NFL 2010 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the Packers and Bears are about equal: pretty good, not quite great. However, one team is playing with a lot more fire than the other did, and this is the result. The Bears didn't want to freeze their balls off last week and they played as if they left them at home.

The Packers' defense has been kicking ass lately. Shame that they don't have the running game to dominate right now.

Brady chose the wrong day to not give Welker the ball in the end zone :(

3rd year in a row now my fantasy team ranks #1 in my league and gets knocked out in the first round.

I got my ass kicked in the play-offs. This is the first year I've done fantasy though, so I'm not too upset.

I'm still praying for a miracle.

As much as it pains me to say it, I want NE to have a beastly drive. Or just a single catch for 90 yards for Welker for a TD. That'd be awesome.

Holy crap defense, it takes you until this point in the game to finally to put up a stop. Flynn did a great job, but the Pats defense also turned this into a heartstopper.

I really dont like how they're sitting there calling it inexperience (in the sense that Flynn didn't know what was needed to be done)

It's not like he's never played football. He knew the clock was running.... he knew what needed to be done. He just couldn't do it.

Well ain't that a bitch... I just lost in the fantasy league I care about most because Flynn got sacked on that last play. :sigh: If he throws it...I win and go to the championship.

My hatred of the Packers just moved up another notch. Bear Down!

Everyone notices the large number of passing yards the Patriots give up, but a lot of that is from teams desperately trying to catch up (which also leads to lots of interceptions). An offense that runs the ball well is more dangerous to the Patriots, which is part of the reason why I think the Giants are the worst NFC team for them (along with the fact that they can rush the passer without blitzing or sacrificing run defense).

I really dont like how they're sitting there calling it inexperience (in the sense that Flynn didn't know what was needed to be done)

It's not like he's never played football. He knew the clock was running.... he knew what needed to be done. He just couldn't do it.

The other ten guys certainly didn't help him out by taking their time.

Everyone notices the large number of passing yards the Patriots give up, but a lot of that is from teams desperately trying to catch up (which also leads to lots of interceptions). An offense that runs the ball well is more dangerous to the Patriots, which is part of the reason why I think the Giants are the worst NFC team for them (along with the fact that they can rush the passer without blitzing or sacrificing run defense).

Agreed, but let's remember that the Patriots are missing Brace, Pryor, and Wright up front. Get those guys back, and I think they do better against the run.

New%20England%20Patriots%20Logos.gif

Also, pretty terrible by Mike McCarthy to kick a FG from the 1 when up 24-21.

Also, pretty terrible by Mike McCarthy to kick a FG from the 1 when up 24-21.

I believe they would have won the game had they punched it in there. Brady was already looking uncomfortable, and settling there more or less sealed their fate anyway.

Agreed with the above two posts.

I was all like "Oh, they're just gonna kick a field goal here? Sweet."

of all weeks for my team to shit the bed

steelers defense
jones drew
dan carpenter (missing 4 field goals)

and a special fuck you to tom cable for having michael bush score twice from the 1 instead of giving it to mcfadden

I guess we're all in the same boat for fantasy football hmm? Of course the one week my opponent's team decides to do shit-all, he has Michael Vick to recover from that trash.

Furthermore, I'd love to rant about how a gametime decision for thursday's game (Antonio Gates) did not play. Except Yahoo fantasy sports is so cool, it locks my TE position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom