NFL 2010 Part Two (Shotgun) 6 - J. Cutler sacked at CHI 22 for -9 yards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my lead over space coyotes is down to 49 points

:panic:

I am sporting quite the Danny Woodhead right now.

it's ok. only 994 posts to go before there's a new thread

Let this be a lesson to you to not be logged off when post #1000 hits the old thread.

Or you could ask a mod to change the title of the thread. Either way is cool.

Ha, no, it's all good.

The title could be some strong motivation for any Bears offensive linemen that happen to frequent this part of the forum.

Ha, no, it's all good.

The title could be some strong motivation for any Bears offensive linemen that happen to frequent this part of the forum.

How can you concentrate on football when U2 is performing material from their Spiderman musical LIVE?

"Boy Falls From The Sky" was in fact written about Dick Wood. Or, maybe it was his former teammate Nick Adenhart. I can't remember.

Seriously though, Mike Martz : quarterbacks :: Joe Torre : setup relievers.

Glazer: Vikings, Patriots talking trade for Moss | ProFootballTalk.com

Glazer: Vikings, Patriots talking trade for Moss
Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2010 7:55 PM ET
Well, Bill Simmons was right.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the Vikings and the Patriots are working on a trade that would send receiver Randy Moss back to Minnesota, the place where his career began.

Glazer reports that the deal, which is close, hinges on the Vikings working out terms of a new contract with Moss, who is signed through 2010.

Ironically, the Vikings were widely believed to have a deal in place with receiver Vincent Jackson, but that they couldn't work out the terms of a trade.

Stay tuned.

Unless Adrian Peterson is the other side of the deal, this better be an early April Fool's joke.

To hell with you Patriots (just kidding lol). I was at MNF last night. Torture. To outplay NE, hold Brady to 1 TD, and hold Moss catchless while still managing to lose by 30some odd points is absolute torture.

I think last night was an underline of the value of special teams.

Im not sure if either of you guys really mean that... but I would never do Allen or Peterson from a Viking perspective.

And if you were kidding... sarcasm doesnt translate well on the internet :/

Im not sure if either of you guys really mean that... but I would never do Allen or Peterson from a Viking perspective.

And if you were kidding... sarcasm doesnt translate well on the internet :/

Both deals would be ludicrous for the Vikings.

The current reports have Moss going for a 3rd round pick, which is just as terrible for the Patriots -- trading Moss means punting away a real shot at a Super Bowl during Tom Brady's prime, which makes me think that this is all some elaborate plot by Bill Belichick to break the Internets.

What game did you go to?

First half... the Pats were shut down twice at the goal line. The only thing they had going for them was a running game. The Dolphins had everything going well. Second half... special teams fell apart for the Dolphins. Regardless, Henne, even with interceptions, was still playing a better game than Brady was because he was actually moving his offense down the field.

Once that score became 20-7, it was apparent the game was pretty much over. You had a disheartened Miami team... and a QB waiting to make mistakes from that point on out. With the little signs of life... everything fell back on their face again with the blocked kick TD.

Everything after that point (27-14) was adding insult to injury.

The Dolphins put up 14 points, and pretty much gave up at that point. The Patriots had 21 points of 41 in the game completely credited to Miami's atrocious Special Teams performance last night.

There's no way you can say that Henne played a better game than Brady when he throws three interceptions. I understand your point that he was moving the Dolphins down the field more, but you can't simply take interceptions out of the equation. Those INTs were killers, as much as the special team play was.

As for Moss, it sounds like just a 3rd round pick because the Vikes can't come to an agreement on a longer deal, which is understandable, but from a Patriots point of view, ridiculous. Simply having Moss on the field makes a huge difference; it doesn't matter if he only has 9 catches so far this year. His mere presence opens up the field to Welker and the others. Belichick is taking a major leap of faith in the offense if this goes through. The question is, will it be more like the Patriots of '01-'04 with no-name receivers that got the job done, or more like '06 when Brady carried the whole team on his back through the whole season, despite having players like Caldwell and Gabriel.

I have my doubts.

First half... the Pats were shut down twice at the goal line. The only thing they had going for them was a running game. The Dolphins had everything going well. Second half... special teams fell apart for the Dolphins. Regardless, Henne, even with interceptions, was still playing a better game than Brady was because he was actually moving his offense down the field.

Once that score became 20-7, it was apparent the game was pretty much over. You had a disheartened Miami team... and a QB waiting to make mistakes from that point on out. With the little signs of life... everything fell back on their face again with the blocked kick TD.

Everything after that point (27-14) was adding insult to injury.

The Dolphins put up 14 points, and pretty much gave up at that point. The Patriots had 21 points of 41 in the game completely credited to Miami's atrocious Special Teams performance last night.

A. Special Teams are part of the game, you sound like Kordell Stewart trying to argue that the Dolphins were the better team.

2. The fact that the Dolphins gained more yards than the Pats is directly attributed to the fact that the Pats' scored 3 times without the offense touching the ball, thus putting the Dolphins' offense right back on the field and the Pats' offense not getting a drive.

Third. If one were to buy your argument that the 21 points the Pats put up on special teams and defense don't count as to who played better, and also give the Dolphins the 3 points from the blocked FG, the final score would have been Pats 20, Dolphins 17.

Miami in no way outplayed NE Monday night. You could argue that they outplayed them in the 1st quarter, but thats pretty much it...and there's a reason why games are 4 quarters.

Back
Top Bottom