NFL 2009-10: Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colts and Ravens are definitely still on the radar. SD certainly has the talent in a weak division, but have been too inconsistent. People have been saying the Texans would break through for the last four years or so; I don't see it happening yet.

It's gonna be a great season.

The Ravens will probably slightly worse than last season, but still a team to be reckoned with. I honestly don't recall a more brutal game than the AFC Championship game. At least not in this era of protecting players...it was like a 70's AFC West game or something.

Steelers so badly need to re-establish themselves as a dominant running team.

I think the Ravens have a chance to be better actually. While the defense is getting older, I see Flacco and the offense emerging a bit more this year, now that he has a full season under his belt.

Their O-Line got worse, their defense got worse. They're not going to improve on 11 wins. In my humble opinion.

They play the AFC West this year, which is weak, and while the NFC North has improved, I still think the Ravens do well against those teams.

Whereas last year they had the AFC South and NFC East.

They should get to 11 wins again, if not 12.

Ian, I'm curious: how did you become a fan of the NFL? Are there many in New Zealand?

i caught the second half of the panthers/patriots superbowl and that piqued my interest. i started watching when i could the next season and found myself enjoying it.

there's a lot of people who own nfl merchandise, but usually they're just going for the look to be gangstaaaa (why they can't stick to basketball i'll never know). there definitely are a few fans of the sport around. the fact that the pay tv provider here have increased their coverage of the nfl lately, and the coverage of the superbowl on the ordinary nightly news when it comes around now focuses more on the game than the ads suggests there is at least a passing interest within a lot of people.

and a completely pointless fun fact, the sports fields near my house have the slingshot american football style goalposts instead ordinary H style goalposts you normally see all over new zealand.

they won the superbowl, they dont need to re-establish shit! :lol:

but seriously, they could use some work on the running game.

Defending a title is hard work. They cannot average 3.3 ypr a game and expect another SB appearance, let alone victory. Also, Ben takes a pounding, though he's to blame for some of that.

And despite that, I can't see them not winning their division.

The Steelers? Well, you think the Ravens will be even better this season. While I disagree, I don't think it's at all far-fetched...so, if it comes to pass, the Steelers might be relegated to fighting for a Wild Card spot.

I do think the Ravens will be better, but I still think the Steelers will eventually beat them. I see both teams around 12-13 wins. Perhaps that's a bit optimistic, but I think it's perfectly logical.

Of course, I think the Pats go something like 14-2.

I certainly hope the Steelers win 12-13 games. They return 20 starters, I believe, along with the return of their punter.....their punting was an abomination last season. Return game should be improved, too.

I do think the Ravens will be better, but I still think the Steelers will eventually beat them. I see both teams around 12-13 wins. Perhaps that's a bit optimistic, but I think it's perfectly logical.

Of course, I think the Pats go something like 14-2.

The Patriots defense looks pretty awful to me so far; I think 12-4 is much more likely (esp. with the harder schedule this year).

anyone else notice that the Packers completely dominated Arizona in the 1st half last night (38-10)? this is the 3rd straight preseason game where the Packers starters look like they're in a completely different league than the other teams' starters.

Well, Cutler impressed me tonight. I'm feeling pretty confident in our offense right about now. Bring on the real shit.

Tedy Bruschi is retiring.

thjellytime50.gif

Hope he enjoys his retirement; he deserves it (in every possible sense).

This just in:

Even though baseball is my true sports passion, the NFL runs a close second.

Therefore, I am starting to get VERY excited for next Thursday.

Pennant Races + NFL beginning = awesome.

If every game that Favre plays in is going to be broadcast like last night's game, no way can I watch.

I mean, with every breath it was Favre this and that. Was kind of funny how AP takes it to the house on the first play, and the announcers go, well this will keep us from talking about Favre for a little bit.

The breaking point for me was the cutaway to one of the commercials that showed every closeup of you know who's face. it was about 8 shots and I said enough.

I still don't see how he makes it the entire year, I think the Vikings will start out very well, but it'll be like the Jets last year. Arm will get tired, body will be beat up, and he'll start pressing to make plays.

it's not like the Jets didn't have a good running game, and you could argue have/had a better WR corps than the Vikings do now.

Must avoid any vikings games this year!

The Colts and Ravens are definitely still on the radar. SD certainly has the talent in a weak division, but have been too inconsistent. People have been saying the Texans would break through for the last four years or so; I don't see it happening yet.

It's gonna be a great season.

Let's be honest, the problem with the Charges is their head coach. I like Norv, I just can't get behind him as a head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom