NFL 2009-10: Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, definitely not. i believe Mr. Rodgers will be in the thick of the MVP race this year.

well i will say this much, Favre got injured at Texas Stadium on a thursday night game two years ago and A Rog had to come in and take his place. The Cowboys were already up i think 3 scores and he got them within 3 points or something like that. Though Dallas ended up winning that game, he looked pretty sharp. Not sure what happened to him last year because honestly i only watched one Packer game.

Aaron Rodgers may not be in the top ten at this moment, but I could easily see him there by the end of the season.

I typically like to see at least two good seasons before I deem someone to be the real deal. So, yeah, top 10 right now is debatable, I guess, but if he repeats last season's performance, he's in.

4038 yards, 28 touchdowns, and 13 picks got him the #6 passer rating on the season. Obviously that's not meant to say he's top ten, but the dude's not bad. Green Bay is going to be pretty good this year, in my mind.

Who rounds out the top then then, if you're not going to throw him in? Obviously Brees, Rivers, P. Manning, and Brady (in no order there). But who else?

Impy, don't mention Rivers in the same sentence as those three.

Rivers belongs with Big Ben, a healthy Carson Palmer, etc. I'd say Matt Ryan but I gots that 2-year rule so I can't. Dude looks like the true real deal, though.

Impy, don't mention Rivers in the same sentence as those three.

Well, obviously he's not of the same caliber. I'm just saying he's a top tenner. That was off the top of my head and I didn't want to look like a homer by throwing Romo in there.

Where does Dan Orlovsky land?

danorlovsky.jpg

Oh.

I threw Big Ben in there, Steeler fan or not. Anyone that says he's not Top 10 is a crazy man or woman. He's not at Brady/Brees/Peyton's level, though, that's for sure.

I threw Big Ben in there, Steeler fan or not. Anyone that says he's not Top 10 is a crazy man or woman. He's not at Brady/Brees/Peyton's level, though, that's for sure.

He does enough to put you in position to win games, which is really all you can ask for. Sure he's not going to toss 40 touchdowns or get you 4000+ yards, but two rings show he gets the job done.

Even if he did nothing to earn the first.

GAF's list is fine, but Favre should really be on there at least twice.

He does enough to put you in position to win games, which is really all you can ask for. Sure he's not going to toss 40 touchdowns or get you 4000+ yards, but two rings show he gets the job done.

Even if he did nothing to earn the first.

Can I just say this:

He did EVERYTHING to get them to the first, and then had a crap game. He had three great playoff games prior to that, though. They won in Cincy, in Denver and then in Indy to get to the Super Bowl....and trust me, Ben was a HUGE part of that.

He aint Brady and he aint Manning...but he's a winner, and, he knows how to lead late game winning drives.

Where do you honestly rank Aaron Rodgers amongst current NFL QB's?
I would say outside the top 10, not MVP material.

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Philip Rivers
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. Donovon McNabb
7. Kurt Warner
8. Ben Rorthlisberger
9. Jay Cutler
10. Tony Romo

Can I just say this:

He did EVERYTHING to get them to the first, and then had a crap game. He had three great playoff games prior to that, though. They won in Cincy, in Denver and then in Indy to get to the Super Bowl....and trust me, Ben was a HUGE part of that.

It was a yoke, buddy boy.

I pretty much have them even; I give Rivers a slight edge based on his numbers the last couple of years, although Roethlisberger has the number that matters.

Based on that, I probably should switch them.

Yeah, fuck it. I will.

That's what I'm talking about.

Their career regular season stats are very similar, actually...but Ben's playoff record is sterling, and that has to count for something, team sport or not.

Oh yeah, Phanan. Cute Irish Bono is looking for you or some shit and won't shut up about it.

That's what I'm talking about.

Their career regular season stats are very similar, actually...but Ben's playoff record is sterling, and that has to count for something, team sport or not.

Agreed. It's the reason why I give Brady the edge over Manning, so it would be kind of hypocritical of me to not look at it the same way with Rivers and Roethlisberger.

That's also why E. Manning appears on my list.

It would probably be something like this.

1. Brady
2. P. Manning
3. Brees

and then everyone else...

4. Roethlisberger
5. Rivers
6. Warner
7. Romo
8. Cutler
9. E. Manning
10. McNabb

I'm not a Donovan McNabb fan. Donovan McNabb tends to bug the shit out of me. But he's better than Tony Romo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom