NFL 2012 Part 2...undefeated Falco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its BS the NFL stole a home game from the Rams, if the Rams had dome field advantage they would have won that game

I'm a big fan of this NFL commercial where they insinuate that, if you're a woman, the amount of knowledge you have about football is directly correlated to how hot you are.

There was a version with a nerdy dude in place of a nerdy chick. Clay Matthews ate him.

Is Drew Brees in three different commercials right now?

A lot of DeAngelo Williams to Green Bay rumors flying around this morning. I doubt it happens though.

SJax short term, Williams long term.

SJax has been on the same crappy team for so long that I could see him playing huge if given the chance to play for a contender.

Who do you think works better in general with Green Bay's crappy blocking? My instinct was Jackson but, in all fairness, I've never watched Williams play much.

It would be a mutually good trade; the Packers would receive a missing piece in the backfield, and the Rams would be able to move toward filling MAJOR gaps in their WR corps, which is unbelievably awful. After the injury-prone Amendola, they have no one. Which means they currently have no one. And their line is terrible.

My father is a diehard Rams fan and has been wanting to trade Jackson for years now. His contract is simply too hefty considering how few pieces they have in place for their young QB, who admittedly isn't getting any younger.

Yeah, I agree that Jackson matches the Packers shitty run blocking better. Plus, he's a beast in the screen game, which would help keep pass rushers honest.

I see that the Pats are interested in Jackson. What the fuck?

"Aww yeah we put up 45 points this week, let's take on another massive contract on an offensive player!! Maybe we can win 61-60 every week!"

Fix the defense. It blows.

A lot of Packer fans are making similar arguments about the defense this year. LB and secondary help needed.

I'd rather have Jackson. This defense looks like a work in progress, similar to the 2009 season. Woodson will be back in a month. Hayward looks like he might be a rising star. Lots of interesting talent in House, McMillan and Lattimore. Sam Shields has plenty of talent and playmaking ability (though not really much consistency). Brad Jones seems to be working at ILB. At running back, the Pack's just kinda screwed, period.

Hmm, I do believe I'll leave the Packer's D in on my fantasy team after last night. They were just a bye week replacement,but how do you say no?

A lot of Packer fans are making similar arguments about the defense this year. LB and secondary help needed.

The Packer defense is more dynamic than the Pats' and less dynamic than their offense. At this point, it's almost entirely one-dimensional. It's a comparable, but not quite justifiable complaint.

They should get Jackson.

Yeah, the Packers D actually gets pressure on the QB this year. Run defense is a little suspect but has looked a little better in the last couple of weeks.

Jackson is the correct move to make.

Indeed. But I think the more we hope it's gonna happen, the more disappointe we're going to be. Packers were in the same position in 2010, and, with an opportunity to get Lynch, did nothing - although, in retrospect, that was the right non-move.

The throwbacks the Skins are wearing this weekend are as cool as Pittsburgh's were horrible:

RedskinsThrowbacks-small.jpg

How about that? Burgundy and gold! I wouldn't mind if they stuck with the Boston College look.

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- The St. Louis Rams say running back Steven Jackson is not available in a trade.
Coach Jeff Fisher did his best to quash persistent rumors, saying Tuesday that the Rams aren't shopping Jackson and have not been getting calls about him, either.
''The Steven Jackson rumors are rumors,'' Fisher said. ''He's our running back and we're not calling around, nor are we getting calls for that matter.
''Put that to rest.''

Yeah, I saw that last night. Disappointing for sure, though I'm still not really convinced Thompson would make that trade anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom