NFL 2007 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just downtown last night, and told my friend that when I'm in New York, I feel a hell of a lot safer there than when I'm in Detroit.

I'm always told of the city's heyday by relatives, when it was a big deal to get all dressed up to go to Hudson's for a day of shopping and such, but ever since I've been around the city has just been one huge eyesore that's been trying too hard to be what it once was. And ever since Kilpatrick has been mayor, it's been a half-assed effort at best.

I think it's safe to say if any of you ever come here, don't expect me to be a Detroit cheerleader. ;)

No spoken words said:
Headache, that was what we were talking about at the game...I mean, sure, Griese and Grossman leave a lot to be desired, but, what unimaginative play-calling. Even with a weapon like Hester, they manage to be uninspired. I'm sure Phil might sweep in here and disagree, but I think at least some of the blame is on the O-coordinator. Griese was brutal, though.

:sweeeeeeeeeeep:

Hi kids,
The Bears are not good. Some will argue that on defense, we miss Mike Brown and Nate Vasher. I say we miss last year's Defensive Coordinator even more, who left for San Diego.

I still think it was a great idea to trade our good running back and a 2nd round pick for...a second round pick. Now we're left with a bad running back. Funny how the NFL works huh? "We have to continue to play this guy, or we admit we made a mistake taking this guy #4...and traded the good rb away. " :mad:

Bernard Berrian thinks he can get $8 million this offseason. HA!

Based on Donovan McNabb's comments on booing, perhaps he should reconsider his desire to move to Chitown. He will have to play lights out! Or lets face it, he'll be boo'd.

Sticking to quarter backs. Should we go back to Grossman now? I mean, Greise had 4 picks...does it really matter?

And the Defense. It is not as good anymore. Big heads lead to arm tackles apparently. This was the first week of the season anyone was able to praise the Detroit offensive line. wow...

No spoken words said:
I hope the Colts beat the shit out of the Pats.

Yes.

I don't hate the Pats. They're undeniably awesome and fun to watch, and I've got plenty of reasons to like them (Brady played for Michigan which was my dad's law school, tragically my family are Minnesota fans so we like Randy Moss, Colvin went to my high school, I was born in Boston, etc). but I'm a Colts fan through and through and I feel like they're not getting much recognition this year, despite the fact that they're undefeated and defending Super Bowl champs. So winning against the Patriots would be a good way for the Colts to show that they still exist, and also prove that the Pats aren't unbeatable, which is certainly what it seems like so far.

and before any of you criticize me for being a complaining colts fan, re-read my comment about my family being Minnesota fans :wink: we couldnt even manage to beat Philly today :sad:

No spoken words said:
You don't like Rage Against the Machine? What are your issues with them? Yeah, bad puns for $100 Alex.

UNNGHHH CMON

IM CALM LIKE A BOMB IGNITE IGNITE IGNITE IGNITE IGNITE

AtomicBono said:

Colvin went to my high school

Rosie the Rocket!!! Or, at least that's what we call him here.

I was listening to the radio the other day, and heard that when Wayne Gretzky was playing for the Indy Racers his first year in the WHL, he went to your High School. Not sure if it is true though.

It seems a real possibility that not only could the winner of the Pats/Colts tilt finish 16-0, but the loser could finish 15-1.

I dare say this may be the greatest regular season matchup (on paper heading in) in the NFL in a very very long time, harkens back to a Monday nighter between the 10-1 Niners and 10-1 Giants many moons ago when Ronnie Lott nearly decapitated Mark Bavaro.

Hewson said:
It seems a real possibility that not only could the winner of the Pats/Colts tilt finish 16-0, but the loser could finish 15-1.

The Colts still have the much-improved Chargers on their schedule. That could be a tough game for them (in San Diego).

Pats have it a bit easier....

zonelistener said:

The Colts still have the much-improved Chargers on their schedule. That could be a tough game for them (in San Diego).

Pats have it a bit easier....

Agreed on that. The Chargers seems to have it back together again.

Although I think the Steelers might put up a bit of a test for the Patriots, although with that one being in New England, I'm not sure if it will really matter or not.

Next week's game is going to be sick.

Phanan, I'm a Steeler fan and have seen each game this year except for this one....and, I have to be honest, I don't think the Steelers can hang with the Pats right now. I think the Pats would pass and pass and eschew the run, and the Steelers would be flummoxed, as they are great against the run but weaker against the pass. I mean, I hope I'm dead wrong, but that's how I see it.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I was just downtown last night, and told my friend that when I'm in New York, I feel a hell of a lot safer there than when I'm in Detroit.

I'm always told of the city's heyday by relatives, when it was a big deal to get all dressed up to go to Hudson's for a day of shopping and such, but ever since I've been around the city has just been one huge eyesore that's been trying too hard to be what it once was. And ever since Kilpatrick has been mayor, it's been a half-assed effort at best.

I think it's safe to say if any of you ever come here, don't expect me to be a Detroit cheerleader. ;)

I remember living in Michigan when he was elected...claimed he'd tear down all the run down crap in the city...never happened and all the press he got was for throwing inappropriate parties, and then asked Oakland County to put up money to fix up the city. The Super Bowl being there was simply an inside money job from Ford.

No spoken words said:
Phanan, I'm a Steeler fan and have seen each game this year except for this one....and, I have to be honest, I don't think the Steelers can hang with the Pats right now. I think the Pats would pass and pass and eschew the run, and the Steelers would be flummoxed, as they are great against the run but weaker against the pass. I mean, I hope I'm dead wrong, but that's how I see it.

That's probably the most likely scenario, but we'll see.

An AFC team could be 15-1 this year and not even get home field advantage. Crazy.

powerhour24 said:

I remember living in Michigan when he was elected...claimed he'd tear down all the run down crap in the city...never happened and all the press he got was for throwing inappropriate parties, and then asked Oakland County to put up money to fix up the city. The Super Bowl being there was simply an inside money job from Ford.

Yeah, I can't understand why anyone would voluntarily live in this state. The Super Bowl was a huge joke, I remember the dressed up windows of all the vacant businesses, that was class. :happy:

No spoken words said:

The former.

You went to college?

That's.......wait for it......THRICE!!!

:tsk:

Oh, and last night I said the Lions were 6-2... Let me stand corrected. Those mofos are 5-2, but you all probably already knew that already. :reject:

Last edited:
Hewson said:
I dare say this may be the greatest regular season matchup (on paper heading in) in the NFL in a very very long time, harkens back to a Monday nighter between the 10-1 Niners and 10-1 Giants many moons ago when Ronnie Lott nearly decapitated Mark Bavaro.

:drool:

that's exactly what this game reminds me of... too bad the stupid flex schedule doesn't start for 2 more weeks... if ever there was a game that should be in prime time for the entire nation to watch, this is the one.

and yes, i'm just bitter that i will be attempting not to put a bullet in my head at a basketball clinic until 5 on friday, missing the first hour.

they do, which is the one flaw in the flex schedule. they have to put the holds in before the season, so you'll see some late season holds against teams that suck whom were supposed to be good (coughcoughbearscoughcough), but one would assume colts-pats would have been a no brainer pre-season hold.

damned contracts :shakesangryfist:

i will say this... the no good F'ing jets better be on Fox at 1:00. if the colts-pats isn't a new york game... ugh. i'm gonna be even more pissed.

The Pats-Colts game will be on everywhere except Oakland and Houston. The NFL realized the enormity of the game at the outset and scheduled only one other late game at the same time.

And if the Texans-Raiders game isn't a sell out, the Bay Area will see it too, which would mean that Houston would be the only place in the country not to see the game of the year.

i have sympathy for running the score up in all levels of play from college on down. i have none for professional teams.

but i will say that belichick is leaving brady out there for a long time in some of these games that are over at the half... i know he's probably doing it to keep him sharp and all, but he's taking a risk. if brady's in the game in the 4th quarter of a 40 point game and god forbid blows out his knee or throwing arm, belichick's gonna take a lot of heat. not that he cares.

Agreed that Brady could come out earlier, but other than that, I really don't know what people expect. Why would the Patriots just keep running the ball and go three and out for the entire fourth quarter? All that does is tire out the defense. Might as well keep the offense on the field.

Brady can stay in as long as he wants. I have him on my FF, and right now he's carrying me. Unfortunately, the rest of my team doesn't do too much (S Jackson was my 1st pick), so I need Brady's 50 points a week to offset the other scrubs on my team.

I think the Pats win big.

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase on 12-06-06
and then all the jet fans spend the entire off-season gettingl pumped up about how great their team is, about how chad pennington having an arm like a guy with no arms doesn't matter, and how mangini's a mangenius...

... and then the NFL comes in and smacks them across the face with a tougher schedule due to their wins this year, the jets slip from playoff team to 4 wins, and mangenius gets the can, only to end up taking over some other franchise 3 years later and carrying them to a super bowl.

it's the jet way.

:hi5:

Neither Indy or NE will be talking any smack...Dungy and Hoodie don't let that crap go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom