NFL 2011, Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't stand the religious overtones brought into this. It drives me bat shit. Denver won because Pittsburgh had a shitty defensive scheme and a ton of injuries. Jesus had nothing to do with it.

i'm only kidding around when i bring God into it. tebow tries his best and he isn't an asshole. that's why i like him.

Give credit where credit is due, though -- Tebow played a fantastic game. Made good reads on the option all day and hit some difficult long throws. Sub-50% completion percentage isn't as bad when you only throw 21 times and the completions are all down the field.

speedracer said:
Give credit where credit is due, though -- Tebow played a fantastic game. Made good reads on the option all day and hit some difficult long throws. Sub-50% completion percentage isn't as bad when you only throw 21 times and the completions are all down the field.

Denver had a terrific game plan. They knew Denver was gonna play man coverage all day and stuff the box and took advantage of it... cause? Cause why the hell not.

Reality is we should have seen this coming... Pittsburgh was without its center, leading rusher, leading tackler, two d linemen went down in game, and ben was on one leg.

DRay9911 said:
i'm only kidding around when i bring God into it. tebow tries his best and he isn't an asshole. that's why i like him.

Yeah, ditto. He's got a modicum of NFL talent, but he's got the spark Denver needed to show some guts and confidence and start playing like they gave a damn. In that sense, he aided the team all around, in spite of the fact that their offense is a sorry 23rd.

No reason to expect them to beat the Pats, but they could easily put up 30 next week, and we all know Denver has a solid defense. Should be interesting.

And seriously, fuck the Steelers. Asshole of a QB, and their dynasty has dulled the league for too long now. If they don't win another game for a few years (save NFC East games), I won't bat an eye. They weren't that great this year and hobbled into a game against a more passionate team.

378522_297859110265977_100001256702870_970984_1004928910_n.jpg

The league's best passing defense? Yeah, that's nothing.

They were not up to par at all today. Come on now...

They were given a gimme when it mattered most in OT. Why would it matter if Pittsburgh is the league's best passing defense during the season if they're going to let stuff like that happen? It's irrelevant. In this game, they certainly played like the league's best nothing.

I thought it would be closer to a Pirates/Rockies score, but yeah, definitely expected a rare win for the Pirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom