NFL 2012: AFC/NFC Championships and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Niners also had the option of taking a safety, with better field position for the resulting free kick

(and no ATL timeouts for the long FG)

Congrats San Francisco

Well, I wanted a good/fun game more than anything else, but, SF advancing pleases me....No matter who they play, it's more interesting to me than if Atlanta moved on.

Now I have to watch two teams I actively dislike go at it....who will I root for? I really do not know.......

Hook and no lateral isn't such a good play call there, methinks.

I don't hate the 49ers or anything, I just hate what they did to Alex Smith. A lot. That was wrong on a lot of levels and I wish it hadn't paid off like it did. It sends so many wrong messages and it's really frustrating to me.

That being said, I like the 49ers. Obviously they're not my favorite team, but I think football is more interesting when they're good. Of course I'm bitter about them beating my team. Regardless of that, I'm cool with them winning the Super Bowl, means we lost to the best once again.

Niners also had the option of taking a safety, with better field position for the resulting free kick

(and no ATL timeouts for the long FG)

Congrats San Francisco

Wouldn't ATL have the option to fair-catch the free kick and attempt like a 80 yard FG? Or is that just for punts?

Falcons were shut out in the second half

Matt Ryan takes his rightful place in the Peyton Manning Tier of Bored Sportswriter Criticism

I forgot how much I hated the Ravens when I moved out to Indiana.

But really, I despise their fanbase.

Wouldn't ATL have the option to fair-catch the free kick and attempt like a 80 yard FG? Or is that just for punts?

that's a good point, that's true. Wiki says Safeties are kicked from the 20 yard line.

really didn't have a dog in this fight, but congrats niners

the nfc was going to get my support in two weeks regardless

going to be a lot of hitting in this 2nd game.

Nice contribution from Randy Moss today. 3 for 3 catches, 45 yards.

If he does wind up getting a ring, at least he did something down the stretch to help earn it.

NE should easily handle the Ravens, this could be a one-sided game.

Typically I do not go for the underdog, that is what all the slubs do.

But in this game I would like to see Flacco and Ray Lewis go to the Super Bowl.
the only big turn off will be all the "pissin and moanin" about the coaches.
(they have the same mother)

This sucks. I was cheering for Alex Smith and the Niners strongly this time last season. Just can't stand Kaepernick or Harbaugh.

Crabtree may join that list soon.

Maybe that sunbeam curdled YOUR BRAIN.
IdH87Fy.gif
IdH87Fy.gif
IdH87Fy.gif
IdH87Fy.gif

Well, I wanted a good/fun game more than anything else, but, SF advancing pleases me....No matter who they play, it's more interesting to me than if Atlanta moved on.

Now I have to watch two teams I actively dislike go at it....who will I root for? I really do not know.......

Very happy the Niners will advance. Especially since I'm out here now. Much better game regardless of who they play.

I'm tired of the Patriots, but despise the Ravens so I'm rooting Tom Brady.

Out of curiosity, why do you not like him? He's done and said all the right things, he's a bright kid, he's been nothing but humble, he never panics....what do you have against him?

His performance rewards the play-first mindset that could potentially have destroyed RG3's career. Had Alex Smith done as RG3 did and lied to the staff to stay on the field, Kaepernick would be a backup. Whether intended or not, coaches encourage players to disregard their health.

His performance rewards the play-first mindset that could potentially have destroyed RG3's career. Had Alex Smith done as RG3 did and lied to the staff to stay on the field, Kaepernick would be a backup. Whether intended or not, coaches encourage players to disregard their health.

I'll be honest, this is a bizarre reply, I don't even know how to go about pointing out the problems here...but, sports are about passion and emotion and such and not necessarily logic, so, I'll just agree to disagree.....god knows I'm sure I say my share of weird crap on here.

are you for NE or Baltimore?

I have no opinion. I dislike the Ravens' fanbase, but I'm bored with the Patriots. I don't want them to start up the dynasty talk again. Whatever would make for a better Super Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom