NFL 2009-2010: Part The Second

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say you need to take your own advice, AnnRKey, but please don't play again or keep trying.

Uhhh no need to get nasty, it was just a joke! You know like when you scratch off a contest cup at Burger King and it says 'sorry this cup is not a winner please try again'? That's it. I am sorry Girlsaloudfan I hope you didn't take it as being mean. I think it's cool your friend knew the guy. :)

Jonathan Wilhite is useless.
toast.png

I'd say Brees pretty much sewed up MVP last night. On the big stage, huge game.

I'd almost like to see an 18-0 Colts play an 18-0 Saints in the Super Bowl just to see Mercury Morris' head explode on national TV during the pregame.

I'd almost like to see an 18-0 Colts play an 18-0 Saints in the Super Bowl just to see Mercury Morris' head explode on national TV during the pregame.

almost????

it would be the game of the NEWMANIUM

-dan

As an Eagles fan, this is what I'd like to see right now seeing as how the Eagles won't be in the Super Bowl.

Uhhh no need to get nasty, it was just a joke! You know like when you scratch off a contest cup at Burger King and it says 'sorry this cup is not a winner please try again'? That's it. I am sorry Girlsaloudfan I hope you didn't take it as being mean. I think it's cool your friend knew the guy. :)

we haven't seen your kinda nonsensical rantings since... since...

01_bono_lgl.jpg

no-bonsai-kitten.jpg

manningcommercial.JPG

ret_roof.gif

:hmm:

Yeah almost, as a Pats fan, I'd still prefer to see the Pats beat the Colts in the AFC title game rendering them 17-1, and then beat the Saints in the Super Bowl rendering them 18-1.

This. Though I would still be really excited if the Saints won the SB and took a championship back to New Orleans.

A no-lose matchup for me.

What I don't want to see is Vikings-Colts. Vikings-Pats could work, as seeing Brady & Co. shutting Favre down once and for all would be pretty sweet, though I'd be nervous as hell watching that game. Above all else, I do NOT want Favre getting another ring.

i would still barf if the Vikings won the Super Bowl with Tavaris. i hate the Vikings and everything they stand for. i really do.

no worries though, karma will come back to bite Favre in the ass when the Pack ends his career in the playoffs.

It is really looking like they'll both finish the regular season 16-0. The Colts, especially, don't have any scary games left on the schedule. The Saints play the Cowboys, but it's at home. And last night was a great example of what they can do at home in a big game.

As for the playoffs, I have no idea. Would love to see another Colts/Pats game, though.

no worries though, karma will come back to bite Favre in the ass when the Pack ends his career in the playoffs.

Do you mean you think the Pack will end his career in the playoffs via injury or just by beating them? Because with those young weapons around him (A.P, Harvin, Rice, etc.), don't you think Favre will be coming back next year? I do.

just by beating him. i guess he could come back next year. that's for the Vikings to worry about, haha! hopefully they'll get their answer by training camp.

I don't think we are going to see a late season meltdown by Favre this time. This Vikings team is just too good.

I can, however, easily see one of his infamous interceptions against the Saints in the NFC Championship game.

Right now, based on recent play, you have to think that the four teams most likely to meet on Championship Weekend will be the Vikings, Saints, Colts, and Chargers. Depending on the seeding in the AFC, if the Patriots meet the Bengals in the Divisional Round, thereby forcing the Colts and Chargers to battle at that point, then I could see the Patriots making it that far.

i would still barf if the Vikings won the Super Bowl with Tavaris. i hate the Vikings and everything they stand for. i really do.

maybe by the time the playoffs come around, the mysterious 4th new jersey show will be announced and i'll need a new quote.

-dan

I don't think we are going to see a late season meltdown by Favre this time. This Vikings team is just too good.

I can, however, easily see one of his infamous interceptions against the Saints in the NFC Championship game.

If the Vikings' coaching staff has any brains, they'll run the ball ~70% of the time against NO.

I'm waiting on a post about Tom Brady being a manwhore and Peyton Manning being a loving, married man.

I prefer the "Tom Brady's voice is annoying and Peyton has better hair" argument.

Being a lifelong Vikings fan means knowing they will blow it BIG in the NFC championship - which looks like it will take place the SUPERdome.

Living in Indy for the last four NFL seasons, I predict the Colts will lose at home in the AFC semis (or whatever the fuck they are called).

If the Vikings win the Super Bowl, I will lose my faith in humanity.

:huh: I don't understand that comment and it's not because I'm a native Minnesotan and they're my team. Care to elaborate? If it's because of Favre then fine whatever. But if you take him and his ridiculous behavior over his retirement out of the equation then I'm not sure I understand your comment.

That's my only problem with the Vikings winning. Up until this season, they've been my favorite NFC Central team my entire life, and I'm from Chicago.

:huh: I don't understand that comment and it's not because I'm a native Minnesotan and they're my team. Care to elaborate? If it's because of Favre then fine whatever. But if you take him and his ridiculous behavior over his retirement out of the equation then I'm not sure I understand your comment.

i would assume it's because of Favre. i felt that way about the Vikings already, but adding Favre only feuled it more. i've always hated the Vikings. i think they're a classless organization. i hate Chris Carter. i hate (THE) Robert Smith. i hate purple, and i'll still hate them when they're playing in L.A. :D

Yeah, it's definitely Favre. I want him to fail in every football-related effort he makes. I do respect his ability to overcome crappy, overplayed classic rock staples to successfully hawk jeans, however.

i would assume it's because of Favre. i felt that way about the Vikings already, but adding Favre only feuled it more. i've always hated the Vikings. i think they're a classless organization. i hate Chris Carter. i hate (THE) Robert Smith. i hate purple, and i'll still hate them when they're playing in L.A. :D

well you wear foam cheese on your head and drink Miller beer so I'm not surprised you feel that way. I felt that way about Favre for 17 years so the fact that I'm forced to cheer for him now every Sunday is just totally strange. The Packers suck and I enjoy watching your quarterback take a beating every week.

So the Vikings are classless because they wanted Favre but the Packers aren't classless by the way they got rid of him? I think it could go both ways here....

And the Vikings are not moving to LA! :madwife: :sad:

well you wear foam cheese on your head and drink Miller beer so I'm not surprised you feel that way. I felt that way about Favre for 17 years so the fact that I'm forced to cheer for him now every Sunday is just totally strange. The Packers suck and I enjoy watching your quarterback take a beating every week.

So the Vikings are classless because they wanted Favre but the Packers aren't classless by the way they got rid of him? I think it could go both ways here....

And the Vikings are not moving to LA! :madwife: :sad:

i don't wear cheese on my head, and i prefer gin.

i think they're a classless organization. i hate Chris Carter. i hate (THE) Robert Smith. i hate purple, and i'll still hate them when they're playing in L.A. :D

Chris Carter was a great Philadelphia Eagle.

THE Robert Smith was all about class. More class than Bart Starr or any Packer could ever have.

And I am sure you will hate the Minnesota Vikings when they have to visit the Los Angeles Chargers or Los Angeles Jaguars.

And outside of Western Wisconsin, I always thought that the true NFC Central rivalry was Chicago/Green Bay - not Minnesota/Green Bay.

I can understand the Favre hatred/disliking. I was not to hip on the whole thing in the first place. He should not have waffled so much. But, I have rationalized it this way: IF the Packers were able put together a solid offensive line, young receivers and a decent running game, maybe Favre would still be the Lambeau savior. It seems as if he still has it.

i never really hated Robert Smith until he started doing the College shit on ESPN. he's just a smug bastard. i wouldn't mind punching him in THE face.

I can understand the Favre hatred/disliking. I was not to hip on the whole thing in the first place. He should not have waffled so much. But, I have rationalized it this way: IF the Packers were able put together a solid offensive line, young receivers and a decent running game, maybe Favre would still be the Lambeau savior. It seems as if he still has it.

The Packers have very good receivers and a good defense; they just don't have the offensive line, and obviously they weren't going to be serious contenders for the balance of Favre's career, which of course is the whole reason they needed to start developing Aaron Rodgers.

This is purely hypothetical, but I don't think there would be nearly as much acrimony if Favre hadn't appeared to be trying to make a point of sticking it to his old team (even keeping in mind that Minnesota is a very good fit for him and that he was quite likely to end up there one way or another).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom