NFL 2012: The Super Bowl and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although, it's funny, many articles and commentators are indeed spinning this game as a rare example of defense trumping offense in the modern NFL. I would call it efficiency trumping inefficiency.

I was definitely impressed by the defense on both teams. Sure, not so much in the 4th quarter, but through the rest of the game? Sure. After all, who caused all the turnovers?

tebowing-pretzel-530x517-e1326579101271.jpg

Please smother with Mayo!

I love this! Pretzel Logic! :love:

I was sorry to see my man Drew Brees and the Saints lose, but that was a HELL of a game! :hyper:

Note to Tim Tebow: "Wecome to Big League, kid." :D

The worst part of this generally great day of football was watching Carlos Rogers smother the Saints' receiving corps. I really wanted to cry. It was the same with Brandon Lloyd all year. It made me realize the Skins have so many issues that extend beyond the front office, including coaching, that we can't resolve in an offseason. We really do suck ass/assorted genitalia, at a Lance's Momian level.

The 49ers do maybe give me hope that a solid, not necessarily great offense could get us to the playoffs next year though. Not that it's likely to happen in one year.

The Saints/49ers game was about as good as it gets. Good god. What a game. We were lucky to have watched that shit. So great.

And I'm for the Niners to win the Super Bowl, so it was even better.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. As a matter of fact, even after watching football for 15 years, I'd call it one of the better games I've ever seen.

It's important that there's a defense present in the Super Bowl, I'm certain of that.

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
You'll scream louder than you ever have though.

Have fun today. I'd say we could meet up, but I have to hang out with my dad before the game and actually act like I'm helping test the coaches' headsets. That's part of the deal. Lol

so tired of all the Tebow hysteria...

timtebow_diedformysins.png

Okay back to earth. Im hoping that Green Bay does to NYG what NE did to the Broncos last night. I'd love to see a 49ers/Packers NFC Championship Game.

so tired of all the Tebow hysteria...

timtebow_diedformysins.png

Okay back to earth. Im hoping that Green Bay does to NYG what NE did to the Broncos last night. I'd love to see a 49ers/Packers NFC Championship Game.

Glad to see Denver lose but doubt that the Tebow hysteria will competely die, at least for a while anyway. ESPN has shifted their storyline this morning to 'what's next for Tebow'. I'm thinking that what's next for him is trying to learn how to run an NFL offense without having to rely on gimmick plays, and hoping that Denver doesn't draft a real QB (Ryan Tannehill?).

As a Giants fan I'm glad to see you say you're 'hoping' that the Packers win today. Packers fans are all over the interwebs this morning announcing that the Pack will crush the Niners next week. Even the San Francisco Chronicle says in an article about the Niners win that the Niners will need their cold weather gear for Green Bay next week. I was starting to think I had blacked out and completely missed the Packers/Giants game.

catching up on the Hou/Bal game on my dvr,
that one handed catch in second quarter was great, and that whole drive was

I wonder what headache is doing right now. What is his pregame playoff ritual? Is he curled up in the fetal position somewhere? Is he listening to Mick Jagger solo albums?

Go...Houston? I guess?

I don't give a shit about either of these teams, so I guess I'm cheering for the underdog.

And Brian Cushing is funny.

If the 2nd State Farm commercial was Temple of Doom (sorry GAF), this new one is Superman III

haha, dude, dray.

Temple has a fucking kickass opening sequence (the whole poison/antidote thing is classic), a great and memorable sidekick for Indy (Short Round is a riot), some very iconic film images (the Thuggee cult, the heart being pulled out of the chest, the crazy snake and monkey brain dinner, etc.), and some legitimately thrilling action set pieces (the spike tunnel, the mine cart sequence/fight, the bridge sequence).

Awesome stuff.

3 is good, 7 would have been better

FUMBLE!!!

Blah! Nevermind

Eli had Greg Ballard open in the flat for a long time on third down. Also probably could have run for the first. Bah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom