever. justin tuck also called the falcons offensive line a bunch of dirt bags. that didn't really propel their offense to new heights. the team that plays the best on sunday will win. it's a non story.

out of curiousity, how many players from the Giants' 2007 team are on this year's team.

i had mentioned yesterday about getting revenge on the 2007 NFCCG, but i think this may be more of a story for fans than players. i just went through the Packers roster and their team only has 12 players remaining from the 2007 squad, including a different starting QB.

this might end up being the most overblown and annoying storyline of the week.

i believe there are 14. eli, osi, tuck, jacobs, bradshaw, canty, tynes, blackburn, webster, a bunch of the O-linemen... that's all i can think of off hand. and tom coughlin's cheeks.

and if eli saying he believes he's a top quarterback can become a huge story, there's no doubt that this will be, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom