NFL 2012 - Eli has two rings edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is, from his position, impossible to justify. Not without making the the league appear corrput.

So he dodged the issue.

Then he accepted hearsay instead of digging any deeper into the bounty cases, all the while proclaiming player safety to be paramount.

Now the league is unwilling to throw the refs an extra $1 mil and a 401k while making the same claims?

I consider Michael Vick and Roger Goodell moral equals. At least Vick can feign ignorance though.

I'm not putting the blame only on Williams and Payton. I'm saying: how should I know who to put the blame on if the guy doling out the punishments won't show anyone the evidence?

That i agree on the lack of transparency on Goodell's part.But it doesn't hide the blood and fingerprint by everybody in the Saints organization from the GM to the players.

I'm certainly not trying to absolve the Saints. When I celebrated the overturning of the suspensions, it had nothing to do with whether or not they were guilty of the bounty program. It had everything to do with the bullshit from the league office.

I'm well aware that it's in the CBA. It doesn't make me respect Goodell more just because DeMaurice Smith did a shitty job in the negotiations. It simply should not exist in this manner.

I don't think I've ever seen Cam Newton play well. Every time I tune in to watch him he looks terrible.

This may not help GAF's effort to kick the habit:

Smokin' Jay Cutler

I can't explain to anyone why this tumblr is funny, necessarily, but I was seconds away from making this one my avatar:

tumblr_mad2vc4ybC1rge9rdo1_400.jpg

Anyway, RG3 kicks ass. Fuck Cam Newton and his 6-10 record last season. We'll crack 7-9, even with our 16th string defense playing now. We just nabbed a couple practice squad players to start Sunday :rockon:

On the whole Saints thing... you're both right. The Saints players deserve everything that comes their way, and it is absurd that one person has the power of judge, jury and executioner.

So you should direct your hate towards the people who gave that person said power... the players, when they failed to collectively bargain a better system for themselves.

Liking or disliking Goodell is besides the point on this one... the players complaining about Roger's power comes off as a bunch of whiny dopes. It wasn't as if Goodell hasn't acted like this his entire time as commissioner... so if the players really had an issue with the system, they should have said something about it, ya know, when they were collectively bargaining the system.

As for the skins and cowboys getting fined for not breaking any rules? Yea, it obviously was collusion. After all, Goodell, and the entire league office, work on behalf of all of the owners. So all of the owners made an agreement not to do something... the two league owners most likely to do it anyways did it anyways... with stunning success I might add... and the other owners were pissed over it, so they had their pit bull attack for them.

Is it collusion? Yea, it was. Should it probably have just been dropped, especially considering the spending over the cap didn't lead to any sort of success for either team? Yea, it should have been. But it wasn't, because the other owners, not Goodell personally, wanted it to be done. So it was.

The legality of it? Meh... shady at best. But it happened so it was obviously legal. But if I were a fan of either of those two teams, and thank god I'm not, I'd probably direct my hate towards those who you already sorta hate anyways, the Rooney's and the Mara's of the world. But not Rooney Mara. She's hot.

Bottom line is the league office, commissioner included, works on behalf of the league owners. They don't do anything without it first being the will of the group. All of Goodell's crackdowns on player behavior... the rule changes... the supposed emphasis on player safety? They're the ideas of the league owners, not of one man.

Oh... and comparing the Saints to the Penn State scandal is asinine. So whoever came up with that one? Yea... no.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I loathe John Mara for trying to get a competitive advantage set things straight, but I also hate Goodell for how he treated the situation at press conferences and the like.

If the Bengals lose this game, they're the worst team in the league. I think we're only first string at QB.

As awesome as RG3 has looked running the option, I still have to believe that it's an unviable long-term strategy due to the possibility of getting the QB killed.

I am watching that NFL Redzone channel. Kind of a weird way to watch, it's a bit like highlights, but it is live. Probably good for the low attention span society we are fast becoming.

speedracer said:
As awesome as RG3 has looked running the option, I still have to believe that it's an unviable long-term strategy due to the possibility of getting the QB killed.

Agreed. 6 sacks, 13 knockdowns? I lost count.

Our defense is a fucking joke, and the replacement refs make me even more violently ill. Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on...who? No interest in telling us? Just going to stick us with 15 for no specified reason? OK, that's cool.

Give the refs their extra million. Goodell has it in his wallet right now.

It was against the Rams, but I have to say that our defense looked awesome today. Very encouraging. Some of the younger, less experienced members of the front 7 look like they're figuring out how much fun it is to play alongside Peppers, Briggs, and Urlacher.

Hahahahahahahahaha

I would suggest icing the kicker be illegal, but that was too damn funny.

Sorz, 7.

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom