NFL 2007, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BonoIsMyMuse said:

I decided to start Roethlisberger on my fantasy team this week because I think he's going to put up big numbers against the Browns. I'll probably start Carson Palmer most weeks, but that seemed like too good of a match-up, especially since the Bengals open against the Ravens.

looks smart now!!
Great game by Big Ben!!!

No spoken words said:
Browns. Wow. They switched QB's in the fist half of the first fucking game of they year.

Can you saw Bill Cowher, your 2008 Browns head coach? Which, as a Steeler fan will break my heart, but it's gonna happen.

I'll vote a big N-O on that one happening....
Even the Brown's fans where I watch were yelling for Quinn...but we'll see him soon enough I'm sure.

Got Philk? said:
I love the fact taht instead of the Bears vs. the Chargers, I get the action packed game between the Lions and the Raiders!

the basic cable nfl deal is retarded.

the packers and eagles game is coming down to the wire, the feagles just had a moronic fumble on a punt to give green bay the ball... and they had to start the san diego/chicago game instead of letting us see the end, due to some stupid nfl rule, so i get to see rivers and sexy rexy have a competition over who can throw the most INTs.

good job, nfl

Got Philk? said:
I love the fact taht instead of the Bears vs. the Chargers, I get the action packed game between the Lions and the Raiders!

Lucky me I get the Bears (my favorite NFC team)....in my hometown...

randhail said:
I really enjoy that we get 16 more weeks worth of Philly fans being so cheerful. :wink:

Compare your number of championships over the past 24 years to ours and then ask yourself if a fan would be angry and bitter.

Andy Reid deserves a plaque from the Packers thanking him for that one.

phillyfan26 said:

Compare your number of championships over the past 24 years to ours and then ask yourself if a fan would be angry and bitter.

Patriots fans are (mostly) Red Sox fans, so they ought to have at least a bit of compassion. Hence why I get so ticked off when they toss out smart-ass comments about Philadelphia fans.

Can I start the chants of "Griese, Griese, Griese!"

I know that int wasn't his fault, but what about running around and then...ahem...dropping the ball? It's the same thing as last year. :sigh: Perhaps we should not wait on this...:(

Is week one too early for this post? :wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I watched a bit of the Lions game but was doing other things so I wasn't able to pay much attention.

I guess you weren't, considering the game is barely into the 3rd quarter... :wink:

I'm still trying to figure out how much of the Steeler win was attributable to the Steelers playing well, and how much is attributable to the Browns being atrocious. I'm thinking 35% former, 65% latter. But, a win is a win, I'll take it, especially on the road.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

both...

and if randy moss is randy moss?

yea... the pats reeeeally might go undefeated this year.
Belichick won't let that happen. they'll need a late season stumble to be hungry going into thr tourney ala MNF in Miami 3 yrs ago.

Ok, I'll stop the Grossman talk for a while. I shouldn't chime in until I can watch them play.

However, Benson and A. Peterson have fumbled. Can I ask a question? Why did we trade away our best running back? What was wrong with Jones?

And I think I will recant my 6-7 games won by the Lions...4-5 tops. :D

phillyfan26 said:

Andy Reid deserves a plaque from the Packers thanking him for that one.

Oh I completely understand it, don't get me wrong about that. I made the comment based on how you guys are in midseason form already when it comes to being upset. I thought it was funny and didn't mean to come across as smug if that's how some took it.

Don't worry about it. I'm very pissed. I can't even use sarcasm at the moment. I'll wait till tomorrow now. :wink:

randhail said:

Oh I completely understand it, don't get me wrong about that. I made the comment based on how you guys are in midseason form already when it comes to being upset. I thought it was funny and didn't mean to come across as smug if that's how some took it.

:up:

Got Philk? said:
Ok, I'll stop the Grossman talk for a while. I shouldn't chime in until I can watch them play.

However, Benson and A. Peterson have fumbled. Can I ask a question? Why did we trade away our best running back? What was wrong with Jones?

Yeah I went and took a shower when it was 17-14, and now I come back and look at this. GO LIONS! :lol:

Got Philk? said:

isn't all RG's fault today....we had the Chargettes stuffed, then GIVE them the ball....not smart....
as to why Jones is gone? cause Benson bugged management enough to be "the star"..and of course they are high on Peterson...but coulda beat the Dolts today...but didn't...:madspit:

Got Philk? said:

jones pretty much stunk today, if that's any consolation

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the pats may just go undefeated this year... there, i said it

Crap. I'm gonna go ahead and put money on the Chargers in Foxboro next week.

A lot of running backs stunk today - Stephen Jackson, Larry Johnson, Maroney didn't have a great game. There has to be some unhappy fantasy owners out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom