NFL 2010 Part Two (Shotgun) 6 - J. Cutler sacked at CHI 22 for -9 yards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean, huge win for the Browns and all, very impressive and a huge shock, but, as for MCoy:

9-16, 74 yards, 0 ints, 0 TD's.

So, yeah.

But, a win is a win.

Aaron Smith might be done for the season. The Steelers are pretty thin on the D-line to begin with, and losing their best lineman does not help.

This Patriots-Chargers game is so much fun. The Chargers are twice as talented as the Pats, and they're down 20-3.

The refs were not sure who recovered but you are?

Really? You're going to draw that card?

1. Challlenge determined that the call on the field was incorrect.
2. Thus the ball was determined as a loose ball. As according to the new ruling (rather than the original call) the ball no longer belongs to Pittsburgh.
3. There is no reason from this point on that the Pittsburgh Steelers get the benefit of the doubt. You cant draw the 'there needs to be indisputable evidence' card because the challenge wasnt on who recovered the fumble, it's whether it was a fumble or not.

Once the call was overturned, the referees are obliged to make a judgement call on who recovered the ball. The call on the field was overturned, there's nothing that warranted Pittsburgh keeping the ball.

If there was to be a judgement on who recovered the ball... I'd say it was a good 80-20 in favor of Miami. Scratch that... it was definitely a Miami recovery considering a Dolphin landed on the ball and a Dolphin came away with the ball. Dont tell me they couldnt tell, it was obvious who had the ball.

The only thing making it questionable would've been if Roethlisberger could've grabbed the ball in the endzone (which by the way he tried to tell the referee that) even though after watching the video he was clearly sitting on his ass.

Dolphins almost certainly had it. But again, fucking technicalities, man. Refs made the logical, if conservative call.

Dolphins almost certainly had it. But again, fucking technicalities, man. Refs made the conservative call.

Exactly, it wasnt a referee error so much as the referees being all technical. At first I thought it was an error, but then I read this:

Referee Gene Steratore told Tony Sparano that the Dolphins clearly recovered, but needed serious video evidence to determine who recovered...

Alama-Francis, Crowder, and Dansby all say referees told them on field that Miami recovered football in very clear and different ways.

You cannot say 'they didnt know'. It was beyond obvious who recovered the ball. Which is BS. I dont know how walking away with the ball doesnt constitute serious video evidence, however.

Really? You're going to draw that card?

1. Challlenge determined that the call on the field was incorrect.
2. Thus the ball was determined as a loose ball. As according to the new ruling (rather than the original call) the ball no longer belongs to Pittsburgh.
3. There is no reason from this point on that the Pittsburgh Steelers get the benefit of the doubt. You cant draw the 'there needs to be indisputable evidence' card because the challenge wasnt on who recovered the fumble, it's whether it was a fumble or not.

Once the call was overturned, the referees are obliged to make a judgement call on who recovered the ball. The call on the field was overturned, there's nothing that warranted Pittsburgh keeping the ball.

If there was to be a judgement on who recovered the ball... I'd say it was a good 80-20 in favor of Miami. Scratch that... it was definitely a Miami recovery considering a Dolphin landed on the ball and a Dolphin came away with the ball. Dont tell me they couldnt tell, it was obvious who had the ball.

The only thing making it questionable would've been if Roethlisberger could've grabbed the ball in the endzone (which by the way he tried to tell the referee that) even though after watching the video he was clearly sitting on his ass.

Thanks for explaining all of that to me!

Just looking at the stats.

How is it possible that Welker doesn't have a catch today? Did he get hurt or somethin?

i gave up on the chargers years ago after not being able to beat the patriots in the playoffs.

and rivers is a bitch too

Thanks for explaining all of that to me!
I'll assume that's sarcasm, but anyways:
The refs were not sure who recovered but you are?

Referee Gene Steratore told Tony Sparano that the Dolphins clearly recovered, but needed serious video evidence to determine who recovered...

Alama-Francis, Crowder, and Dansby all say referees told them on field that Miami recovered football in very clear and different ways.

Dude, let me be clear (Not talking to Headache, cos I'd not call him "dude" I'd call him something much....so very much worse):

I don't fucking care.

This shit happens to every team at some point, today it was you. I could rattle off all sorts of times the Steelers were victimized by questionable calls (which you wouldn't give 2 shits or a fuck about), and I could also point out times the Steelers were the beneficiary. Shit happens.

You had the ball after the Steelers kicked their FG and didn't do a fucking thing with it, so, seriously, tough shit, go get' em next week, and none of that is sarcasm.

it's time for bill belichick to move upstairs and let someone else coach. his ego has gotten in the way of making rational thought. they're fortunate that san diego is a bunch of fuck ups and got that false start penalty. 5 yards closer and that ball is through the uprights.

I think going for it on 4th-and-1 from midfield up 3, 2:00 left and the Chargers holding 3 timeouts was incorrect because getting the first down doesn't ice it and because 30 extra yards is helpful when you have to defend the entire field (as opposed to being up 6 when you only have to defend the end zone). I don't think going for it is a huge mistake though.

In contrast, going for it on 4th-and-2 last year was correct, and by a pretty big margin.

Just looking at the stats.

How is it possible that Welker doesn't have a catch today? Did he get hurt or somethin?

1. No Moss means that Welker gets smothered in coverage.

2. San Diego is actually a really good football team when they're not committing stupid penalties, turnovers or failing epically on special teams.

I think going for it on 4th-and-1 from midfield up 3, 2:00 left and the Chargers holding 3 timeouts was incorrect because getting the first down doesn't ice it and because 30 extra yards is helpful when you have to defend the entire field (as opposed to being up 6 when you only have to defend the end zone). I don't think going for it is a huge mistake though.

In contrast, going for it on 4th-and-2 last year was correct, and by a pretty big margin.

yea... but now that's twice. awful, awful, awful, awful decision making in crucial parts of the game. if the chargers were down more than 3, okay... i can see it. still wouldn't do it, but i can see it. but to risk putting them that close to field goal range?

just an absolutely terrible call, and the pats were made incredibly lucky by the fact that the chargers are a bunch of pansy ass choke artists.

1. No Moss means that Welker gets smothered in coverage.

2. San Diego is actually a really good football team when they're not committing stupid penalties, turnovers or failing epically on special teams.

no moss means welker can't get open, and is fucking my fantasy team.

and no, san diego isn't a good team. they're a talented team, but they're not a good team. they're terribly coached.

Dude, let me be clear (Not talking to Headache, cos I'd not call him "dude" I'd call him something much....so very much worse):

I don't fucking care.

This shit happens to every team at some point, today it was you. I could rattle off all sorts of times the Steelers were victimized by questionable calls (which you wouldn't give 2 shits or a fuck about), and I could also point out times the Steelers were the beneficiary. Shit happens.

You had the ball after the Steelers kicked their FG and didn't do a fucking thing with it, so, seriously, tough shit, go get' em next week, and none of that is sarcasm.

I think most people understand that the game doesn't come down to one play. For example, the Dolphins could have scored td's instead of fg's on their first two scoring drives...but they didn't. oops. To blame the entire game on one call is always ridiculous to me.

Unless it's the Detroit Tigers and a guy named Gallaraga. That's different...

The Bears looked great today...

GAF, I love your new avatar pic.

I think most people understand that the game doesn't come down to one play. For example, the Dolphins could have scored td's instead of fg's on their first two scoring drives...but they didn't. oops. To blame the entire game on one call is always ridiculous to me.

Unless it's the Detroit Tigers and a guy named Gallaraga. That's different...

The Bears looked great today...

GAF, I love your new avatar pic.

:up:

i'm really dreading tonight. is Favre going to light the Packers up tonight? i think probably.

Back
Top Bottom