NFL 2012: Playoffs? Playoffs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last word on the topic: Shanahan did apologize for leaving RG3 in at his press conference 20 minutes ago. He admitted that it was a mistake.

Are you listening to 980 too?

I picked up his comments half way through

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell

RG3 says that he would have gone right back on the field if Shanahan told him he was benching him. That it was a time to be a man.

wow

He says that now, and if that happened, I would have criticized Griffin. But Shanahan's time to be a man was halftime and he didn't step up.

That turf at FedEx blows.

With all of Snyder's money and considering the offense they want to run, they should commence installing field turf tomorrow.

and the ludicrous thing is it's injury concerns that ostensibly makes the FAKE TURF so illegitimate for any mature team to play on. Commentators only seem to grasp that a perfect grass field is better than a perfect field turf, and ignore what both are supposed to look like in the winter after months of play.

Hahaha RG3's comments are badass but completely moronic. Bless his heart. I'm glad he has no say in the matter.

Totally agree about the field, it was an embarrassment.

They're saying on twitter Seahawks DE Chris Clemons may have an ACL tear, his agent says a spike got caught in the turf.

They're saying on twitter Seahawks DE Chris Clemons may have an ACL tear, his agent says a spike got caught in the turf.

Yeah, there's no excuse for that field being in such bad shape.

PS. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you think this Clemons injury is to the Seahawks?

So RG3 MRI today?

Yep. No word yet. Obviously, I'll be back here the second I know anything.

RG3's tweets today have been amusing. Dude has pretty much been quoting Lombardi and Maximus Decimus Meridius non-stop for the past 12 hours. Apparently he's back in the weight room already.

PS. On a scale of 1-10, how important do you think this Clemons injury is to the Seahawks?

I admit to being only a casual fan

but I expect it matters a lot, the Falcons have a strong team and right now I expect they have the advantage. I would like to see the Seahawks win.
I'd like to see Wilson and Hawks in the Super Bowl. Don't know when we will have another chance for a rookie to be there.
(Johnny Football, perhaps if he is not in jail or worse.)

If the Packers host Seattle for the NFC Championship, I don't know that Golden "Showers" Tate makes it out of Green Bay alive.

Yep. No word yet. Obviously, I'll be back here the second I know anything.

Shanahan doesn't know anything yet either apparently.

But I think the difference right now is between "fucked" and "really fucked."

EDIT: "Really really fucked" might also be on the table. Tune in tomorrow!

Based on words that have actually been said by those closest to him, "inconclusive" is all we've got. The thought on the matter is that, in the case of players with prior injuries, it's protocol that they receive a full physical too. So he's going down to Florida tomorrow and we'll hear more then.

Shanahan only mentioned ACL and LCL, so I'm not sure where the PCL stuff is coming from. I'm guessing he'll miss preseason and limp back into 2013 the way he left it because he's a WARRIOR after all.

Well first of all why are you personalizing Week 3 so much on Golden Tate that you were rooting for his knee to get busted up before the game? The guy went up and caught a ball in the air.

Maybe you could extend your righteous vendetta against every WR that benefits from a cryptic PI call, or at least the one player this weekend that obstructed justice in a double-murder case. Or not.

Clemons's major impact/absence isn't going to be on the pass rush, I would assume, although he did tally 11.5 sacks. Bruce Irvin is there, and while 2 pass rushers is obviously better than 1, Irvin will still be there to be the point man.

Irvin as a rookie was a situational player, however, and substituted to avoid being ran at. With Clemons out, the team's going to be even weaker against the run with Irvin there full time. I really don't think that will be a difference maker against Atlanta, but I'm pretty sure that based on this injury, I think San Francisco would now be a scarier NFCCG opponent than Green Bay. Not that Green Bay would be easy, but because they don't have that one player like Gore that can feast, and Rodgers v. Sherman/Browner is a strength v. strength.

So, impact on Atlanta maybe a 2 or 3. Impact on a Green Bay matchup, a 4. Impact on SF, probably a 7 or 8 (with Lynch/Wilson being out a 10). I'd want to tweak the numbers after seeing how effective the guy behind Clemons is at pressuring Matt Ryan, but that's generally my impression.

ESPN is now saying partial tears of the ACL and LCL, which may mean no surgery.

I have had a partial tear of my PCL and an avulsion (where the ligament is pulled away from the bone) of my ACL, and neither one required surgery.

Yeah, it sounds like he could possibly be ready to go for training camp, which is absolutely fantastic news. Definitely best case scenario there, but certainly possible. He's getting it scoped tomorrow and will discuss with the Dr. whether surgery is necessary.

I'm hearing some shit rolling around Redskins Park today that RG3 was either misdiagnosed last month or that the severity of his injury was downplayed. This could make capgate seem like Candyland if true, and it explains why he never got significantly better. They already mishandled the concussion. Then again, some details I've heard about the conspiracy theory (ie: nobody knew except Snyder, RG3, Shanny and Bruce Allen) are completely absurd, so I wouldn't put much stock in it.

Well, I'm reading that my impression of Irvin on the run defense may be wrong. He was doing much more all-purpose defense in college than I was remembering, so he really was drafted as Clemons' heir apparent. If Irvin stumbles, it's probably because he just hasn't developed enough good moves yet. In short: I have no idea how Clemons' ACL will affect the Hawks, with a potential spectrum from "not much" to "important".

Well first of all why are you personalizing Week 3 so much on Golden Tate that you were rooting for his knee to get busted up before the game? The guy went up and caught a ball in the air.

Maybe you could extend your righteous vendetta against every WR that benefits from a cryptic PI call, or at least the one player this weekend that obstructed justice in a double-murder case. Or not.

My anger against Tate is based on how he handled the "Fail Mary" after the fact. He's still suggesting that he actually caught the ball, which is untrue. He should just step up and be a man and admit that they caught a break on that play. It's ok to admit it and move on. Instead he's looking foolish actually suggesting that the play was called correctly.

Per Adam Schefter, RG3 is getting LCL surgery only for now, later in the week (as a partial tear was reported yesterday, I'm assuming it wasn't a rupture, just a partial tear that needed some work). At that time it will be determined what, if anything needs to be done on the ACL. Sounds like what they saw on the MRI was the result of an old injury aggravated by the Seattle game.

No PCL damage at least. I think he'll be fine for week 1. :)

My anger against Tate is based on how he handled the "Fail Mary" after the fact. He's still suggesting that he actually caught the ball, which is untrue. He should just step up and be a man and admit that they caught a break on that play. It's ok to admit it and move on. Instead he's looking foolish actually suggesting that the play was called correctly.

"looking foolish". You're gabbing about pineapples and Golden "Showers" Tate and sure, fine, that certainly mocks the foolish.

let's go Redskins! Take out Golden "I caught it" Tate's knee!

That's a pretty shitty thing to root for.

Whatever, I mean you're one schlub talking on the internet and it's not like you have a chance to take out his knee. I'm sure you're a perfectly lovely person in real life.

...But it still bugs me.

Back
Top Bottom