NFL 2007, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:
McNabb is playing like a hobbled QB. It's pretty crazy if you think about it...this is a guy who has had 10 months off, and still isn't ready. If he doesn't get his act together, people are going to be calling for his head. The Eagles' old "don't trust anyone over 30" mantra will take hold, and he'll have to get a job elsewhere, which shouldn't be hard because he still is very talented.

Woah, woah, woah. What do you mean "still isn't ready?" He's returned about eight months before an ACL repair is fully healed. He's tremendously early, which is why he's moving slow. People are so much more tired of Andy Reid right now then Donovan. Everyone knows he's hurt, but like Howard Eskin said, McNabb without a good knee is still better than rookie Kevin Kolb.

speedracer said:

You better watch out, the Patriots might be spying on you as well.

I really don't think the Patriots needed this sort of edge to beat the Jets, but knowing Bill Belichick, it wouldn't surprise me if it actually happened.

It wouldn't surprise me if others do the same thing, just better. :wink:

phanan said:

It wouldn't surprise me if others do the same thing, just better. :wink:

"Better" meaning "without getting caught", of course.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
well it would figure that in a game where eli looks simply great (despite the defense's complete inability to stop anyone) that he would have to leave the game with a bruised throwing shoulder...

i love the hefty lefty as much as the next guy, but yea... no.

ESPN says Eli's out for a month with a separated shoulder.

eta: Giants deny it (they say it's only bruised), but Mort "stands by his story." :shrug:

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

ESPN says Eli's out for a month with a separated shoulder.

Now Giants fans get to enjoy the Pillsbury throwboy!

lorenzen.jpg

The fake whistle do-over during the Bucs / Seahawks game was amazing.

Jon Gruden never changes facial expressions either.

Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon emphatically denied that Manning had separated the shoulder and said that it was a contusion of the AC joint and he is day-to-day.

Hanlon added: "Don't be shocked if you see him playing on Sunday."

:shrug:

it's fitting that this would happen after eli played what in my opinion was his best game as a pro by far.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

god do i hate fireman ed... i got some free tickets to a jets/pats game a couple years back and had to sit 5 rows behind him. ugh...

No wonder they were free tickets....

And you all were right. The Bears didn't beat the Chargers.

I assumed we could muster up some sort of offense. What waaaaaaaas I thinking. :grumpy:

Got Philk? said:

No wonder they were free tickets....

And you all were right. The Bears didn't beat the Chargers.

I assumed we could muster up some sort of offense. What waaaaaaaas I thinking. :grumpy:

I was at the game yesterday, and it really was a great game. Of course, made even greater because the Chargers won!:wink: Í don't really think the Bears offense was that bad, it was really just that the Chargers defense was that good. And the same was true about the Bears defense - they were really good, and basically shut LT down, something many many other defenses have failed to do. Overall, it was a really exciting game to be at, and it makes me really excited for the Chargers this season - I cannot wait for next week. I do think its doubtful they will beat the Pats, but, you never know. Go Chargers!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Bears gave it away, Rex can't hold the ball...and Berrian blew a pattern that was a sure TD...
Sucks to be a Bears fan...with such a killler D...and no O.

I know it wasn't a bad game. But I mean we shut them down just as much as they shut us down. The difference was our defense never got a rest because of our offense.

And it really isn't Rex's fault. Without a running game, it really is hard to find an open man!

I will agree however that both teams have great D. I knew it would be a low(er) scoring game than usual.

Truth be told, it took a somewhat crazy turnover on that punt for the Chargers to break through. But, that's the way the ball bounces. :lol: :reject: sorry...

And I miss Thomas Jones too :sad:

ET said:
Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Bears gave it away, Rex can't hold the ball...and Berrian blew a pattern that was a sure TD...
Sucks to be a Bears fan...with such a killler D...and no O.

I agree the Bears defense is great - but come on, the Chargers outright beat them, in totality. At least give credit where credit is due.

If it is a "killer D", and if the Bears "gave it away"" (basically implying the Chargers didn't deserve to win), why did the Chargers win by 11 points, which easliy could have been 14 more (the blown offsides call on the one yard line, plus we were in touchdown position with more than one minute left at the end and just ended the game) I understand saying a team gave away a win when the other team beats them by 1-3 points, where the score was really close, but one more touchdown for the Bears wouldn't have won the game.

I thought the game just really demonstrated that even the best team of the NFC (which I am guessing is the Bears, but who really knows at this point) is just about equal with approximately the top 5 teams of the AFC. That to me is the bummer - the unequal level of play in the AFC vs. the NFC.

I'll agree with that. We didn't give it to them. They made plays at the end, and we couldn't.

I will say this. I can't wait to see the Chargers stack up against the Colts and the Pats. With the Chargers D, those games should be interesting. :D
But I'll probably have to watch Detroit play Atlanta that week because of regional coverage so...let me know how it goes! :grumpy:

Got Philk? said:
I'll agree with that. We didn't give it to them. They made plays at the end, and we couldn't.

I will say this. I can't wait to see the Chargers stack up against the Colts and the Pats. With the Chargers D, those games should be interesting. :D
But I'll probably have to watch Detroit play Atlanta that week because of regional coverage so...let me know how it goes! :grumpy:

Next week is the true test for the Chargers - as much as I truly hate to say it (because of the horrible display of incredibly rude Pats fans at the playoff game I attended, and yes, I know all Pats fans are not like this), I really think it is the Pats championship to lose this year. How can they not win it all with all that talent on that team?? (its almost physically painful for me to type that :lol:)

The Chargers main weakness is wide receivers - basically, we have none that are worth mentioning. Hence the use of LT as a reciever. And if Antnio Gates doesn't start to catch a few more we are in trouble. I don't see how we can beat the Pats with our super weak receiving corp, but, who knows?? I hope you get to watch the game - its going to be a great one, for sure!!

Kinsa said:

I was at the game yesterday, and it really was a great game.

My buddy, who is a huuuuuge Charger fan, was at the game yesterday too. He told me last night he wishes he would have sold his ticket to one of the Bears fans out there. Aside from the LT pass for a TD, he said most of the play was totally forgettable. :shrug: Maybe he was just regretting not making a nice buck off his ticket. :wink:

In my opinion, the Bears blew it with turnovers. Sloppy. The play calling annoyed me too. Oh yeah, big surprise that Mike Brown and Dusty Dvoracek are out for the season. :rolleyes:

We are taking a mini road trip to Detroit in a few weeks for the game. Should be a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom