NFL 2010 Part Two (Shotgun) 6 - J. Cutler sacked at CHI 22 for -9 yards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
despite the fact that he's a polarizing figure, he's still beloved by a large number of people... most importantly by the media, who love him. if he starts to become a villain in the eyes of the media? while losing a ton of games and getting the shit beat out of him?

yea... he'll walk away mid-season. what better way to make it all about favre? and when it comes down to it that's all that over-rated piece of trash is about... himself.

oh, the new york tabloids...

back101210.jpg
front101210.jpg

pssst... they're talking about his penis.

Which is the biggest disappointment so far:

Saints (3 wins against a combined 1-14)
Cowboys (not that anyone should have expected anything from them Wade in the first place)
The NFL in general (the Steelers are #1 on the ESPN power rankings right now)
Vikings (Brett Favre)
Brett Favre (self-explanatory)
Brett Favre's penis (waiting for a Letterman top 10 on this topic, which is rather popular in Ashburn, VA)

Good Lord. Every year, I get at least two god awful trade proposals in my Fantasy League.

Yeah, I'm REALLY thinking about trading Chris Johnson for Brandon Jacobs and the Broncos D. Thanks for that offer.

Did anyone see that shot to the groin Favre took in practice yesterday? I don't think you can script anything more fitting.

The NFL in general. It seems like every team is somewhere between "above average" and "blows" this year.

so what's the difference between this year and every other year of the salary cap era?

parity doesn't just mean that every team has a chance... it also means some pretty shitty football.

right now there's about 7 teams that i could see winning the super bowl, and every one of them has some serious issues..

afc: steelers, ravens, jets, colts
nfc: falcons, saints, giants

Has anyone thought that players are getting hurt a whole lot more? Even in college too. Maybe i've just seen too many packer games this year, but it really feels like every game just gets drawn out with injuries.

tough to get a good flow of the game going because nearly every other play there is a player down and we cut to commercial. I just find this years football very difficult to watch because of the constant breaks in action.

maybe it's always been this bad, or i'm just getting older and cranky (or guess it's both)

Has anyone thought that players are getting hurt a whole lot more? Even in college too. Maybe i've just seen too many packer games this year, but it really feels like every game just gets drawn out with injuries.

tough to get a good flow of the game going because nearly every other play there is a player down and we cut to commercial. I just find this years football very difficult to watch because of the constant breaks in action.

maybe it's always been this bad, or i'm just getting older and cranky (or guess it's both)

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm a Packer fan as well, and I've been wondering to what extent this injury epidemic is just "bad luck." Is that all there is to it? Is there any point where McCarthy or Thompson goes to the training/conditioning staff and says "What the hell?"

And you're right. Games are getting drawn out miserably. Injuries don't help, but why do I have to endure several minutes of commercials after every kickoff? How does a routine timeout in the middle of the third quarter end up taking 5 minutes? The flow of games themselves is just frustrating.

so what's the difference between this year and every other year of the salary cap era?

parity doesn't just mean that every team has a chance... it also means some pretty shitty football.

right now there's about 7 teams that i could see winning the super bowl, and every one of them has some serious issues..

afc: steelers, ravens, jets, colts
nfc: falcons, saints, giants
I'd say there's usually at least a pretty clear first tier in a normal year. This year, I really don't feel like I can say the same.

eh, i think there is... pittsburgh and baltimore.

but i know what you're saying... but i think even those "elite" teams in the past few years, the colts, pats, etc, all had obvious glaring weaknesses, which you can't say about the elite teams of the pre-salary cap era.

heck, the giants chances of a repeat were derailed by sweatpants and a glock.

the elite teams of the pre-salary cap era could, in many cases, survive the loss of their starting quarterback and still compete, and win, a super bowl... the 49ers, the giants, the undefeated dolphins. the only way that could happen in today's NFL is if they have a QB in waiting who just happens to be a shit load better than anyone ever thought, like in the case of the Pats.

the salary cap = no depth = one or two injuries away from your season being over. just look at the steelers last year.

eh, i think there is... pittsburgh and baltimore.

but i know what you're saying... but i think even those "elite" teams in the past few years, the colts, pats, etc, all had obvious glaring weaknesses, which you can't say about the elite teams of the pre-salary cap era.

heck, the giants chances of a repeat were derailed by sweatpants and a glock.

the elite teams of the pre-salary cap era could, in many cases, survive the loss of their starting quarterback and still compete, and win, a super bowl... the 49ers, the giants, the undefeated dolphins. the only way that could happen in today's NFL is if they have a QB in waiting who just happens to be a shit load better than anyone ever thought, like in the case of the Pats.

the salary cap = no depth = one or two injuries away from your season being over. just look at the steelers last year.
My first hand feel of the NFL dates back to about 2000, so I might be just too damn young. A whippersnapper, if you will.

As many flaws as there are with the salary cap, I'd hate to see it lifted. I don't want to see the NFL turn into the steaming pile of crap that Major League Baseball has become.

Back
Top Bottom