NFL 2012 - Eli has two rings edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the Patriots were overdue for a game like this, but WTF Gostkowski.

That was a bit of bullshit at the end of the Bucs-Giants game.

That was a catch, hit, and fumble. Watching it in slow motion made it look much more like a dropped pass because of the emphasis on the second half of the play. Watching it in real time... that was a catch.

Doesn't really matter though, Josh Freeman really knows how to throw interceptions. The dude is a real fool sometimes.

On another note, like I said last week... the Dolphins aren't nearly as bad as the Texans made them look (nor as they nearly as good as the Raiders made them look).

LuckyNumber7 said:
That was a bit of bullshit at the end of the Bucs-Giants game.

That was a catch, hit, and fumble. Watching it in slow motion made it look much more like a dropped pass because of the emphasis on the second half of the play. Watching it in real time... that was a catch.

Doesn't really matter though, Josh Freeman really knows how to throw interceptions. The dude is a real fool sometimes.

It's one of those strange gray area calls... if he dragged two toes in but then lost the ball going out of bounds, everybody would think it was an incomplete pass.

He gets two steps and doesn't hold on going out of bounds, everybody thinks its a catch.

I thought it was a catch as well, but the NFL should clarify the rule.

And bring back the real refs

Yeah, the refs in the Ravens/Eagles game were embarrassingly bad. Bunch of fuckin amateurs.

I enjoyed the game, though. And I like LeSean McCoy.

The only thing I'm thinking through that play is... I've seen that be called a fumble before. I understand how it could go both ways... I just don't understand how you reverse the call.

The refs have been pretty poor though, naturally. I wasn't too fond of that hit on Vincent Jackson. Say what you'd like, but even if you don't agree with the rule it should be called consistently. That was a nasty hit on a defenseless receiver.

On another note, like I said last week... the Dolphins aren't nearly as bad as the Texans made them look (nor as they nearly as good as the Raiders made them look).

Hard Knocks can be deceiveing...they played well today. What we can take from nearly 2 weeks thus far is Houston is the team to beat in the AFC if they stay healthy.

More like WTF Belichick/McDaniel for going into a shell with 46 seconds left at the AZ 23....that was incomprehensible.

I actually didn't think it was terrible. Pats had no timeouts and there was the possibility of being tackled inbounds. Plus the replacement refs might have spotted the ball slowly, called a bogus false start/illegal procedure penalty resulting in a runoff, etc.

Hey Shanny, when you ice the kicker, do it before the kick so he doesn't get a practice shot.

What a deflating loss. Oh well, I picked 8-8 for us this season and our offense finally looks legit. Next week is our home opener and should be great.

The embarrassing Patriots and Cowboys losses distract from ours anyway.

Really makes our week 1 win look far less impressive, especially in light of that embarrassing, sloppy performance yesterday.

But, again, there was hardly any consistency from week 1 to 2 for most teams, so I'm not too worried about it. Pats looked like shit, Packers looked great while the Bears' offense completely disappeared, Cowboys looked like shit, Jets looked like shit and so on. Lots of football left to play.

Its early but this season has the makings of the good old "parity" days of the NFL and we could have 20 or more teams finish at either 7-9, 8-8 or 9-7.

And right now (again quite early) looks like a Texans/49ers Super Bowl is on tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom